Thread: GSSE 2011 Feedback

1. #1 GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    Just wanted to give the opportunity like always to hear your feedback on this years event and see what we can do to make it better for everyone next year..

I had a great time, we really have a great group of folks and getting better every year.. Thanks to everyone that came from near and far!

My body feels like we did a month worth of wheelin in 3 days between riding all day and all night and fitting a few beverages in between

2. #2 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    Suggest: We wheel more often.

That is all.

The only thing that id say we could change is set meeting times each morning. We didnt have a chance to see everyone friday night so we missed yall rolling out saturday. And with no service at all in harlan its hard to get auold of anyone.

Ohh and turn harlan into a wet county... Haha
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

4. #4 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    1. Pave a highway straight from Atlanta to Harlan
    2. Eliminate all humidity in Harlan while we are there
    3. Supply blasting powder for the top of Your Turn

5. #5 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    Didn't make it this year but I would say if more people had cb's it would help for finding people and maybe somebody blowing a horn in the morning say 30 minutes before rolling out then again when it is time to go.

6. #6 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    I had a good time and I know the organizing an event like this is a thankless job, so let me start by saying thank you to the organizers.

As for suggestions, I think a set meeting time would be a great idea. Last year we met at 9am Friday morning and got in groups, etc. and I think that was good (maybe 10am would be better ).

7. #7 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    I think 10am is a great time to stage in the summer because the weather is nice enough to be out on the trail late and a little extra sleep and a decent breakfast is always good.

Also this is a little bit selfish but I think a good rule for any Sunday run is to hit the trail ASAP out of courtesy for folks who have a long drive home. Wheel first and break camp second. You can always wad up a tent if you encounter breakage and clean it up at home but you can't rush getting off the trail with broken parts if it happens. It's always a battle to be out on the trail early Sunday but this is the feedback thread right?

8. #8 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    I really enjoyed the trip. Seein old faces and meetin new ones. I think all went well. The normal groups seemed to wheel together as always. There was some good night wheelin involved also. Only thing I can say bad is it was hot. But thats summer in the south. Oh and Pony hill is mine next time. And as for times on leaving the hard line guys tend to always camp so we get drunk with each other and wake up and wheel with each other. Maybe one of the intermediate guys could step up and figure out what time they are leaving where they are meeting up and where they are going. But thats just my suggestion.

9. #9 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    I agree with the comments on getting everyone together in the mornings to organize a little better. We did better at that last year, it was a little harder to do that this year because our attendance was lower, several didn't commit to coming until the last minute and quite a few were arriving at different times. We had quite a few show up that weren't registered and that made it tough to plan groups ahead of time as well.

This was an off year in my opinion, however thanks for the thoughts and we'll do better next time.

I also agree with Cam's thoughts on getting out early on sunday. the challenge this year was the fact that we were out late and absolutely exhausted from wheeling night and day already.

Pearce did buy the dry erase board this year for letting each other know where we were going buuuuut it didn't get used...

We'll be sure to have a drivers meeting on Friday morning again and get folks more organized..

Keep the thoughts coming

10. #10 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    I think 10am is a great time to stage in the summer because the weather is nice enough to be out on the trail late and a little extra sleep and a decent breakfast is always good.

Also this is a little bit selfish but I think a good rule for any Sunday run is to hit the trail ASAP out of courtesy for folks who have a long drive home. Wheel first and break camp second. You can always wad up a tent if you encounter breakage and clean it up at home but you can't rush getting off the trail with broken parts if it happens. It's always a battle to be out on the trail early Sunday but this is the feedback thread right?
    Says the man who was last to get out of the bed on Sunday...

11. #11 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    Quote Originally Posted by S-10 Seanzy View Post
    Says the man who was last to get out of the bed on Sunday...
    ...Which had no effect on our departure time, did it. An hour later you were messing with your battery cables and we still hadn't moved.

12. #12 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    no need to show our jaggons fellas...

13. #13 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    ...Which had no effect on our departure time, did it. An hour later you were messing with your battery cables and we still hadn't moved.

This coming from the guy who slept in someone elses tent.... and didnt even help him pack it up

I agree, lets put the jaggons away and get back to topic....

14. #14 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zjeepin View Post
    it was a little harder to do that this year because our attendance was lower, several didn't commit to coming until the last minute and quite a few were arriving at different times. We had quite a few show up that weren't registered and that made it tough to plan groups ahead of time as well.

This was an off year in my opinion, however thanks for the thoughts and we'll do better next time.
    I agree. With so many people showing up at different times it was hard to meet up wtih anyone, especially with no cell service.

I had a great time, just a little trouble (that I wasn't prepared enough for) that kept me off the trail Friday night and Saturday morning. Friday Pearce and I got lucky and passed Trey on the way to the trailhead and he pointed us towards the group and Saturday I got lucky again half way through the day and found a group right at the start of Mason Jar.

CB's would help. I should get one.

We also didn't loosely group up by tire size before hand like we did last year.
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

15. #15 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    Quote Originally Posted by zjeepin View Post
    no need to show our jaggons fellas...
    My jaggon was never out. I was just joking around, hence the . I didn't think his comment was aimed at me, but evidently it was. I guess I will have to try and plan my bad luck more accordingly around everybody else's schedules next time. If I could have had the rig ready 3 weeks in advance, I would have, but it wasn't in the cards. Every one of us has been that guy before, yourself included Cam. Nobody wants to hold up the show, but it inevitably happens with somebody. There's no reason to get butthurt about it. Again, I wasn't showing my ass in the least with my previous comment...just a little light ribbing. Jaggon sheathed...

16. #16 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    I thought it was a kick ass trip this year. If there were more people I could see the need for organized groups but there were so few this year that it didn't really matter. Friday it was just one big assed group and that worked fine. I brought enough people to wheel with in a small group and most of the other cabins had similarly built vehicles and we usually found each other randomly. The CB's did help with that. I think everything has been said so far. The BBQ was great as usual. The new folks I hadn't met before were all really cool. It's no wonder they're wheeling with us! I hate I didn't get to see Seanzy and Cam wheel but usually y'all are doing crazy trails that my heavy rig can't do yet anyway. As always good seeing everybody. I'm working on getting my videos up now btw.

17. #17 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    Sean (SeanzyS10) I had not aimed my comment at anyone in particular. This is a feedback thread so like anyone I would just like to see things get better. I think most of us would love to get more wheeling in on these trips if it's just a matter of figuring out a way for things to be more efficient. I think good ideas for improving things can often be misinterpreted as blame and I'm sure I would be as "guilty" as anyone if we were keeping score. I just like to be taken seriously so jokes or not please don't try to detract from what I have to say. No need for sarcasm either. Call me if you need to say anything else. I think this thread has served its purpose as far as our conversations.
    Last edited by ATL ZJ; 08-03-2011 at 11:32 PM.

18. #18 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 

No need for anyone to get upset, overall it was a good trip.

19. #19 Re: GSSE 2011 Feedback 
    The only way to have made the trip better was for me to actually have a rig there.... It will be there next year....hopefully on some stickies...
    88 Suzuki Samurai
    3rz, doubler w/ 4.7 geared case
    100" wb
    Built Yota's
    39.5" Iroks

Thread Information