Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Ruff Stuff Link Mounts

Thread: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts

1. #1 Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    How is anyone attaching the Adj. Frame Mount Link Brackets? The unibody side isnt wide enough, for the life of me I cant think of a good way to do it. Maybe someones got a pic of how they did it, thanks for your help.
    -TheCompound (Because it Pisses you Off!)

2. #2 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    have a pic of the mounts your trying to use?
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

3. #3 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    Adjustable Frame Mount Link Bracket 10 Degree

Attached Images  

4. #4 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    upper control arms it looks like? are you trying to install them front or rear?
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

5. #5 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    Sorry, I should have givin more info. Yes they are for the Upper Rear frame end link mounts.

6. #6 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    Did you get this figured out? I've got the same brackets and aside from adding a plate to the frame (which would need to be braced all over the place) I don't see how to make it work. I'm thinking of ditching the ruffstuff brackets and looking for a smaller one.

7. #7 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    Quote Originally Posted by Israel View Post
    Did you get this figured out? I've got the same brackets and aside from adding a plate to the frame (which would need to be braced all over the place) I don't see how to make it work. I'm thinking of ditching the ruffstuff brackets and looking for a smaller one.
    Yes i did figure thos out, just hope i can explain it in a way youll understand. All you need to do is cut the 90* bend in the bracket off. ( cut along the line made by the press break they used to make the bend, on both the vert. And horz. planes.)
    Now the 2 vert. pieces (call them the legs) can be slid in and made flush with the top piece making a new 90* joint. Weld the 2 legs to the top piece. This should make the breacket about 1 inch narrower.

Was not a perfect fit but damn close. I hope this helps, if not PM me your number or something.

8. #8 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCompound View Post
    Yes i did figure thos out, just hope i can explain it in a way youll understand. All you need to do is cut the 90* bend in the bracket off. ( cut along the line made by the press break they used to make the bend, on both the vert. And horz. planes.)
    Now the 2 vert. pieces (call them the legs) can be slid in and made flush with the top piece making a new 90* joint. Weld the 2 legs to the top piece. This should make the breacket about 1 inch narrower.

Was not a perfect fit but damn close. I hope this helps, if not PM me your number or something.
    That makes perfect sense. Great idea too. Thanks!

9. #9 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    Can you post some pictures of how you did this? For some reason I just can't wrap my head around it. The time has come to dump the Claytons LA's and upgrade to RS 4 link kits. I have put them on 2 different framed rigs, and these are the ticket. I will probably be cutting into the floor a little and doing a little sheet metal work to get my links closer to parallel.

Thanks,

Jim Bailey
    I'm still waiting on the inexpensive shit to break!!!

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

10. #10 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    Hello? Dammit! Where did everybody go?

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

11. #11 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    I ended up returning the brackets and making my own, but as I understood it, this is what you do:

Look at the poorly photoshopped (MS Paint, actually) picture below. You want to cut along the two black lines I added and remove the piece scribbled in red. Do that on both sides. You will need to narrow the inner piece, but once done you should be able to slide the two "sides" inwards effectively narrowing the bracket. I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to use the upper or lower positions after modding the bracket.

Good luck!

12. #12 Re: Ruff Stuff Link Mounts 
    Quote Originally Posted by Israel View Post
    I ended up returning the brackets and making my own, but as I understood it, this is what you do:

Look at the poorly photoshopped (MS Paint, actually) picture below. You want to cut along the two black lines I added and remove the piece scribbled in red. Do that on both sides. You will need to narrow the inner piece, but once done you should be able to slide the two "sides" inwards effectively narrowing the bracket. I'm guessing you wouldn't be able to use the upper or lower positions after modding the bracket.

Good luck!

Very good sir. I understand now, and I thank you.

Thread Information