Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown!

Thread: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown!

1. #1 The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    Ok, so I'm poor, and not hard core like most of you guy's, but I dream big

About three months ago I picked up a 95 Limited for a DD, 223k on it, 4.0, 249 Limited. 400 bucks Woot!

Had a cracked manifold, no cat or muffler, had been back into about 50 thing's, hatch doesn't open, VC is toasted, CV's are clicking, and it runs like a top!

Unfortunately, I was out bashing through some two tracks and cut a sidewall on the stock minivan tires. Jeeps awesome tin plated lug nut's resulted in this little excursion when one broke in half, with the hex part in my ez out and the tape part still on the stud,

Good times... Lol, at least I got a 7 inch grinder out of it... Damn shops wanted from 150 to 250 to cut it off, no thank you.

So that rock that took out my sidewall also took out my driver's rocker and cladding... So I decided to go ahead and tear it all off.... Huge rust holes under it! sweet... After looking about for other silver Jeeps without rust holes, unsuccessfully, I decided if I painted it, I could get any color body part's I want, and simply paint them to match.

So I decided to go for orange, lol. This is a total 20/20 paint job, but I like it.

Ne

Next up, I have to have my boss order me some 4x4 steel for rockers, and install my IRO F>R swap, and decide on a tire size. I've located a ZJ 231, I'm just waiting on the guy to pull it. So hopefully that happens before too long so I can go ahead and replace my CV's.

For you 4.0 guy's, I have 3.73 gear's, is anyone running them with 33's?
    1999 Wj Laredo stock as a rock - smashed

83 F150 SAS- Under construction

1995 Limited, 223k, The Great Pumpkin

2. #2 Re: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    god that thing is thrashed, but eat shit and welcome to MC, and yes im running 33's and 3.73's, but i have a V8 and my fuel mileage sucks ass.
    No longer a JeepTech01 fan.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

And ELLLLLIOTTTTT................I think..........Yup and ELLLLLIOTTTTT.

3. #3 Re: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy63b View Post
    god that thing is thrashed,
    I know, I love it! I just hit shit with impunity and laugh lmao. I park ridiculously close to people who can't park straight, smash shopping cart's, wham off of trees, it was 400 bucks! I can explode it, scrap it, and make like 50 bucks hahaha.

Mileage doesn't concern me, I drive 8 miles round trip to work lol. Power does, this thing is anemic at best lol. At least whatever stuff I buy will swap to a nicer ZJ if I ever buy one lol.

4. #4 Re: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    well with stock gears and a 4.0, and it being anemic as it is, and 33's, your definately not gonna win any races, as a matter of fact i think a 3cyl metro would be able to whoop your ass.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

5. #5 Re: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    Yeah, it's a vicious cycle, might as well get 4.56's, so I might as well grab a 8.8 to match my new HP 30 front, may as well grab a locker or two, damn that's alot of money, maybe I should just throw em on there and see lol...

That's what endlessly runs through my head daily. Ugh, too many irons in the fire too, between the Cobra, my F-150, and this thing.

6. #6 Re: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

Quote Originally Posted by downtowncb View Post
    Lol. I was thinking the same thing.

Good luck. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Sent from my DROIDX

8. #8 Re: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jrgunn5150 View Post
    Yeah, it's a vicious cycle, might as well get 4.56's, so I might as well grab a 8.8 to match my new HP 30 front, may as well grab a locker or two, damn that's alot of money, maybe I should just throw em on there and see lol...

That's what endlessly runs through my head daily. Ugh, too many irons in the fire too, between the Cobra, my F-150, and this thing.
    lets make this a little easier on ya, go find a 8.8 with 4.10 gears and a HP 30 with 4.10's (4 cyl xj's and tj's) put brackets on said 8.8 and go.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

9. #9 Re: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    I actually have a 4.10 geared HP 30 now, I wasn't sure if it would be enough for 33's. I just found some 31 Firestone AT's at the local tire guy's shop with the nubby's on them still for 300 though, so I may go that route.

Next up is either a 231 or 242 swap though, since my VC is locked up tight, and I just wiped a CV out completely yesterday. I found a ZJ somewhat locally with a 231 so I could get everything from it, but the guy is goofing around about parting it out. I don't want to deal with the axleshafts until I get a new TC, I figure with it all bound up, they'll likely snp about the first time I turn a corner.

10. #10 Re: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    just pull a 231 from an xj or tj and swap the input shafts and go, or even a 242 and call it done.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

11. #11 Re: The Great Pumpkin is real Charlie Brown! 
    Picked up a 231j out of a 97 Cherokee, hopefully I have the same .830 input, or at least the same pitch on the input lol.

Also got a new hub bearing and a pair of XJ shafts.

My vacation time from work kicked in, so I'm saving up for tires, and it'll all go on Memorial Day weekend

Thread Information