Thread: GSSE 2011 Registration

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. #51 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Quote Originally Posted by zjeepin View Post
    Alright guys (and maxx) the time is upon us..

clay whats our countdown lookin like? 18 days.. 432 hours?

We need to get everyone registered as soon as you can because we have to turn in our head count for catering a week ahead of time so the deadline for registration is 7/22.. That gives you 10 days to get registered..

The biggest deal with registering is to guarantee you've got bbq on saturday night, we may be able to get a few more helpings on shorter notice but no guarantee there. We've got the community campsite reserved as well.

I know i've been getting alot of rain in my area the last few weeks so there's potential for another throttlefest this year but theres plenty of time for conditions to change
    Don't worry about bbq for me dude. I can just grab some Dairy Slut if I'm feelin' froggy. I will be tentatively scheduled for arriving Sat evening, but I can't really say when. I should have a better idea as we get closer to d-day. We're gonna try to get the torchmate going this week, so that should really speed up the fab process for me. I would be interested in registering for a nice bridge whore...preferably one that has seen her fair share of meth. Nobody likes a toothy blowjab!

2. #52 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Quote Originally Posted by S-10 Seanzy View Post
    Don't worry about bbq for me dude. I can just grab some Dairy Slut if I'm feelin' froggy. I will be tentatively scheduled for arriving Sat evening, but I can't really say when. I should have a better idea as we get closer to d-day. We're gonna try to get the torchmate going this week, so that should really speed up the fab process for me. I would be interested in registering for a nice bridge whore...preferably one that has seen her fair share of meth. Nobody likes a toothy blowjab!

3. #53 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    gotta admit torchmate does make me a little jelous..

we'll see what we can arrange for ya in the bridge whore dept.. i heard kirby might make it this year he's the skilled one at callin them in without spookin em off..

4. #54 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    Anybody coming to GSSE have a 37/xx/17 tire they want to get rid of? I need a spare.
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

5. #55 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Wow just got word my shocks will not be to my house until the 25th or 26th... cutting it REAL close.

Side note, any harm in driving slow around the neighborhood on just the springs? I want to break-in the tires before Harlan.

6. #56 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
    Wow just got word my shocks will not be to my house until the 25th or 26th... cutting it REAL close.

Side note, any harm in driving slow around the neighborhood on just the springs? I want to break-in the tires before Harlan.
    Yes! Dont do it. I made that mistake when a pair of rear shocks didn't fit right before a wheeling trip. But I was in a parking lot and went over a speed bump slowly, the back end felt like it was going to shoot a spring out it was so out of control. If they were leaf springs it would be fine but with coils, you could easily lose control bouncing all over. Like you said you could go very very slow, but I just don't want to see you have an accident or have to stop quick or something. I suppose limit straps would help prevent that if you really want to give it a try.
    Last edited by Pearce; 07-15-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    www.grandslamsoutheast.com
    SOLD: 98 ZJ, 6" Long Armed, Locked 33" MTR, HP 9" and HP D30
    My Build Thread
    94 YJ, tons and 40s, no leafs, 5.3/4L60e
    04.5 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4, Smarty Jr

7. #57 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Clay just cinch every corner down a few inches with a 10k lb ratchet strap and rock out

8. #58 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    I have limit straps, and those along with the coil retainers at all four points will keep the springs in, but I am uncertain about the bouncing all over and loosing control. I may just try it to say "hey don't be a dumb ass like me"

9. #59 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Sorry weve been slacking on registration. Me my girlfriend and roommate are gonna be registering Monday I believe seeing as how my debit card is dead and the banks are closed. I think also we found someone to pull a double trailer so me and Casey (greyjeep93) hopefully both have a spot being towed up there so count 2 more rigs on 35s in.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

10. #60 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
    I have limit straps, and those along with the coil retainers at all four points will keep the springs in, but I am uncertain about the bouncing all over and loosing control. I may just try it to say "hey don't be a dumb ass like me"
    Yeah that's why I said cinch it down and compress the coils to limit the bounce. The preload from the tension on the straps would eliminate most of the sway. But it's probably a lot of work and a crazy experiment just to knock some expensive tread off a nice new set of tires.

Ronnie- glad to hear yall will be joining us again this year.

11. #61 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Yeah, I may just knock the tits off the tires in Harlan haha. Glad to hear some other rigs on 35s will be there, can't wait!!

12. #62 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 

we'll see what we can arrange for ya in the bridge whore dept.. i heard kirby might make it this year he's the skilled one at callin them in without spookin em off..

Seanzy does like the bridge whores! hahah. I'll be there again this year. Actually made it there last year but rode around with a different group. Rig may/may not make it there, but ill bring the ATV if not.

13. #63 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 

Haah that was hilarious. I dont remember the name of the guy that stood up on the ledge and gave the bridge girls a show and told them to come find Kirby, but that was one of the funniest things ive seen.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

14. #64 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Quote Originally Posted by mtubenzie View Post
    Seanzy does like the bridge whores!
    This is true! Did your column and tube adapters make it there honky?

15. #65 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Hows the de-bannana-ing project goin?

16. #66 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 

Yaaahh buddy. She's sittin on her own weight. Got the hydro lines made up today. Should be ready by to roll next weekend!

17. #67 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    Quote Originally Posted by mtubenzie View Post
    Yaaahh buddy. She's sittin on her own weight. Got the hydro lines made up today. Should be ready by to roll next weekend!
    Word...can't wait to see it.

Hows the de-bannana-ing project goin?
    It's moving along...the rear axle is about 90% done. I need to redo my limit strap mounts and burn in my link tabs...also need to run brake lines and setup the gears. I've still got a laundry list of other little bullshit that needs to be done on the rig. It's gonna be a busy week.

18. #68 Re: GSSE 2011 Registration 
    just registered. will be driving 9hrs down either thurs night or fri morning - to arrive likely fri lunch or dinner time as long as everything gets together and doesnt fall apart on the way. Campin fri and sat night at the evarts campground. Lookin forward to it, Cyall there!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Thread Information