Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Bad Idea Build - Page 2

Thread: Bad Idea Build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Oh ok. And yea WTF is up with 30 parts? I turn off the light in my garage and the fuckers multiply.
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

2. #27 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Thanks for the heim input guys. I'm trying to source some DOM here locally and I think I'm going to build a tie rod and drag link.

And no need for further worrying about the track bars, ordered the IRO Double Shear Front and Adjustable Rear today! Will be sending back the brackets for a refund. Tomorrow I start with the tuneup and oil change since my shocks haven't come in yet. Hopefully there's not some MC discount on IRO that I didn't know about, that would sure suck.
    1998 ZJ Limited 4.0L

3. #28 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    The class retard Lifetime Supporter ajmorell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptech01 View Post
    Oh ok. And yea WTF is up with 30 parts? I turn off the light in my garage and the fuckers multiply.
    Same here. I need to just junk or scrap it since most of it will never get used but I'm a bit of a pack-rat when it comes to Jeep parts.

4. #29 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Payableondeath6 View Post
    Hopefully there's not some MC discount on IRO that I didn't know about, that would sure suck.
    Gave them a call and they gave me the better of the half off shipping discount for MC or the military 5% off discount, MC discount was better for my order so they're refunding my card. Awesome company!
    1998 ZJ Limited 4.0L

5. #30 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Called 4WP and the guy who sent me an email telling me my shocks were shipped out a week ago just found out they didn't ship out until today because they were waiting on one...dang. So it sounds like the lift will be waiting. With that time I guess I'll show my wife's CRV some love with a complete tuneup.

Got all the new Accel plugs, wires, dist cap, and rotor on. Which I'm sure will help my gas mileage because everything looked to be 150k miles old (ie original).

Fender chopping tomorrow.
    1998 ZJ Limited 4.0L

6. #31 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Rained all day yesterday so there was no fender action. But today was beautiful so I cut them. Only did the front and didn't have time to do the hood, will probably do that when I do the rears.

Couple pics of the work, nothing special.

Initial taping

Used an angle grinder and metal cutting wheel.

Finished one side.

Got the other side done as the sun dipped behind the neighbors house, so a crappy shade picture. I took the brushguard off to repaint it black, but I kind of like the looks without it. Too bad it's been damaged or I'd try to sell it.

Look at the huge rust/dirt piles that fell out from banging that pinch seam flat. I bet I gain 1mpg from that alone.
    Last edited by Payableondeath6; 05-07-2011 at 07:14 PM.
    1998 ZJ Limited 4.0L

7. #32 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Gettin there. Much better without the brushguard too IMO.
    2004 Ford Lightning

8. #33 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Thanks man. Shocks and IRO TBs come in tomorrow but it's supposed to thunderstorm the next couple days. I'm finally starting to get over the muscle soreness of CrossFit a little too, so hopefully it doesn't rain and I can wrench some.
    1998 ZJ Limited 4.0L

9. #34 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Got all the old, rusty stuff off. Man I HATE northern vehicles.

Bump stops were completely trashed so I ordered some Daystar extended bump stops and Amazon Prime should have them here in 2 days.

Also, I have a question (and I'm going to call IRO to ask them). How in the world do you hold the nut on the back of the axle side of the track bar? I can't get a wrench on it? Edit: IRO said I could wedge a screwdriver in there and hold the nut, I'll give it a shot.

2nd question. Being down south and in the summer time there are no sporting goods places who carry hockey pucks (local place said they "never" carry them). Could anyone hook me up with a couple, I'll pitch in what's fair? The daystar bumpstops are only like 1.5" longer I think, need enough for front (and rear if they're used there).

Thanks
    Last edited by Payableondeath6; 05-17-2011 at 03:45 PM.
    1998 ZJ Limited 4.0L

10. #35 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Got the Track Bar all torqued down. Got the BB in. Bumpstops are in the mail. Still need hockey pucks if anyone has a couple they'd like to part with.
    1998 ZJ Limited 4.0L

11. #36 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    PM dp96zj Im sure he'll sell you some.
    2004 Ford Lightning

12. #37 Re: Bad Idea Build 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptech01 View Post
    PM dp96zj Im sure he'll sell you some.
    Sent one to him, thanks for the suggestion.
    1998 ZJ Limited 4.0L

All the new stuff is on and it's on it's own feet now. Need to take some pics. Right now it's on 4.5" up front and didn't know how much the rear would be with the front coil and 2" spacer, seems like it's at about 5.5" because the front is 1" lower than the rear.
    Decided that I want to level it out before I take it to get aligned.

Also talked to the wife about what size tires she wants to see on it come Christmas and she wants to go big, so I'm going to get some longer short arms. Andy from Ironman4x4Fab hooked me up with a killer deal on some fixed lowers from his race ZJ (17" Front, 18" Rear). Now just need to find a cheap set of adjustable uppers (any thoughts on the stuff from suicidedoors.com?)

Still trying to figure out if I want to do the heim crossover steering and send my ProComp stabilizer back or just use it until I break the stock stuff wheeling.
    Last edited by Payableondeath6; 06-12-2011 at 06:40 PM.
    1998 ZJ Limited 4.0L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information