Thread: RTT on ZJ

1. #1 RTT on ZJ 
    I need to find a system to mount my RTT onto the ZJ, the Thule gutter mounts obviously wont work from my XJ.

The issue i see is needing a minumum of three crossbars (i have four) under a wider 1.8 Overland RTT and the curverture of the ZJ's roof. The center crossbar/s would sit taller if i swapped in new feet to attach to the ZJ luggage rack rails?

Anyone aware of an adjustable height foot that would allow me a flat surface?

Any other bolt on options? TIA..

2. #2 Re: RTT on ZJ 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    I used to have a thule rack mounted on a ZJ of mine, and the Thule feet definitely stuck up there. I haven't looked around lately for other options, but if that is what you use to put a tent up there, that baby is going to be top heavy.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

3. #3 Re: RTT on ZJ 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    My Mombasa RTT only uses 2 cross rails. I would think removing the majority of the original roof rack assembly and fabricating a new one to meet your specs would be the best bet. Everything down to the rails.

4. #4 Re: RTT on ZJ 
    I was hoping to find out there was an adjustable height foot/tower that slid into the original rails. Only thing i found available is the TrekkerII which wont work.

The idea was to source something quick for upcoming Memorial Day weekend as i wont have time for any fab work any time soon.

I'm sure you guys have seen it, tksmith did a mounting system for his rack that was steel strap bolted to the original nutserts and "legs" cut to length to level it. I think eventually i'll do something similar with a few more mounting points.

Dave, my Overland is wide (Queen).. i need more support under the center.

Thread Information