8. You may not vote on this poll
  • July 29-31

5 62.50%
  • August 5-7

3 37.50%

Thread: GSSE Harlan 2011

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. #76 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    1097 hours to go, everyone better be getting their 'ish together.

2. #77 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    I'm attempting to lol.
    93 ZJ long arms, 35's, F/R Long arms, 4.56 gears, and a bunch more
    98 5.9 slate gray 4" lift with stuff (sold)
    96 ZJ Lift, Long arms, 35's and a bunch of other shit! (RIP)
    [ IRONMAN 4X4 FAB ] [ RACELINE WHEELS]

3. #78 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    ill be lucky if i get to come its gonna be axe to the grindstone for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Ray Charles gofast Tjuggy tons atlas 40" creepys,BLACKMAMBA 3500 Suburban 8.1 tow monster

4. #79 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Me to, i have had somthing come up that i didnt know about that weekend on sat.,I might try and come down on the thursday and friday, then go back friday night. i wish i had voted for the later weekend now lol O well, we will see what happens.

5. #80 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Dammit Scott, you better be going haha

As of right now, I have only one 35" tire for my rig... my spare... so hopefully Pitbull stops BSing and gets me a set. If not, I may be riding around harlan on some bold POS 35s that I would have to find in a JY... FML

6. #81 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
    Dammit Scott, you better be going haha

As of right now, I have only one 35" tire for my rig... my spare... so hopefully Pitbull stops BSing and gets me a set. If not, I may be riding around harlan on some bold POS 35s that I would have to find in a JY... FML
    Im going to try my best! ben might be wanting to sell his 35in km2's if your tires fall through, he wants 37's

7. #82 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Just got off the phone with 4ws.com and I have 4 pitbull rockers headed to my house this week... whew, I was about to get nervous! haha

8. #83 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
    Just got off the phone with 4ws.com and I have 4 pitbull rockers headed to my house this week... whew, I was about to get nervous! haha
    Did you get the bias play like we all told you to get?
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

9. #84 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Ha ha ha Jared

10. #85 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    191 hours...

Radiator is in, mirrors are on the Dodge, shocks should be here today...

11. #86 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    I thought you were on vacation this week clay?

12. #87 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    Here's the too far out, sure to change by then weather forecast - high of 88 Fri - Sun, lows in the upper 60's, chance of scattered T-storms each day.

C'mon next Friday!
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

13. #88 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by rstrucks View Post
    Here's the too far out, sure to change by then weather forecast - high of 88 Fri - Sun, lows in the upper 60's, chance of scattered T-storms each day.C'mon next Friday!
    Hopefully that doesn't change much. It was 103 in Fayetteville yesterday with a heat index in the hundred teens its supposed to be worse today! BTW I work in a non air conditioned shop, so come on next Friday too!
    78 F150 on tons and 42 TSLs, 351M, 4 speed

14. #89 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by zjeepin View Post
    I thought you were on vacation this week clay?
    I wish! I was off the week of July 4th. I am here until Wednesday at 5pm haha

Quote Originally Posted by rstrucks View Post
    Here's the too far out, sure to change by then weather forecast - high of 88 Fri - Sun, lows in the upper 60's, chance of scattered T-storms each day.

C'mon next Friday!
    x2! I sure hope it is cool, and not a whole lot of rain, but we shall see.

15. #90 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Does anyone have any dana 30 shafts or unit bearings laying around they want to get rid of? I could use another spare for each sid for the trip.

Also sorry its a day late forgot yesterday but just paid regiatration for me and my rider
    Last edited by UTChavok; 07-23-2011 at 06:18 PM.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

16. #91 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Won't be making it this year guys..... My rig is under the knife again. Cage will be going in soon. I got a quote to have it done by a local guy to the tune of $2300. I contacted him because of the hours I've been working lately does not leave me with much time. I'm just too cheap to make that happen. So, it looks like I will be making time to get that done myself.

Yall have fun and get some good pics and vids for all us non-attendees this go around. Everyone wheel safe!!! I don't want to hear any horror stories, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone for GSSE-W. If I don't see you at GSMW this year first.
    I'm still waiting on the inexpensive shit to break!!!

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

17. #92 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by indy242003 View Post
    Won't be making it this year guys..... My rig is under the knife again. Cage will be going in soon. I got a quote to have it done by a local guy to the tune of $2300. I contacted him because of the hours I've been working lately does not leave me with much time. I'm just too cheap to make that happen. So, it looks like I will be making time to get that done myself.

Yall have fun and get some good pics and vids for all us non-attendees this go around. Everyone wheel safe!!! I don't want to hear any horror stories, and I'm looking forward to seeing everyone for GSSE-W. If I don't see you at GSMW this year first.
    Well damn, I was looking forward to wheeling with you again this year. Hopefully next year.

18. #93 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    On a bright note... is anyone else as freaking excited as I am???

Jeep is already to go, truck is all ready to go, Monday to Wednesday is going to draaaaaag.

So anyone else besides me and Ryan going to be staying at the cabins? Anyone else getting up there Thursday afternoon and want to drink a few beers??

19. #94 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Me, Sean, and Jon are supposed to be at a cabin. Hows the parking there? We will have 3 F350s and trailers. We should get there Thursday afternoon, around 7 if it is like the past few years and will probably do a quick night run up to lower rock garden or something. We'll be hanging out down at the campgrounds after wheeling each night however.

20. #95 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Oh yea, Trey. Our buddy Jon will be there in his sammi buggy on tons and 42s again this year. I think Sean already paid for 2 people though, if not hes not worried about the BBQ, just letting you know since you seem to be the one keeping tabs on that stuff.

21. #96 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Cool Tim. Parking is kinda tight up there, but we can make do. Are the F350s 4wd? The reason I ask, is the road to the cabins (and especially to the ones in the back) is a PITA in a 2wd truck (ask Ryan about it). Looks like I will be the first one up there, so I will make sure my truck and trailer are out of the way.

22. #97 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Seans dually is 2wd but me and Jon have 4wd's. Worse case we can unload Sean's jeep and he can pull the empty trailer up there.

23. #98 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
    Me, Sean, and Jon are supposed to be at a cabin. Hows the parking there? We will have 3 F350s and trailers. We should get there Thursday afternoon, around 7 if it is like the past few years and will probably do a quick night run up to lower rock garden or something. We'll be hanging out down at the campgrounds after wheeling each night however.
    Black Mountain or Putney Cabins? Parking is a bit tight at the Black Mountain, but I guess Putney has a lot more room (it's also on the opposite side of the mountain where everyone else stays).

At Black Mountain, we had the bottom three cabins and the parking was manageable. There was a little area above our cabins that we could have parked extra trucks/trailers. It looked like more of a construction area for new cabins, though, so who knows what condition it's in this year. I'd recommend going up to the cabins in 4wd if possible -- it's a driveway I do not want to back down with a trailer. If it's wet and you don't have 4wd (or if one of you is towing a big gooseneck), I'd recommend unloading your rigs at the bottom of the hill. Once you get up to the cabin areas, a 2wd truck may need a little momentum (ask rstrucks) to get up to the higher cabins.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

24. #99 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    Thanks, SirFuego. We SHOULD be at the black mountain cabins but who knows what communications may be screwed up. LOL! Sean's the only one with a 2wd tow rig, but hes only pulling a 16' gooseneck single car hauler. I'll have the biggest trailer (23' deckover, bumper pull) but I've got a 4wd tow rig. Worse case they told us we could park a rig or two at the store, or maybe we can just rent a campsite to squeeze one or two trucks into also. We'll figure things out when we get there I guess.

25. #100 Re: GSSE Harlan 2011 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UTChavok View Post
    Does anyone have any dana 30 shafts or unit bearings laying around they want to get rid of? I could use another spare for each sid for the trip.
    I'll have two with me but they are going home with my brother. If you break and need one we won't leave you stranded but you'll have to settle up with him though.

EDIT - I may have some unit bearings kicking around too. I'll check this evening.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim C View Post
    Thanks, SirFuego. We SHOULD be at the black mountain cabins but who knows what communications may be screwed up. LOL! Sean's the only one with a 2wd tow rig, but hes only pulling a 16' gooseneck single car hauler. I'll have the biggest trailer (23' deckover, bumper pull) but I've got a 4wd tow rig. Worse case they told us we could park a rig or two at the store, or maybe we can just rent a campsite to squeeze one or two trucks into also. We'll figure things out when we get there I guess.
    Last year I just unloaded at the campground and drove up to the cabins unloaded. I made it to the second tier/level but not without "gettin' a run at it". The gravel's just too loose to get traction - in my street tire dually anyway. The first year I had to unload halfway up the hill, it sucked.
    Last edited by rstrucks; 07-25-2011 at 09:53 AM.
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Thread Information