Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Newb with a 93 ZJ - Page 4

Thread: Newb with a 93 ZJ

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. #76 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    The Hp 30 has started. We first whipped up a trusse along with a plate for the right side upper mount. We took a few measurement and made some sleeves. We are thinking of cutting off the upper mounts and welding in some jonny joints. What do u guys think of doing this? It's easy to do, and the only downside I can think of is more road noise.

A bigger version of the proposed joint
    93 5.2 expo rig with alot of shit. On a trail most likely.

2. #77 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Jeep Whore's Avatar
    Ooo shinny!
    _______.00000. << ---Mine------____.____.
    //_|__l__,\____\,___---Dads>> /l __,[____],_
    l_--\__\__l---\[]llllll[]| -----------l--|_|-L-OllllllllO-
    (o) )-o---(o) )---o-) ) ----------(o) )-o-(o) )--o-) )
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    Glws = good looking wagon sir

3. #78 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    That looks eerily familliar. I have been working on mine off and on this week too. Lookin good.
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

4. #79 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptech01 View Post
    That looks eerily familliar. I have been working on mine off and on this week too. Lookin good.
    It should, thanks buddy!

5. #80 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    We got the front welded up lastnight. I just have to do BJ, seals, and re-gear it to 4.56's. The front gears are coming out of my buddy's front axle, and the carrier is coming out of my current axle. PITA! I'll start on the 8.8 tonight. I'll be re-using the stock brackets. I spent the money on a Detroit locker, gears, and the rebuild kit.

How are you going to fit that bj in with all that work?
    I'll be hardcore when I can afford it.

7. #82 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by grnd93 View Post
    How are you going to fit that bj in with all that work?
    BJ press! If the press doesn't clear(I'm sure it will) I'll get the trusty grinder out and make it clear!

8. #83 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    My search skills are weak on this one..... I have a leak at the selector lever on the trans. I'm sure it's a o-ring, but I can't find a p# or a size for it. Can you guys help me out?

I like to have the part ready for a fast turnaround.

9. #84 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    We started the 8.8's lastnight. Both will Detroit lockers. My buddy Pat will get 4.88's for his xj, I'll get 4.56's. Other than brackets, the tubes are welded and that's it.

10. #85 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Progress! Ah little bit anyway. I don't think I need to explain a whole lot to the vets around this site, so on to the pics

It's back on the ground. I still need to rear brake line, spacers, arp studs, and u bolts.

Front axle, I'm very happy with it. No locker do to 2 months of jury duty.

the rear has a Detroit, 4.56, IOR brackets, and welded tubes. Just waiting to finish the brake lines and ebrake.

I'm about to start the tuarus fan with DCC controller in stall right now. I really hope the controller works like the reviews. Brian needs to work on customer service really bad. I hope I don't need to deal with him again, since he doesn't respond to emails at all. I'm sure I'll be happy with the product, it looks well made.

Still need the trans leak fixed, windshield, and a major alignment/ suspension adjustment done. Than it could run it's first backcountry adventure.

11. #86 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter 5.9 ANDY's Avatar
    looking at the front track bar and drag link angles, they look a bit less than ideal... just by looking at it, it would appear going to a over the nuckle approach would be the most ideal solution.

after that would be to shorten the track bar bracket.

last would be a drop pitman arm, but i would only consider that a last dich solution.

other than that, the whole build looks great!
    proud Lance Corporal in the Unted States Marine Corps.

Quote Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post

This website is bad for the health of your vehicles, enjoy your stay

12. #87 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by 5.9 ANDY View Post
    looking at the front track bar and drag link angles, they look a bit less than ideal... just by looking at it, it would appear going to a over the nuckle approach would be the most ideal solution.

after that would be to shorten the track bar bracket.

last would be a drop pitman arm, but i would only consider that a last dich solution.

other than that, the whole build looks great!
    Andy I know your more than right on the track bar. I dont have that warm fuzzy feeling about it. The drop frame mount scares the "bleep" out of me! And the trackbar angle is less than ideal. But I'm kinda stuck with it for a few months, unless I can talk my buddy out of the unit he just removed from his Xj. I think is a RE with a modified stock mount. Ill keep plugging away at it. Funds are limited after 2 months on jury duty! I did just receive my $540 for it! WTF Ca?

Doing my duty either for my country or state has never been easy! But Ive done it proud and with a smile! Most of the time anyway!

13. #88 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    looks good man
    No longer a JeepTech01 fan.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

And ELLLLLIOTTTTT................I think..........Yup and ELLLLLIOTTTTT.

14. #89 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    lookin way good. the upper rear mount that was on it before is a rock krawler setup, i am running it and it has held up great although i made a truss for it instead of it bolting to the diff cover. That track bar bracket looks identical to my RK one.... i would reinforce it with a bar running to the opposite side of the frame. mine has sheared the bolts off so i welded it on and it ripped it off again, finally put a brace one it and its good-also fixed my DW problem, the bracket would bend back and forth.
    "When in doubt, get the plasma cutter out"

15. #90 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Why are you running the cv shafts instead of jointed ones? Any 96+ XJ at the junkyard or all TJ's will have the large 297 jointed shafts that you can run 5-760x joints in. Much mo bettah.
    2004 Ford Lightning

16. #91 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Why are you running the cv shafts instead of jointed ones? Any 96+ XJ at the junkyard or all TJ's will have the large 297 jointed shafts that you can run 5-760x joints in. Much mo bettah.
    Simple anwser.... I didnt know that. I like the fact when a CV goes, it does less damage. Atleast thats some of the reading ive done points to. I'd like to put the RCV shafts in one day.

I have the U-joint units that came in the hp30, which i'll take with me on trips for Bu's.

E-fan is almost done. Just need to tap the AC feed, I only see one on the compressor. So it should be easy. I also need to mount the temp sensor, I may just push it in the fins next to the tank.

17. #92 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    I was wondering if that was your logic behind the CV's but even the u jointed shafts will break long before the R&P or carrier will if that is what you are worried about.
    2004 Ford Lightning

18. #93 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    wow great build man. Comn a long way from the horror show at the beginning!! Keep it up. Looking forward to seein more progress

19. #94 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    I was wondering if that was your logic behind the CV's but even the u jointed shafts will break long before the R&P or carrier will if that is what you are worried about.
    I'm not worried about the R/P to much, just wanted to keep driveablity and damage to a minimum if a ujoint breaks. besides theres a no return on the CV's now. So I'll run them until they snap, and can afford some better joints for the back ups.

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABrian View Post
    wow great build man. Comn a long way from the horror show at the beginning!! Keep it up. Looking forward to seein more progress
    Thanks buddy. Tuarus fan and DCC unit is in, seem's to be working. Picking up the brake lines tomorrow i hope. Work is just getting in the way.

20. #95 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    A few more pic's of the the finished fan install, and of the rear brake line install. Damm HF welder stop working so i couldn't tack the brackets! Phone pic's, its better than my camera. Not much hardcore tech here, just more from the Faq's page.

Maxi fuse holder, very big. We will see how it holds up with a 50amp fuse left over from the gutting of the racecar.

Last edited by firehawkclone; 06-24-2011 at 03:07 AM.

21. #96 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Well I drove it again today, and it's just going to change lanes by it's self no matter what. F--k!!! I was kinda hoping the new front axle was going to fix most of the problem. So as Andy pointed out, I'll have to address the trackbar issue. On an up note, the DCC controller/ Taurus fan is working good driving around the block in 95+ deg heat. I'm sitting at 12.7v at the Alt idling with everything running on high, 12.4 at main battery, with a 5.9 Alt.Still need to do rear bump stops, track bar, windshield, fix trans leak, and add some lights and front locker.

22. #97 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Update: it drives like shit and over heats! FMLThe drive: It wanders going down the road. Not even a hit of DW to the fastest speed I've tankin it(70). I'm pretty sure the cause is there is no caster in it. I'm using the old eyeball gauge looking down on the "C". I'm going to remove these extenders on the upper arms to rotate the C's back. If that doesn't work, than the BB comes out. Which might be best for my planned backcountry runs. The axles are working perfect, no more vibration anymore with a good DS angle. Overheating: it's running 210 to 240 in 100-105deg heat. It has a host of problems. First i might have a problem with the DCC fan controller. I have to double check the connections, it works speraticly. I replaced the T-stat and cap, made sure to burp it. But will get to do it again since the HC is mostly clogged. The Rad appears to be new. I pulled the upper cap and there was notting in-between the condenser and Rad. The condenser was cleaned. I have some 1/8" abs to fill in the sides of the Rad, than I'll break out my favorite stuff for the racecar, Aluminum tape!This sucks right now, only day off, it's the 4th, and it's 107deg!

23. #98 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    welcome to tempermental ZJ's

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

24. #99 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboy63b View Post
    welcome to tempermental ZJ's
    This isn't that bad, I'm coming from roadracing Fbody's. 4th gen Firebirds. Goodtimes

25. #100 Re: Newb with a 93 ZJ 
    worst case put your mechanical fan back in to keep it from overheating. and yeah, knock out some caster.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Thread Information