Thread: Grand Slam Midwest 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Grand Slam Midwest 2011 
    Interested to know more details on this event, I have been to the Badlands a few times on my WK and have had no problems other than wear and tear. It isn't all that fun when I'm the only GC and the rest are TJ's JK's! I have been with the JeepsGoneWild for a wile till they broke it off.
    I would like to go there one last time atleast before I move to Houston.
    2005 GC 4.7L QT2 | 4'' Superlift-AEV EGR | Bilstein-Superide shocks | HM Engineering Chrome-moly UCA's | 33'' Goodyear MT/R's |

2. #27 Re: Grand Slam Midwest 2011 
    looks like the only way I may be wheeling this year is in my lowered buick or in my junk Freakin olds 88 ex work car, Can't seem to get my parts shipped much less put the 9er back together so I can join. This is going to really suck I had full intentions of attending this one plus the midwest needs the support to keep going!

I hope this is a good turn out guys! Wish I could make it.
    98 slate 5.9
    Rolled-rebuilding/upgrading.

3. #28 Re: Grand Slam Midwest 2011 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    How are things looking for this event. I'm still game as long as I don't break anything major before then. Looking forward to trying someplace new before the end of the year.
    www.grandslamsoutheast.com
    SOLD: 98 ZJ, 6" Long Armed, Locked 33" MTR, HP 9" and HP D30
    My Build Thread
    94 YJ, tons and 40s, no leafs, 5.3/4L60e
    04.5 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4, Smarty Jr

4. #29 Re: Grand Slam Midwest 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by Pearce View Post
    How are things looking for this event. I'm still game as long as I don't break anything major before then. Looking forward to trying someplace new before the end of the year.
    Things are still looking good. I have some work to get done before I go, but things are well on track.

just1more19,

Just go ahead and plan on coming, there are usually plenty of empty passenger side seats to ride in. It will be a fun weekend. Paris is close and we would be more than happy to put you in a rig for even an afternoon. We will make sure you've got a ride.

I don't visit JF or NAGCA at all. Can someone drop a bug in the ears of these guys also?
    I'm still waiting on the inexpensive shit to break!!!

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

5. #30 Re: Grand Slam Midwest 2011 
    Have we decided on a date yet? I would be up for the 2nd weekend in Oct. Don't know if i can make it the first weekend cause i am heading to harlan at the end of september and need a bit to save up for the badlands. Either way i am going to try and be there. Just need to know when it is so i can put in for a vacation day.

6. #31 Re: Grand Slam Midwest 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmudder View Post
    Have we decided on a date yet? I would be up for the 2nd weekend in Oct. Don't know if i can make it the first weekend cause i am heading to harlan at the end of september and need a bit to save up for the badlands. Either way i am going to try and be there. Just need to know when it is so i can put in for a vacation day.
    Yep. 14th, 15th, &16th of October.

Harlan is a Beast. That mountain will test you and your rig. You will find the weak points of both. Bring plenty of spares and some asprin. It will seperate the Web-Wheelers quickly. I went half assed and didn't have my rig where I wanted it and paid the price. Broke a ton of stuff and working on it half of the weekend. It's one of the best places to wheel that I've been, just go cocked, locked, and ready to rock Doc, cause it will chew you up, and if your lucky, spit you out. That one or two little isses you thought, "well it will be alright". It will find it. So, get it fixed right. If you're prepared, it will be the ride of a lifetime. Good luck and have fun.
    Last edited by indy242003; 08-27-2011 at 11:51 AM.

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

7. #32 Re: Grand Slam Midwest 2011 
    Well i will try my best not to break anything to bad down at harlan that way i can make it over to the badlands and wheel with you guys.

8. #33 Re: Grand Slam Midwest 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by Evilmudder View Post
    Well i will try my best not to break anything to bad down at harlan that way i can make it over to the badlands and wheel with you guys.
    Do that. I will start a new thread soon to get a "who's going thread" started. I've got to get off my ass and get mine finished. I can't even steer it right now (but I do have my full hydro kit). Working like every weekend right now and just puss out when I get home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information