Thread: GSE 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: GSE 2011 
    P.S. if you see on 81 a broken down white ford with a jeep please stop to help
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

2. #27 Re: GSE 2011 
    Trying to finish up the remaining shit on my grand and on Shadows Rubi. About to go grab the trailer and hope to get everything packed up and loaded tonight and get on the road at a decent time tomorrow!
    "Matt"

3. #28 Re: GSE 2011 
    on my way

4. #29 Re: GSE 2011 
    about an hour shy of leaving myself...
    "Matt"

5. #30 Re: GSE 2011 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonWorks View Post
    about an hour shy of leaving myself...
    So that means you'll be leaving at 9 or 10 tonight?

Have fun everyone. Wish I was going...
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

6. #31 Re: GSE 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by slim616 View Post
    P.S. if you see on 81 a broken down white ford with a jeep please stop to help
    or a black ZJ I was on my way until the Jeep died. Was driving down 81 and it just shut down. Got it it to the side of the highway and it won't start, has no spark. I had an MSD coil and have seen others have issues with them when they get hot so I replaced it with a stock coil and still nothing. With the parts store closing and me grasping at straws I also replaced the crank position sensor (major PITA on the side of the highway in the dark)and still no spark. Any suggestions?

edit: just found a thread with almost identical symptoms, really hope it is something as simple as a fuse
    Last edited by conedizzle; 06-10-2011 at 01:35 AM.

7. #32 Re: GSE 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by conedizzle View Post
    or a black ZJ I was on my way until the Jeep died. Was driving down 81 and it just shut down. Got it it to the side of the highway and it won't start, has no spark. I had an MSD coil and have seen others have issues with them when they get hot so I replaced it with a stock coil and still nothing. With the parts store closing and me grasping at straws I also replaced the crank position sensor (major PITA on the side of the highway in the dark)and still no spark. Any suggestions?

edit: just found a thread with almost identical symptoms, really hope it is something as simple as a fuse
    good luck cone, wish i could help

i'm not making this one, broncotony is cash broke & I couldn't get off from work due to a mandatory training class this week

sent from my desk at work using al gore's internet
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

8. #33 Re: GSE 2011 
    Did you get it fixed? Check your relays -- particularly the fuel pump and auto-shutdown relays. IIRC, the A/C relay is the same as those relays, so you should already have spare if you can handle the heat without the A/C. You should hear the fuel pump kick on when you turn the ignition in the on position but don't crank the engine. You should also be able to hear/feel the relays click when you do that.

FWIW when I had that problem, it was ultimately the ECU that was the reason the relays were blowing out.
    Last edited by SirFuego; 06-10-2011 at 09:28 AM.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

9. #34 Re: GSE 2011 
    he got it running, it was a shorted out 02 sensor wire or something. Had a good time except for my replacement PSE pump blowing again with only three trips on it. I guess ill be on the phone once again with PSE tomorrow.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

10. #35 Re: GSE 2011 
    Yeah I got it fixed. The rear O2 sensor wires were rubbing on the driveshaft, shorted out and popped the fuse for the ASD relay. I made it most of the rest of the way after that until I heard something rattling around inside the center cap of the front drivers side wheel. Stopped at the parking lot to the boy scout camp and pulled the wheel off to find the threads on the stub shaft had sheared off. Got a ride to the campground to get a new stub shaft, wheel bearing and u-joint and finally made it to camp at around 1 on Friday. Had a good day of wheeling Saturday with the only damage being blown front shocks and the battery tray is pretty much destroyed. On the way back I got death wobble about 100 miles from home and found both track bar bushings are completely shot. I was able to limp it home on back roads doing about 30 mph the rest of the way. Got to meet and wheel a bit with Joe and Matt, overall a pretty good trip despite having more problems getting to and from the trail than I did on the trail.

11. #36 Re: GSE 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by slim616 View Post
    he got it running, it was a shorted out 02 sensor wire or something. Had a good time except for my replacement PSE pump blowing again with only three trips on it. I guess ill be on the phone once again with PSE tomorrow.
    That sucks, Joe! You seem to have horrible problems with your steering pump. By the way, you might want to call PSC instead of PSE. Professional Stamp Experts may have no idea what you are asking them for

Quote Originally Posted by conedizzle View Post
    Got to meet and wheel a bit with Joe and Matt, overall a pretty good trip despite having more problems getting to and from the trail than I did on the trail.
    Did Matt finally wheel his ZJ again? Or did he bring another vehicle?
    Robot

12. #37 Re: GSE 2011 
    He was in a ZJ, he bought a second one to wheel until his other one is done.

a video of Joe breaking his front driveshaft

13. #38 Re: GSE 2011 
    the break down did suck but even with it the trip was awesome,things can get alittle sketchy wheelin with joe and matt

14. #39 Re: GSE 2011 
    Is Dizzle a Monticello thing? Or are you both brothers with a last name of Dizzle?
    Robot

15. #40 Re: GSE 2011 
    Quote Originally Posted by 94ZJ,dizzle View Post
    the break down did suck but even with it the trip was awesome,things can get alittle sketchy wheelin with joe and matt
    lol if you think were bad with the skinny pedal, you should check out cam and his crew at gsse

good point jared, i was wondering why the folks at PSE had no clue what i was talking about.

also i do believe their both brothers.

16. #41 Re: GSE 2011 
    yeah were brothers from monticello,my name is randy and his is jon and dizzle is just kinda a nickname,jon runs the black 98 grand cherokee on 33s and i have the silver 2000 on 20s rite now,will be back out there in september

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information