Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project Captain Planet - Page 2

Thread: Project Captain Planet

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Project Captain Planet 
    cool fishin pics. Sad but I haven't been out in over 5 years. We used to do shore casting in Massachusetts for free. My dad and I loved it. Now we have to buy fishing licenses to stand on shore or jedi to fish. so lame.....
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

Nice. I honestly never liked fish until I had fresh caught and grilled mahi mahi. What I wouldn't give to go out deep sea fishing again

Quote Originally Posted by 1ABrian View Post
    cool fishin pics. Sad but I haven't been out in over 5 years. We used to do shore casting in Massachusetts for free. My dad and I loved it. Now we have to buy fishing licenses to stand on shore or jedi to fish. so lame.....
    Agh isn't that just the way she goes? That's definitely lame man.

So funds are running low but time is plentiful...

My alternator was dying so I picked up one from lkq. It's a 136a out of a Durango. Swapped electrical connectors and works great.

But I did notice my power steering bracket cracked so I ordered one from the dealer and it's coming today.

So since right now is a great time to let the jeep sit for a couple days, I figure I should get around to the 242 swap. From what I've read I think I will have the wrong input so I'll prob do the 249 front/ 242 rear setup. But we will see once I yank out the 249. Btw 249 is a 94 and 242 is a 96.

I am glad I'm doing it now because I'd hate to let the 249 round off a brand new set of tires.

I might be doin some custom paint work here while I'm unemployed so that I can pocket a little money to stimulate the build.
    Last edited by LoganZJ; 07-19-2012 at 10:51 AM.

So I now have 2wd in the jeep. The swap was super easy. I did have to get my rear driveshaft shortened because i switched ouput styles, but no big deal. I was able to use the 242 case and my input from the 249. I have the old 242 input and the rest of the 249 if anyone needs anything. I think the input is the .750 variety. Is the measurement taken while it is in the case? Either way I know it's one of the shorter two lengths, but I can look more later if someone needs.

I need to order a new oil slinger tomorrow for the rear output, but they're stupid cheap so I quit trying to get the old one to seat.

Did some body work today. Honestly i just wanted another excuse to break out my neglected spray guns before I paint my dads bike. However, both of my fenders were rattle canned and rusting, and have been asking for attention for a long time.

Stripped them down, primed, based, and cleared, and now they shiny.

Instead of striping the fenders to match, I removed the ugly yellow pinstripes from the rest of the jeep. Super easy, and multiple ways to do it.

Forgot to take finished pictures but I'll get those in the morning or something.
    Attached Images  

6. #31 Re: Project Captain Planet 
    nice work. The paint looks real nice
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information