Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL - Page 6

Thread: Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. #126 Re: Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL 
    I was going to build a new inner fender well... but I doubt I will ever do anything else with this jeep. If I cant sell it I may do some thing in a few years, or put it back stockish...
    ORS
    Light weight, High Quality, Innovative off road products

2. #127 Re: Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL 
    HA a stock looking ZJ with a STOUT unibody!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    The password is newbgasm.
    www.crawlerready.com
    "For The Truly Addicted!"

3. #128 Re: Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL 
    sad end to this thread. When you gonna start the tube buggy?

4. #129 Re: Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL 
    Alright I figure I should update you guys... A lot has changed in my life since the Rock Solid build. I hit rock bottom, I became a drunk after my divorce, I moved in with a stripper that I met and started dating. then got a huge expensive lake house I couldn't afford, and lost baisicly everything... my ex-wife defaulted on my BMW and her AUDI that were in my name. Then the house and the court cost... it was bad. Then back in July my shop was robbed and I lost all of my tools and a lot of customer parts. To the tune of $41K... which my shop keepers did not cover. I was at square one with no money and no tools. So I took it as a good time to restructure and start fresh... It was the cold glass of water I needed thown in my face. With a loan from my parents I have started ORS and CNC Plasma Service. To which I will grow into well known staple in the off road indestry. So this is all just the tip of the iceburg...

I sold the ZJ a few months ago to a guy in CA. He is coming to get the Chassis this weekend and will be finishing it to his likings. There is a build thread on Pirate that he will be updating once he get started on it.

I kept the drive train... traded the axles and tires to my good friend Donnie for his TJ I built for him a few years back... Then added the Atlas to the mad rooster that was in it.

here is my new TJ I got for the axles and tires

I am building him a new TJ now with ZERO lift and 40's. Here is the build thread. I traided him a few jeeps for some of the labor too. So I am the new owner of PROJECT STAGE II XJ. build thread

I also have an MJ that I started on. This will be to showcase my new products for ORS (Off Road Specialties)... MY new company. It will be the test mule for my new Mid Arm suspenion, frame plate system, cage and more. The spare XJ I got from donnie in trade is the donor for the 4.0 HO that will replace the renix and there are a set of axles in the shop that will go in too. It will be set up with Air Shocks AND coils, will have air bumps along with my trick new mid arm suspension system that is very weight conscious. Also notice the front bumper... that is my new ORS modular stubby bumper that I brought to market last month. It allows the customer to cut out the front crossmember and mount a winch below the radiator. It has modular "wings" that bolt on to make it full width. And like all my new products it is very light... weighing only 37lbs with out the wings and 49lbs as shown. all of these products will eventualy be crossed over to the ZJ line up too.

ORS is taking me in a new direction. I will no longer be a build shop but instead my time will be spent doing R&D, bringing cool new innovative products to the offroad market. My main focus is on the unibody and jeep line-up. SO you ZJ guys will get some love soon... Watch for the rock solid frame plate kit to be available some time the first of next year. I am also focused on weight! all of my products will be built with weight in mind. Using designs that rely on structure over material. There wont be any 3/8 tabs or 1/4" in places 1/8" could go. Back to that spare XJ for a moment... I plan to use it for my prototype my cage kit... and it will also serve as the test mule... once done I will be rolling it off a cliff to test my design. No more of these flimy cages like what is available now. This same design will be used in my new ZJ kits too. It's an all noid cage design that uses no bends, and uses less tube equaling less weight. And since there are no bends it is more compact and stronger. So once all this comes available I will become a vendor here.

There are about 40 products I have lined up to design and build. Some are top secret and have never been done before. Others are available now but I am making a better version. And even some have only been available as one off custom stuff that will now be made as a "Kit". Another thing that has me pumped is my new CNC plasma table... I just ordered a Bulltear 5x10 table for my shop and am starting yet another company with it... CNC plasma service. So I will not only use this company to cut all of ORS products in house but also do out sorce work for other companies and individuals. Things have been going great for the past 3 months and I see things only getting better. I have a great business consultant (my step dad) who is keeping a close eye on my decisions and guiding me where I need guidance. He was a big wig with IBM. He handled many huge projects such as the Texaco Shell merger where he was the project manager for their network interface. My Mom was an accountant for many years and was also an investor for sunshine metals one of the biggest mining companies in TX. back in the 80's. She is very money savvy and will be doing all the books. Us as a team will be able to grow ORS and CNC Plasma Service into well known, well managed companies with high quality products and backed by stability.

-Chris
    ORS
    Light weight, High Quality, Innovative off road products

5. #130 Re: Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL 
    Shit Chris, sounds like one hell of a ride. Glad you came out on top though and I'll definitely be looking forward to some kick ass products from you!
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    The password is newbgasm.
    www.crawlerready.com
    "For The Truly Addicted!"

6. #131 Re: Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL 
    Glad to hear you're back and running, I had been keeping an eye on your ZJ build which I was super pumped about. So, I look forward to see what you come up with.

7. #132 Re: Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    Glad you landed on your feet man. Best of luck with the new shop!!
    93 ZJ long arms, 35's, F/R Long arms, 4.56 gears, and a bunch more
    98 5.9 slate gray 4" lift with stuff (sold)
    96 ZJ Lift, Long arms, 35's and a bunch of other shit! (RIP)
    [ IRONMAN 4X4 FAB ] [ RACELINE WHEELS]

8. #133 Re: Project: ROCK SOLID REVIVAL 
    You do some awsome work. Do you have a website of all your products yet? I would love to check it out.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
Thread Information