Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

GSR '10 Role Call - Page 2

Thread: GSR '10 Role Call

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: GSR '10 Role Call 
    As of right now my idea for myself is to come in from the tahoe side friday afternoon, and just wheel in until i find you guys! No idea how far in you'll be...maybe we'll be able to meet at buck or somethin
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

2. #27 Re: GSR '10 Role Call 
    We are meeting at the Loon Lake overspill at 0700 Friday morning.
    See everyone there!
    95 ZJ 5.2L/ Atlas II/ 8.5" Custom R.E.L.A. Kit with 35" MTR's on MT true beadlocks/ Ft Tera 50 with 31-spline alloy shafts/ Rear Tera 60 with 35-spline alloy shafts/ ARB's/ 4.56 gears/ winch/ FT & Rear bumpers/ custom rock sliders/ etc. etc.

3. #28 Re: GSR '10 Role Call 
    Quote Originally Posted by AgitatedPancake View Post
    So I made myself another spare driveshaft yesterday out of all those parts, and tore the front drivers side hub apart. The inner wheel bearing is rusted onto the spindle, the upper ball joint is shot and the tack welds on my u-joint caps are cracked again.

Sooooooo....

I persuaded my friend to let me...hold onto his cherokee (the army green/black one) for a week so I can steal his drivers side knuckle and axleshaft for the trip hehehe
    Agitated,
    Are you swapping out your Ball joints anytime soon on you D44 or are you just going to wait it out until you build your 609? I was looking on pirate at these XRF BALL JOINTS as it seems like the ones from ballistic MIGHT be available sometime next year and I'm not going to wait around for those and these XRF joints seem like they are an upgrade to standard spicer stuff ... I just built my front axle back in Jan/Feb and there is already slop in these 9-month old ball joints I might try these out as they're relatively inexpensive...

Fred R.
    97 ZJ, 5" Long Arm Lift, Currie Anti-Rock, Beadlocked 35's, 231/D300 Doubler, Locked Front & Rear (Narrowed HP D44 w/ chromo shafts and Yukon Superjoints & F8.8), ARB Bull Bar & 9K winch, 1-Ton Hydro-assist steering, "Custom" body work and some other goodies...

4. #29 Re: GSR '10 Role Call 
    I'm going to hold off until the 609 goes in. I got a few years out of these napa balljoints, and the sloppy one was on the side that broke the u-joint, and wheel studs. I'm wondering if some things were playing together into a chain reaction there.

GOOD TO GO! *Cough*
    The Blue Submarine

RIDE!”

5. #30 Re: GSR '10 Role Call 
    Quote Originally Posted by fredr1980 View Post
    Agitated,
    Are you swapping out your Ball joints anytime soon on you D44 or are you just going to wait it out until you build your 609? I was looking on pirate at these XRF BALL JOINTS as it seems like the ones from ballistic MIGHT be available sometime next year and I'm not going to wait around for those and these XRF joints seem like they are an upgrade to standard spicer stuff ... I just built my front axle back in Jan/Feb and there is already slop in these 9-month old ball joints I might try these out as they're relatively inexpensive...

Fred R.
    Fred,

I had the same issue, and had to replace 1 pretty quick. The 1 thing, I've learned on stuff like that though is to use the best one's from Autozone, to get the lifetime warranty. Obviously, there is still the PIA factor when one goes out, but they've never questioned me for turning in a part for a warranty replacement. I'd definitely be interested in a better/stronger part if they were out there at a decent price though.

I think this goes right along with my Optima battery. Seems like mine goes bad every 2 years, and I take it in with my receipt and they hand me a new one. It's probably the memory deal I've read about, but one of the guys once told me that the Red Top Optima's don't play nice with high amp alternators, so who knows. I guess I'll worry about that when they stop replacing them...

See everyone bright and early.
    '97 ZJ Limited, Atlas II, 35" KM2's, 4.5" RE Springs + ACOS Spacers w/ Clayton's Longarms, Ford 8.8 w/ Triangulated Bilstein 5150's, Waggy D44, Lockers Front and Rear, and Lots of other customs stuff....

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15667

6. #31 Re: GSR '10 Role Call 
    Lol poor Cherokee...

Sacrificing itself for MY jeep muahaha

It's back on all 4's and drives pretty nice but I heard a wierd brake screech coming from the rear end. I went and checked it out...missing one of the 18mm caliper bolts on my rear pass rotor. AGH gotta pick one up tomorrow.
    The Blue Submarine

RIDE!”

7. #32 Re: GSR '10 Role Call 
    In truckee now, omw
    The Blue Submarine

RIDE!”

8. #33 Re: GSR '10 Role Call 
    Ahhh! While I wasn't able to run the entire trail with you guys, I must say THANK YOU! It was an awesome time with great company, and our timing coming from both directions was awesome. Great times hangin around the campfire just chattin and talkin about the grands!

The only pic I have to contribute, and a good one to start! Can't wait to see the pics and vids from comin up cadillac hill today!

A pic of camp this morning around 7:20 before everyone got up, GOOD MORNING!
    The Blue Submarine

RIDE!”

9. #34 Re: GSR '10 Role Call 
    It was defintly nice meeting you all ... me and the GF had a blast !!!! Can't wait to work on the new list of upgrades for next year

Pics are processing right now
    RIP 2004 WJ - 3.5' lift , JKS Disconnect and 33's
    NO! Shinobi's Jeep up side down on the news

2001 WJ - 6" Clayton , 35's BFG AT KOs , and buch of stuff
    Insurance Settlement Build

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information