Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Any Expedition Builds

Thread: Any Expedition Builds

1. #1 Any Expedition Builds 
    Trying to glean some ideas for my 1994 GC ZJ. Just would like to see what people are doing for storage solutions, roof racks, bumpers and winches, etc.

i built my first jeep into an expo vehicle and would like to get some ideas for this ZJ.

POST SOME Pictures! thanks
    on Jeep number 3, RIP 1 &2, you served your master well.

Redneck word of the day : "OBAMA" . . . . I BOUGHT ME A CASE OF BEER AND DRANK IT OBAMA SELF

2. #2 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    This is my rear bumper with tire carrier, high lift mount and rear winch. I was thinking that if I changed the mounting of the high lift I could carry a gas can or water can as well.

Downside from a expedition point of view is no 2" reciever for towing. Couldn't figure out how to work a hitch and the winch and since its pretty much off road only now and usually gets trailered I decided it could do without a hitch.

1998 5.9er, 6" Claytons Long arm, D30(elocker), Rubi D44 rear, TJ Addco rear sway bar, WJ knuckles/brakes, 4.10s, 33s, 9.5ti

'93 ZJ LTD, 5.2L, Claytons Longarm, 8" lift D44 front(w/elocker), D60 rear(welded), 37" IROKS, 5.38s, 9.5ti<scrapped>

3. #3 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    BTW thats 36X13.5 IROK. Most expedition types run 31-33s so you would have a LOT more rear visibility. That configuration could take a 38" tire.
    1998 5.9er, 6" Claytons Long arm, D30(elocker), Rubi D44 rear, TJ Addco rear sway bar, WJ knuckles/brakes, 4.10s, 33s, 9.5ti

'93 ZJ LTD, 5.2L, Claytons Longarm, 8" lift D44 front(w/elocker), D60 rear(welded), 37" IROKS, 5.38s, 9.5ti<scrapped>

4. #4 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    i'm still undecided on the tire carrier thing. i had one on my last vehicle. it worked good, but, anytime i wanted to open the back i had to swing the tire, jerry cans, shovel, and highlift to the side.

i've been considering the roof rack idea, but have not done anything yet.
    on Jeep number 3, RIP 1 &2, you served your master well.

Redneck word of the day : "OBAMA" . . . . I BOUGHT ME A CASE OF BEER AND DRANK IT OBAMA SELF

5. #5 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    you might find some things to do, and to avoid from my thread even though it's a WJ: http://www.offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5

the tire shelf and slide out table have been really useful on trips:

and the lift-gate light:

moving the batteries into the spare tire well and putting a good size compressor in the engine bay and a 5 gallon air tank in the spare tire well has been nice to have as well.

and a nice solid roof rack is good to have for expeditions (kevins makes a nice ZJ one):

oh and the hot water shower system has only been tested a couple times, but it was nice to have on a long trip too.

6. #6 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    Here's what im preparing for some back country adventures(I hope)
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/sho...b-with-a-93-ZJ

7. #7 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    What roof rack is that?
    98 5.2 Grand Cherokee Limited with towing package and 3.73's.
    Soon to come: 245/70/16 Falken Wildpeaks

8. #8 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    WOW @ Theksmith! Thats a Great lookin wj! Could you pm me some specs on that? Thanks don't want to thread jack!

9. #9 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    Quote Originally Posted by The JRod View Post
    WOW @ Theksmith! Thats a Great lookin wj! Could you pm me some specs on that? Thanks don't want to thread jack!
    thanks - full build thread: http://offroadpassport.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5

10. #10 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    Quote Originally Posted by stoneydude66 View Post
    What roof rack is that?
    I didn't notice your post. It's a Defender? Or something. It's for a suburban. But I got it real cheap. I just got done taking 5" out of the center.

11. #11 Re: Any Expedition Builds 
    Looks good. How long did it take you to get through this?

Thread Information