Thread: 2010 Grand Slam Southwest Official Announcement!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: 2010 Grand Slam Southwest Official Announcement! 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nakidgun View Post

Is there any shade there to camp by? I've been out there a few times but never really checked out the area for camping spots.

Also, I had my shop broken into last month and all my tools were stolen along with a bunch of other stuff. They got my portable air compressor I used to air up tires, etc. I don't even have a &$@! hammer anymore. If I break anything I'll be needing some help. I'll try to pick up a few up before then.
    There are some trees but not much shade.

Sorry to hear. Bring what you can and I am sure we can help if need be. I would only hope that someone would do the same for me.

Chad

2. #27 Re: 2010 Grand Slam Southwest Official Announcement! 
    not sure if anyone will be using price road at all on this trip, but this was posted recently on the VJC, thought i'd share:

We were heading down Price Road to access Elvis today. I was waved down by a friendly Pinal County Sheriff. Apparently, Price Road is private land with an easement given to the county. The private land owners are unhappy with the amount of dust from the traffic. So they are considering closing the road. This would make access to Elvis, Box Canyon, and other trails a lot harder. The sheriff wanted me to ask all our fellow wheelers to slow down on that road to reduce the dust generated. If we can appease the private land owners, the road will remain open. The speed limit is 25 MPH and somewhere between 20 and 25 was a good pace for low dust.

Lets get this out to as many people as possible, pass it on to any other sites you visit, and start telling any wheelers, quads, or riders you see.

It occurred to us that signs indicating that you are crossing private land and to keep down the dust would be very helpful. I did not think to ask the Sheriff about this. Perhaps the AZOHVC can offer some help in this matter.

In the meantime, we all need to slow down. An extra 5 minutes on your trip is worth keeping our access rights. If you post up a run that will use Price, please add a reminder about this to your message.

i don't want to hijack the thread with a debate on wheeler versus land owner rights please - just slow down a bit if you agree with what's being asked.

3. #28 Re: 2010 Grand Slam Southwest Official Announcement! 
    Quote Originally Posted by theksmith View Post
    not sure if anyone will be using price road at all on this trip, but this was posted recently on the VJC, thought i'd share:

i don't want to hijack the thread with a debate on wheeler versus land owner rights please - just slow down a bit if you agree with what's being asked.
    We are not using Price Road. We are using Cottonwood Road. Price Road is popular with the smaller rig drivers because the easier trails can be accessed from that road. All the trails in that area can currently be accessed from Cottonwood. I stay away from Price Road because it is difficult to get my trailer back there.

4. #29 Re: 2010 Grand Slam Southwest Official Announcement! 
    Quote Originally Posted by chadjans View Post
    We are not using Price Road. We are using Cottonwood Road. Price Road is popular with the smaller rig drivers because the easier trails can be accessed from that road. All the trails in that area can currently be accessed from Cottonwood. I stay away from Price Road because it is difficult to get my trailer back there.
    smaller rigs and easier trails........................... I'm only on 29" tires with NO lift.
    94 ZJ I6 3.5" on 33's All the protection needed from the Dr. himself!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/
    http://photobucket.com/hoffy

5. #30 Re: 2010 Grand Slam Southwest Official Announcement! 
    I'll be there Saturday and Sunday. Probably get a hotel Saturday night unless I get real ambitious this afternoon and pack up all the camping gear. See you in the morning.
    1998 5.9, 7" RockKrawler, HP30, Warn lockouts, E-locker, 231 TC, winch, bumpers, sliders, etc, + 1 bone stock 5.9 daily driver

6. #31 Re: 2010 Grand Slam Southwest Official Announcement! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Sorry I couldn't make it this year, but I still haven't got my rear r&p replaced from GSW. Have a great time!

gary

I finally got home. Near Coolidge the Jeep lost over drive and got "hot" from RPM's being so high. I had to drive like 50 miles at like 40 MPH. All roads, except 10 miles on I-10

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    94 ZJ I6 3.5" on 33's All the protection needed from the Dr. himself!!!!!!!!!!
    http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/
    http://photobucket.com/hoffy

8. #33 Re: 2010 Grand Slam Southwest Official Announcement! 
    Quote Originally Posted by hoffyinaz View Post
    I finally got home. Near Coolidge the Jeep lost over drive and got "hot" from RPM's being so high. I had to drive like 50 miles at like 40 MPH. All roads, except 10 miles on I-10
    Isn't 40 as fast as you should go with that trailer you were pulling? lol.

Glad to hear you got home though.

Chad

9. #34 Re: 2010 Grand Slam Southwest Official Announcement! 
    Quote Originally Posted by recon zj View Post
    Sorry I couldn't make it this year, but I still haven't got my rear r&p replaced from GSW. Have a great time!

gary
    Now you tell us.

Sorry we missed you this year Gary. We were looking for you and Sandy to pull into camp. Maybe next year.

Chad

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information