Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
some recognition I keep forgetting to give

Thread: some recognition I keep forgetting to give

1. #1 some recognition I keep forgetting to give 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    In the drivers' meetings and in the individual trail groups it had been mentioned several times how we need to be cordial to other users of the trails out in Moab. The group I had on Cliffhanger Saturday went above and beyond this. We had stopped for lunch and ran into a group of 7 or 8 cyclists at the cliff who were not doing so hot. They were completely out of water and still had to ride back out, not a good situation. Before I even really knew what was going on you guys were handing them gatorades, refilling their water bottles, letting them sit in your chairs in the shade, offering them food, it was awesome. The kids were getting in on it too.

So awesome job guys, thanks for pretty much saving those bikers lives, and welcoming them in to our group for a few minutes with compassion and a smile on your face. That group will never think that all wheelers are jackasses.

2. #2 Re: some recognition I keep forgetting to give 
    Awesome. THANKS BIG TIME GUYS!

I've heard a similar story before, and things like that are just great to hear. You change the minds of people who usually don't agree with what your doing. The story I heard was a hiker near the rubicon who ended up getting hurt. Not catastrophically, but ruined his hiking day and he was pretty much SOL. This guy (the one telling the story to me) was pretty greenie, but he said a jeep noticed him near the trail, stopped for him and offered up a ride all the way out to uncle tom's cabin - changed that guy's view of wheelers forever.
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

3. #3 Re: some recognition I keep forgetting to give 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Our biker friends - We all but forced them to find everything they had on them that could hold water, and filled it up, plus as much as they could get in their stomachs.

Bridget had some cut up watermelon that was welcomed by at least a couple of the riders.
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

4. #4 Re: some recognition I keep forgetting to give 
    Nice job guys, your actions and attitudes not only changed the way those people view wheelers, but showed them that it never hurts to over do it on nesesities if only because you may happen across somebody in a bad situation.
    I don't have a lot experience with vampires, but I have hunted warewolves. I shot one once. But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

-Dwight Schrute

5. #5 Re: some recognition I keep forgetting to give 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner K2's Avatar
    They called us an Oasis. We met them on their way in and let them pass us on one of the first obstacles. One of them told me, when they were coming up the hill, that they had wished they ran into us now instead of on their way in. They were glad they did. Jim, John, Ryan, Brian and co-drivers, were the trail hosts.
    02 WJ, Lift, dents, noise and smoke.

6. #6 Re: some recognition I keep forgetting to give 
    Asshole Extraordinaire Lifetime Supporter
    MallCrawlin Supporter
    It was by far one of T/J's favorite times out there...he really felt like he had done something special by running around filling all of their water bottles...I was very proud of him..
    "I will offend a bunch of you. I do not know what your moral boundaries are, so I'm probably going to cross them at some point. I sometimes even go beyond my own moral boundaries -- that's how I know I still have them."

Tosh.0 (Loosely translated by Fuego)(slightly modified to fit my needs!)

7. #7 Re: some recognition I keep forgetting to give 
    Caucasian Sensation Staff ELLLLLIOTTTTT's Avatar
    Reminds me of the time Cam and I picked up a few goobers on 4-wheelers at Tellico. Going prepared makes the trip so much more enjoyable but can sometimes even safe the life of others you run across. Good job guys!
    Ban Cowboy63b Fan Club Member #1

Thread Information