Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ - Page 4

Thread: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. #76 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    ZOMG it's going to XPLODE!!
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

2. #77 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptech01 View Post
    That is a ground Chad. That is why it is black.

Not always. I can find a few black wires in a stock wire harness that aren't grounds. Quit making assumptions. lol.

I guess I deserved that.

3. #78 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    LOL

Couldnt resist. I really did try.. really.
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

4. #79 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowncb View Post
    Here's what I did:

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//sh...&postcount=221

HIDs on the relatively cheap and they are freaking bright as hell. Bulbs and ballasts from ddmtuning.com and housings from http://www.adv4x4.com/hera40coblla.html

and they draw less power than my headlights.
    I like that idea! What did you do for wiring the lights to a switch and stuff? Thats my only concern about the whole shindig. I like the looks of those lights too, and the HID part is baller as well.

On a side note, I dropped the jeep off at the guys house to make the bumper. He is a little bit challenged by how the bumper mounts, but hes just going to take the tow hooks off and then make a mounting bracket from there. 450 out the door, good deal to me. And he said he will hopefully be done by friday afternoon before he leaves for a camping trip.
    ZJ to WJ to JK back to WJ 4 Lyfe

5. #80 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
    I like that idea! What did you do for wiring the lights to a switch and stuff? Thats my only concern about the whole shindig. I like the looks of those lights too, and the HID part is baller as well.
    You want to know how I turn on my lights? Well I will show you

You twist the red wire to the orange and green wires to turn on the lockers,
    to the blue wire to disconnect the front sway bar,
    and to the white wire to turn on the fog lights (through a relay of course )

How's that for a fire hazard Chady Chaderton?

The last couple of days before GSW I was throwing the finishing touches on the Jeep just to get it there! And I've been really busy since I got back and haven't had much time to work on the Jeep. Ultimately they will all be controlled wirelessly by my iPhone. I already built a working prototype.

In your case I would just use a relay and small SPST switch mounted where ever the hell you want it.
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

6. #81 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Hahahahah, nice light 'switch' set up

I got an update on the bumper. It will be ready for pickup tomorrow around noon. He just has to put the hoop on, drill holes for the fairlead, and then d-ring mounts. Its a bit big for my taste, but its growing on me. Cant wait for it to be painted and get a winch in there. A guy off Jf found me a deal on winches, a smittybilt 8k winch with fairlead, and the synthetic line w/ free shipping for 450. 900 for a bumper and winch aint bad..

7. #82 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Cool. For the price you cand beat it. But yea it is a tad bulky. You can always slim it down a bit later.
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

8. #83 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Senior Member it usually runs fine's Avatar
    Yea it's big but it looks well crafted. That a smokin deal on that winch. Can anyone get that price or just you. I was guna have to go with the warn m8000 because it was only 548.00 with free shipping also brand new, but I want synthetic rope.
    Some girls don't like guys like me, but some girls do.

9. #84 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 

10. #85 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    ^ That doesn't have the synthetic rope though. That's the standard 5/16" cable

Here is the one with synthetic rope and the hawse fairlead
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-W..._pn=S%2FB98281
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    The password is newbgasm.
    www.crawlerready.com
    "For The Truly Addicted!"

11. #86 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady View Post
    ^ That doesn't have the synthetic rope though. That's the standard 5/16" cable

Here is the one with synthetic rope and the hawse fairlead
    http://www.4wheelparts.com/Winches-W..._pn=S%2FB98281
    Yea thats a good deal IMO. The steel cable doesn't last long where I live. It's always 100% humidity.

12. #87 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Yeah it is. I have the XRC-8 winch on my ZJ and the only downside to it is the speed. I however was given it to try by one of my account reps so I would sell more of them so I can't complain

I also added a synthetic rope to mine.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    The password is newbgasm.
    www.crawlerready.com
    "For The Truly Addicted!"

13. #88 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
    Hahahahah, nice light 'switch' set up

I got an update on the bumper. It will be ready for pickup tomorrow around noon. He just has to put the hoop on, drill holes for the fairlead, and then d-ring mounts. Its a bit big for my taste, but its growing on me. Cant wait for it to be painted and get a winch in there. A guy off Jf found me a deal on winches, a smittybilt 8k winch with fairlead, and the synthetic line w/ free shipping for 450. 900 for a bumper and winch aint bad..

The bumper looks good. However considering you are running long arms, I suspect your front tires will rub in a deep flex when makeing a turn left or right. Basically your axle moves forward when flexed and the tire will rub on the edge of the bumper. You may need to trim the bumper along the wheel well openings. I suggest you use a jack or flex it out somewhere to see what I am talking about.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

14. #89 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn WJ View Post
    The bumper looks good. However considering you are running long arms, I suspect your front tires will rub in a deep flex when makeing a turn left or right. Basically your axle moves forward when flexed and the tire will rub on the edge of the bumper. You may need to trim the bumper along the wheel well openings. I suggest you use a jack or flex it out somewhere to see what I am talking about.
    I thought that when you had long arms the axle neither moves forward nor backwards in suspension travel, only straight up and down?

15. #90 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Nope moves more than with short arms. Longer arms more flex and more travel.
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

16. #91 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptech01 View Post
    Cool. For the price you cand beat it. But yea it is a tad bulky. You can always slim it down a bit later.
    Yeah.. just got to get used to it I guess. Ill be adding flares eventually when the time comes, so its bulkyness will go down lol. And for 450 out the door is a damn good deal.

Quote Originally Posted by it usually runs fine View Post
    Yea it's big but it looks well crafted. That a smokin deal on that winch. Can anyone get that price or just you. I was guna have to go with the warn m8000 because it was only 548.00 with free shipping also brand new, but I want synthetic rope.
    Well crafted indeed. For a day and a half he did an awesome job! Couldnt ask for more. The price for the winch is 450 online, if you havent noticed already.

Quote Originally Posted by Mtn WJ View Post
    I will get a chance later today to jack it up or something. It looks like its the same trim line as my plastic bumper and I had a good amount of room in the front before, so well see. I will have to trim for 35's and flares everntually anyways so I can do it then. 33's have no problems on the road so thats good.

Heres some pictures! Got some D-rings for it too, I like the red in them, though i might paint the red part silver if I ever get really really, really bored lol

He made it about 1 1/2 - 2" wide for adding flares at some point. Im leaning towards the iceland ones, but my fancy isnt really tickled by them at this point. I might change my mind who know. Bushwacker better start coming out with SOMETHING soon

Saggin a tid bit

He used the old tow hook mounts, and then added 3 bolts to the bumper so if I needed to take it off for any reason I would just take the 6 bolts off the bumper and still have the brackets on there so I dont need to deal with that

Nice protection! The rad can still get banged up but no one can see it atleast lol

17. #92 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    looks good! kinda wide, but it'll probably look good with flares. You may consider chopping up the angled section of the bumper to get some airflow to the radiator. Between having a winch and the lower half of the radiator blocked, you may see a rise in temps.

Isn't that Jeep a little dusty for your standards?

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33
    Its a jeep, it doesn't have to make sense.

18. #93 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Well I added some 2" spacers up front to level it out, so technically im around 6.5" of lift up front, and 5.5" in back. The measurements fromt the middle of my spacers is 19.5" front and rear, so its perfectly level now

Also we are towing our 55 chevy to a friends house to get the engine put in. I had to pull it up with the bumper, kinda sweet feeling pulling it up.

19. #94 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    bandwidth exceeded dude.

20. #95 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Got my lights mounted up. They are procomp 9" motorsports. Only 55w bulbs but ill be buying 100w bulbs here soon. Also put in 2" spacers up front, no more sagging and now i measured from the bottom of the sliders in the front and then the back and they were 19.5" even. Now I just need to wait for my new wheel hubs to get here, hopefully tomorrow they will be home when i get off work at 3.. Then I can FINALLY take it wheeling with the new goodies on it. Namely the bumper

Last edited by MoonyJohn; 09-06-2010 at 07:57 PM.

21. #96 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Looks a million times better with the spacers up front. Those bumper lights are HUGE, nice clean job wiring them up though.

22. #97 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    She kinda looks like the front of a tug boat. After you take it hard wheeling a few times you will want to trim the fat off.
    Will

99 4.0 DubJ 35"MTRs/ Custom IRO LA's/ Currie 9" housing/ Yukon 4.88 Gears 35 spline Grizzly Rear Lockers and ARB Front.

The Hookup Build http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12701

23. #98 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Lights Look good dude!

24. #99 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Thanks guys, and gal lol. And yeah, im not a fan of the size.. it will definitely get in the way thats for sure but i dont want to go through the hassle of trimming it up, atleast yet. Well see how it does wheeling, i know a few rock trails where it can get in the way lol

25. #100 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Got some night pictures of everything.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Thread Information