Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ - Page 3

Thread: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by WJJEEPIN View Post
    Are you re gearing for the 33's? If not then our mileage will probably be the same if not worse. I get an average of 13 but I do 99% street. On the Highway i get around 18 if I'm nice. You might want to hold of on the bumpstops as you will be doing it twice since you will probably change placement. Did you have IRO make you a custom length on the front arm to accept 35's?
    Well, Ill regear to 4.56 probably so that I can run 35's and get the stock power back.. I get about 15 city, and then about 16-17 towing a trailer. But without the trailer I can get about 18, like you said. My front LA's are fixed, but I think that I will trim the front and rear fenders when its time to accommodate the larger tire size. I trimmed on my last jeep and loved how it turned out. I think I would roll the fenders this time though..

BTW, I had my dad weld up the D44a BTF cover for me while I was away.. I got the DIY kit so it was about 50 bucks cheaper than the already welded up kit. Might as well save a few bucks for something else that I would need..

What size bumpstops are people running at 6" lift w/ 35's? I might just order them ready for 35's, instead of getting ones that fit the 33's stuffed
    ZJ to WJ to JK back to WJ 4 Lyfe

2. #52 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
    Well, Ill regear to 4.56 probably so that I can run 35's and get the stock power back.. I get about 15 city, and then about 16-17 towing a trailer. But without the trailer I can get about 18, like you said. My front LA's are fixed, but I think that I will trim the front and rear fenders when its time to accommodate the larger tire size. I trimmed on my last jeep and loved how it turned out. I think I would roll the fenders this time though..

BTW, I had my dad weld up the D44a BTF cover for me while I was away.. I got the DIY kit so it was about 50 bucks cheaper than the already welded up kit. Might as well save a few bucks for something else that I would need..

What size bumpstops are people running at 6" lift w/ 35's? I might just order them ready for 35's, instead of getting ones that fit the 33's stuffed
    It will depend on your shock length and your axle placement how long you want your Bump Stops. You will want the axle fwd with the 35's on there, maybe when you get to that point you have the frame side bushing lopped off and replace it with an adjustable end. I had them add 1" or so to the links and I still slightly rub on the back of the well when turning and that is with my hack job of a trim.

Are you regearing before the 33's or before 35's? The 456 should do perfect with the 35's and your v8.
    Will

99 4.0 DubJ 35"MTRs/ Custom IRO LA's/ Currie 9" housing/ Yukon 4.88 Gears 35 spline Grizzly Rear Lockers and ARB Front.

The Hookup Build http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=12701

3. #53 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by jborushko View Post
    a black diamond trail is supposed to be "more advanced" harder trail for heavy duty or purpose built trail rigs- at least in ohv

this would be an example of a black diamond trail http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHg5SJYRHA0

Actually that is some douche singing with his douche butt buddies?? Have you encountered a hotlinking fail?? LOL
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

4. #54 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptech01 View Post
    Actually that is some douche singing with his douche butt buddies?? Have you encountered a hotlinking fail?? LOL
    Nope, you just encountered a RickRoll fail .

BTW I KNEW someone saw my link, just no one wanted to admit it
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

5. #55 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    HA HA HA I HAD TO DO IT!!! IT WAS SO EASY!!!!!!!!!
    96 ZJ swapped in 5.2, 242, 14bolt rear, big ugly home brew bumper, 7.5" of lift in the front 9" in the rear, long arms, hummer wheels with 37s... (dont worry front axle is next)

It should be heavy. Weight is a sign of reliability. If it doesn't work, you can always hit him with it.

-e-boner

6. #56 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by WJJEEPIN View Post
    It will depend on your shock length and your axle placement how long you want your Bump Stops. You will want the axle fwd with the 35's on there, maybe when you get to that point you have the frame side bushing lopped off and replace it with an adjustable end. I had them add 1" or so to the links and I still slightly rub on the back of the well when turning and that is with my hack job of a trim.

Are you regearing before the 33's or before 35's? The 456 should do perfect with the 35's and your v8.
    Im going to regear before 35's, I got my BTF cover on today so I had a chance to check out what was in the diff, and there was a lot of metal shavings on the magnet, so the next purchase will be gears.

Here are some pics of the cover.. pure beef is all I gotta say. I will probably get the truss too for the 44a at some point along the lines, since Im going to be diving into the axles.

BTW i got the DIY kit so I had my dad weld it up for me.. he did an awesome job! Said it took him about 2 hours to do it.

7. #57 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    digging the BTF cover. any protection planned for front? i was giving a warrior products (read: POS) dana 30 guard and after install would hit my tie rod...wtf. the warn guard looks like it sits closer to the housing but a replacement cover would probably be best
    2000 WJ. some lift and mods. deathwobble.
    CSM How High Off Road Club

8. #58 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerwj View Post
    digging the BTF cover. any protection planned for front? i was giving a warrior products (read: POS) dana 30 guard and after install would hit my tie rod...wtf. the warn guard looks like it sits closer to the housing but a replacement cover would probably be best
    I got the solid diff cover on the front

Getting my new tie rod ends in today, so I will put those in once they show up. Then I can finally get an alignment, those guys over at les schwab are butt holes..

9. #59 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Small update.. I got my dad to weld up the side tubing on the sliders. I have to say I love how it turned out! Looks professional almost. I used duplicolor truck bed undercoating, put down 2 layers of primer and then 4-5 layers of the undercoating. It withstood the powers of the car wash and no chipping or anything.. Not saying it will withstand rock marks, but atleast its not chipping like the crappy rustoleum "bedliner" spray.

After primer

1 coat of undercoating

Done!

10. #60 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    those look really good! you'll def be happy that you did. its a step, better jack point, and pushes your body away from rocks better. undercoating looks nice. i gave up with trying to keep them looking nice cause they get so f'ed up from rocks so i just repaint them once or twice a year with a couple coats of rustoleum and they look good till my next wheeling trip
    2000 WJ. some lift and mods. deathwobble.
    CSM How High Off Road Club

11. #61 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Rangerwj View Post
    those look really good! you'll def be happy that you did. its a step, better jack point, and pushes your body away from rocks better. undercoating looks nice. i gave up with trying to keep them looking nice cause they get so f'ed up from rocks so i just repaint them once or twice a year with a couple coats of rustoleum and they look good till my next wheeling trip
    Thanks man.. after all the work put into them it definitely will be worth saving my jeeps body. I had rustoleum paint on the sliders before and the paint was chipping all the time. I switched to the duplicolor and it seems to be a ton better than the rustoleum stuff. Although, after wheeling and things it will need touch up here and there.

12. #62 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Bought a used set of 4.56 gears for the dana 30 today. Need to get a rebuild kit and gears for the back and if I can find a locker then maybe..

13. #63 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Hi, Just wondering how it drives with no rear swaybar? and have you extended your front bumpstops?
    Thanks Mark

14. #64 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Drives perfectly normal with no rear.. with no front its a different story.

No extended front bumpstops, just have 3" of up travel in the front so I dont need them.. Flexes damn good too..

Heres pictures of the last outing I had. First time with no sway bar in the front since I switched the front shock and the rear shock around. I had one front in the back and one back in the front so it just fucked up my flex.. or lack of. Not many pics of my jeep, but they should come soon hopefully.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f157/...-10-a-1089358/

Heres some full flex shots..

15. #65 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Looks good, just watch that you don't bottom out your front shocks on compression with no bumpstops, I have similar kit from Ionrock (5'5inch premium kit) and had to extend mine cause my shocks would bottom out.

16. #66 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Senior Member it usually runs fine's Avatar
    In that last pic is your spring unseated at the bottom. I didn't think it would droop that far without unseating at all.
    Some girls don't like guys like me, but some girls do.

17. #67 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by surfseller06 View Post
    Looks good, just watch that you don't bottom out your front shocks on compression with no bumpstops, I have similar kit from Ionrock (5'5inch premium kit) and had to extend mine cause my shocks would bottom out.
    Yeah the shocks are bottom out.. but I should get some bumpstops. I hit the shocks when I go over some hard bumps. Not pleasant but I take it easy when I see the bumps that will make it do that.

Quote Originally Posted by it usually runs fine View Post
    In that last pic is your spring unseated at the bottom. I didn't think it would droop that far without unseating at all.
    Yeah, it unseats at the top now.. but for some reason it was unseating at the bottom just that one time. I need to put my lower retainers in, along with my moog TRE's and get that frickin alignment.

18. #68 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Took my bumper off to get it ready for my new bumper on wednesday. The guy is making it like the protofab bumper, with d rings, a winch mount, and a mild stinger hoop like the KMA one all for 450 painted and installed. Cannot wait another 2 days.. wednesday is going to be a long day at work.. hopefully no overtime lol

And just for fun, skies were lookin good so i took the jeep out

19. #69 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Looks really good!
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

20. #70 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Thats a scwheet looking jeep man, I am impressed.

21. #71 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowncb View Post
    Looks really good!
    Thanks man!

Quote Originally Posted by it usually runs fine View Post
    Thats a scwheet looking jeep man, I am impressed.
    Thanks dude, im way too excited about the bumper.. after that its time for some mild lights, and a winch. I was looking at warn's wireless lights, but I dont like the idea of a wireless switch because I might lose it. Anyone have suggestions for lights? I was thinking maybe some IPF's, or lightforce maybe? Shoot me some ideas.

Also, I need some ideas for a rear bumper and tire carrier, because eventually Ill go to the same guy to have him make me one. That will be next most likely.

22. #72 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Here's what I did:

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//sh...&postcount=221

HIDs on the relatively cheap and they are freaking bright as hell. Bulbs and ballasts from ddmtuning.com and housings from http://www.adv4x4.com/hera40coblla.html

and they draw less power than my headlights.
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

23. #73 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
    I proceeded to the sound system, so I installed an Alpine iDA-X305 head unit, with the ipod plug in.

Nice exposed black wire. Can you say fire hazard?

24. #74 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    That is a ground Chad. That is why it is black.
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

25. #75 Re: MoonyJohn's "Project Blue Moon" 2000 WJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptech01 View Post
    That is a ground Chad. That is why it is black.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Thread Information