Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
I think i found my GD cargo area leak, any advice

Thread: I think i found my GD cargo area leak, any advice

1. #1 I think i found my GD cargo area leak, any advice 
    Okay guys ive had a hatch leak for a while leaving the cargo carpet wet, well opening the gate i had water running out from behind the plastic panel on the rear hatch so i thought it might be the window (i already sealed the roof rack with silicon as i know sometimes those leak) and i knowticed this, in the picture I posted the seam i outlined in RED is hanging low on my jeep and can be pushed up and down like it has broken the seal and water has gotten in, could the water be getting in from here? oh the license plate lights are filled with dirt and condensation so water is getting into these as well from that seam i take it?

anyways anyone have this happen before and can this be removed? or just sealed up tight?

thanks guys!

(the jeep in pic isnt mine btw just example)
    97 5.2

still building

2. #2 Re: I think i found my GD cargo area leak, any advice 
    if i remember correctly, if you pop off the inside trim pieces, there should be some fasteners holding the plate "dish" thing in place. take it all apart (lights too), dry, clean, and re-seal. Should take all of an hour.

3. #3 Re: I think i found my GD cargo area leak, any advice 
    my "leak" that sounds like yours is the rear washer nozzle hose, just another idea where to look
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

4. #4 Re: I think i found my GD cargo area leak, any advice 
    Mine used to leak from the top brake light housing, had to tighten the screw and fixed the leak. I also sealed the plastic cover you are talking about as well just in case.

Thread Information