Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

White Rim Teasers....

Thread: White Rim Teasers....

1. #1 White Rim Teasers.... 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Cody's Avatar
    Did the White Rim trail last weekend.....we were the first to push through the first (or for most people, the last--but we went backwards) 45 miles since the first snowfall. Nothing like fresh tracks....

I'll replace this with a full write up in the coming days.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

2. #2 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Last edited by Cody; 03-10-2010 at 01:46 AM.
    Resident hater of tall lifts, dana 44's, 4.0's, stingers, exo cages, and ZJ tow rigs....and the word "overlanding"

3. #3 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    SOOO Bad Ass. I'm seriously just going to ride bitch next time you have a trip like this since I don't have a rig that would be ideal for this.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    The password is newbgasm.
    www.crawlerready.com
    "For The Truly Addicted!"

4. #4 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    next one is the Maze over easter I have a seat.

5. #5 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Wow, awesome pictures. Looks like great wheeling.

Cody, do have a build thread for your current ZJ? I don't even know the specs.
    Neil R.

93 318 ZJ, HP30, 8.8, 4.56, 35"s, tube.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    WTF? A unibody won? Did they build a mall at the finish line or something?

Funniest thread on MC

6. #6 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    next one is the Maze over easter I have a seat.
    Ok, then the next one after that
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    The password is newbgasm.
    www.crawlerready.com
    "For The Truly Addicted!"

7. #7 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by fortCollinsZJ View Post
    Wow, awesome pictures. Looks like great wheeling.

Cody, do have a build thread for your current ZJ? I don't even know the specs.
    No, not really. I bought it mostly how it is from Hal Frost (ROKN ZJ) about 2.5 years ago. I've redone the rear suspension to a triangulated 4 link and modified the front radius arms to accept a different joint than what it had, lowered it 1.5" and added the rear bumper (crawler ready design). But other than that....

1998 5.2 v8, just turned over 41k miles

hp44 with warn's and CTM's (I know, but at least the shafts are ok). spool and 4.56's
    dynatrac 60 rear, detroit, 4.56's.
    6" lift, 35's. 78" wide (I'd like to narrow it at least an inch)

That's about it. Pretty normal these days. It has some issues that I'd like to fix, but until money comes along it pretty much sits as it is. runs like a top though.

8. #8 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Huh. A 44. Huh.

41k, that's lucky! Seems like a good setup, I'm sure the 44 will be fine on the 35's.

I thought I had read somewhere that you had a 44 currently, but wasn't sure, I just had to ask.
    Neil R.

93 318 ZJ, HP30, 8.8, 4.56, 35"s, tube.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    WTF? A unibody won? Did they build a mall at the finish line or something?

Funniest thread on MC

9. #9 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    It came in the jeep, but with warns, ctms, and the way I wheel it these days, I don't think I'll break it. I have already broken two Warn premium hubs though...so even with 35's the thing isn't bombproof. I can live with a set of warrantied hubs every year.

10. #10 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Nice pics Cody.. i have a permit for Sept. You dont happen to have any pics of the view from Murphy's Hogback camp? The switchbacks pic is Mineral Bottom?

Sudz was invited but he's not allowed out...
    Last edited by OverlandXJ; 03-11-2010 at 05:52 PM.

11. #11 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    The switchbacks are the Mineral Bottom switchbacks. Shafer is closed until about April, so we dropped in Mineral and exited through Potash.

That 2nd picture, with my rig in the snow, is taken about 15 feet from the top of Murphy's looking North.

This is from site B, looking north in the morning

Looking off teh edge to the north

I'll see if I have anything looking to the West. Nice views up there. Sites A and C are next to the toilets and I've heard they can get smelly in the summer. I personally liked B the best, but they are all pretty nice. I think Potato bottom would be a cool spot as well as goosberry (although goosbery is pretty exposed, it is right on the cliff). I think if I was going to spend more time out there hiking and exploring, then goosberry on one night and potato bottom on another would be nice.

12. #12 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    Last picture in the first section, HOW MUCH BEER did that guy drink the night before!!!!
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

13. #13 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZJ TINS View Post
    Last picture in the first section, HOW MUCH BEER did that guy drink the night before!!!!
    haha, that's my brother.

the funny thing about that is that I was the first person to lean over the edge to look at the waterfall and he was freaking out like an older brother does (dude, don't do that, get back from the edge....etc etc) then everyone else started looking over. So we all walk away and look back, sure as shit there he is looking over the edge like he just told me not to do.

looked cool though

14. #14 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Niiice, thanks Cody. I have site A, i'll be calling in the morning to see if i can change to B. It's only one night on WRT so if i cant no biggie.. but i'll be there right after Labor Day so..

15. #15 Re: White Rim Teasers.... 
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlandXJ View Post
    Niiice, thanks Cody. I have site A, i'll be calling in the morning to see if i can change to B. It's only one night on WRT so if i cant no biggie.. but i'll be there right after Labor Day so..
    For camping, protection, and distance from potentially foul smelling poopers, B is the way to go. A and C would both have a little better view....with A being the better of those two. I stayed in A and there is a cool rock you can climb up an set a chair on to watch the sunset/sunrise over the Maze.

Thread Information