Thread: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. #26 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slim616 View Post
    shit, I just realized i had the wrong dates and kept thinking this was on the 21, 22, 23. Well i guess that gives me an extra week to try to get all my stuff done.
    Quote Originally Posted by slim616 View Post
    okay after sitting down it looks like i'll be up for sat only since GSE will be the following weekend do to funds being short and really not wanting to tear anything up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sudz View Post
    OK but these events are 2 weeks apart
    You really suck with dates, don't you, Joe? I'm waiting for the "I drove to Harlan but no one was there" post the weekend before GSSE
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

2. #27 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsport59 View Post
    Other Rigs(tj's etc) ok for a Grand Slam Ride?
    Yep. Actually, I think there are going to be as many (if not more) non-grands than grands...

By the way, I e-mailed Lynne and we are clear to camp Thurs night-Sun night. Assuming me and my buddy Tom are the first ones there on that Thursday, we'll take the first camping spot on the right.
    Last edited by SirFuego; 05-18-2010 at 11:35 PM.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

3. #28 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Alrightly, I'm gonna bust @$$ and try to get the Heep back together. If I make it, i'll be in sometime between noon and midnight on Friday. I'll have a Silver/Black Cummins draggin' a 24' Goose......

Rick

4. #29 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    You really suck with dates, don't you, Joe? I'm waiting for the "I drove to Harlan but no one was there" post the weekend before GSSE
    lol I really need to get a calendar instead of counting days in my head. Sides with trying to get those front CO in in time, i'm going to need everyday possible. that and i'm leaving right from NY to go to GSSE.

i'm hoping all the parts will get here in time. If they do I may run two days if not ill just take it easy and run 1 day on the broken stuff unless the driveshaft parts don't show up then i'm screwed..
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

5. #30 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    damn i found a ups box on my step today from the drive shaft place, two days after ordering with normal delivery. Not bad at all. The new coils and RE bushing should be here monday or Tuesday. Now the last major hurdle would be getting a hold of a tranny pan from the local pic and pull. I hoping the tranny holds out for bit longer. When I dropped the old pan I found a bunch of metal and crap in it which can't be good. Though it seems to be shifting fine(knock on wood)

also ramsport if you decide to drive up early sat morning instead of fri let me know and we can caravan up 83 together.
    Last edited by slim616; 05-20-2010 at 01:50 PM.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

6. #31 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    I was hoping to get a shakedown run this weekend to get the "new" tires dialed in for rocks, but the local raceway canceled their play day. At least it wascanceled due to construction of additional rock courses there

Waggy box and steering brace are in. Need to hook the steering back up, bolt on the tires, and it should be wheelable.
    Robot

7. #32 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    hey did you still want that tapped box?

8. #33 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    I was hoping to get a shakedown run this weekend to get the "new" tires dialed in for rocks, but the local raceway canceled their play day. At least it wascanceled due to construction of additional rock courses there

Waggy box and steering brace are in. Need to hook the steering back up, bolt on the tires, and it should be wheelable.
    How's the "frame"? Any stress cracks? Pics of steering brace? I'm curious what they do for that on the ZJ's. I know what the Chevy ones look like.

9. #34 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Joe -- not planning on hydro assist for a while. I might reconsider if this waggy box breaks on me, but I'm hoping it'll last me for a while.

Mike -- the "frame" was fine to be honest. My bolts were looser than they should have been. Not sure if that was the cause of the break or if they loosened up after the ear broke.

Here is a pic of the steering brace. It basically a small crossmember from rail to rail (to the swaybar mounts) that gearbox housing output.
    http://www.kevinsoffroad.com/zj/zj_s...gearbrace.html
    Robot

10. #35 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Not looking good guys! I'm trying!

Rick

11. #36 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramsport59 View Post
    Not looking good guys! I'm trying!

Rick

well try harder

coils came in today, two days a head of time. You have to love summit seeing i just put the order in thur. Now just waiting on the bushings

12. #37 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    I've got pretty much everything done except for the brakes. Last time out they were marginal at best and faded as the day went on. If I can figure them out, I'll be coming......It has to be the master cylinder...

Rick

13. #38 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    My power steering fluid is all milky and can't get fresh stuff cycled through the system. Trying to figure out where air is getting in...
    Robot

14. #39 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    i have a extra stock MC if you need one for the trip.

15. #40 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    I dont think the stock mc is big enough for the dual piston calipers up front. I made adjustments today, bled the brakes 15 times and checked for leaks...everything seems fine. I'll take it for a drive in the next day and see what happens....

Rick
    94 ZJ 3/4 Ton on 36's.

16. #41 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    i'm shooting for saturday only - i'll hang out at the campsite for a while after the ride to do some catching up with you guys

i gotta see this robotmobile in person and give joe's build the once over
    95 ZJ | Clayton 6" | 8.8 | HP30 | 4.88s | Aussie F/R | 242 SYE | 35 MTZs

Paragon ♠ Tellico ◊ Big Dogs ♣ Rausch Creek ♥ Moab ♠ Rubicon

17. #42 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Sounds good sudz, looking forward to drinking a beer with you. i'm still up in the air for sunday so will have to see how everything plays out.

Got the new springs installed today and they look like I may have hit the weight ratio on the head.

18. #43 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    What trails did you want to run on Saturday? Trying to figure out what to run on Friday and don't really want to duplicate a lot of trails this weekend. Figured I'd ask if there was anything in particular you want to run so we can put it off until Sat.

I'll be there with a teal TJ on 36s the whole weekend and my buddy Dave in a CJ-3A on 36s and a healthy V8 is coming down Friday night.
    Robot

19. #44 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    What trails did you want to run on Saturday?
    hit the west property

J – 15 – 13B – 13A – 20 – 12B – 12C – dump out onto H - maybe run down to 18A - 18B

Break for lunch - Take trail requests

Boot Hill & Snake Bite are fun as hell – I’ve never done 22 – maybe try 23 (it’s a mud loop)

If time permits, scoot over to the east prop and run Crawler Ridge and Trail 2

finish up in the comp area

20. #45 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Will not make it. Trans started puking ATF tonight. Its coming out of the oring around the vavle body stem that sticks out of the case. I just dont have time to fix it.

Rick
    94 ZJ 3/4 Ton on 36's.

21. #46 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    lol so is mine. went down to the local pick and pull and found out that they poke holes in all the jeep pans in order to drain them. I tried to use one of those self tapping drain plugs with some silicone but it didn't work so well.

as for trails i'm down for what ever since i have ran them all before.

22. #47 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Planning to pack in the morning and leave buffalo by 2. Should get there before dark. We might do the blacks on the east property on Friday (o trail, 5, yellowjacket, etc) and gauge it from there. Probxbly end the day back behind the old office near stairstep and.maybe jotters.

I'm hoping to be ready to wheel by 9, so use that as your target time to start. See everyone this weekend!
    Robot

23. #48 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    Jared, have you ever run rock creek on the west side?

24. #49 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    ahh jared you have that backwards, you want to do the easier stuff fri so your not broken for sat.

rock run is nice but im not sure how many rigs well have that will be able to do that at a good speed. I'll run any trail as long as the rigs with me can do it with out major effort. ie. a rig that should be on a green trail trying to go down a blue black with no damage type of thing. Not that i'm hating or anything, i just feel bad when a clean rig tears it self up under my watch and i feel bad for the group who has to wait for that rig.

Okay replaced all the bushings on the front end and it looks like my axle wrap problem has been solved. Especially since my one UCA bolt was broke and the other UCA bushing was gone. I found a small crack on the truss that needs to be fixed but other then a few small things I should be good to go for sat.

Any idea of how many rigs we'll have total?

25. #50 Re: Grand Slam NorthEast 2010 
    You guys should definately hit Cemetary on the West property. It's a mellow black (I'd almost call it blue-black) with really fun Red sections that parallel the black in spots. It's off E trail right near the end of B. Take B all the way to E. Make a left on E, and a quick right on Cemetary.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Thread Information