Thread: New to the ZJ. But here is what i have so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: New to the ZJ. But here is what i have so far. 
    Quote Originally Posted by aint_it_grand View Post
    what do u have for a suspension setup.. looks crazy flexable for short arm... interested..
    Im running a set of 3in rustys and 3in spacers up front with a f/b swap and a 2in spacer in the rear. I had all the parts from previous XJ builds. It works for now I went everywhere that XJ's locked F/R with 35's went and Im running open with 32's. I was really impressed with it.

2. #27 Re: New to the ZJ. But here is what i have so far. 
    The person to ask would be Cam (AtlZJ) IMO. Im sure there are others but I am most familliar with his build. Any of the guys on here with Zjuggys could probably help you with ideas to strengthen the snot out of that thing. Dont think I'm hatin on you or anything either, I really like your rig and Im a fan of the hack. I think I posted earlier that my Dub will be the recipient of the chop at some point.
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

3. #28 Re: New to the ZJ. But here is what i have so far. 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeptech01 View Post
    The person to ask would be Cam (AtlZJ) IMO. Im sure there are others but I am most familliar with his build. Any of the guys on here with Zjuggys could probably help you with ideas to strengthen the snot out of that thing. Dont think I'm hatin on you or anything either, I really like your rig and Im a fan of the hack. I think I posted earlier that my Dub will be the recipient of the chop at some point.
    Thanks man.. Its not my DD so I plan on doing a lot more. Im working on some sliders and stiffeners this weekend so I should have some pics up..

4. #29 Re: New to the ZJ. But here is what i have so far. 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Midtennjeeperz View Post
    Im sure that Im getting some frame flex but my door really doesn't fit right. Other then a cage what suggestions do you have.
    Honestly, doors not lining up is inevitable for any unibodied rig without a cage. Chopping part of the roof of just accelerates the process.

You probably don't need a full fledged cage, but some sort of tubing or angle iron support is probably necessary. Take a look at the way BigDavZJ did his chop top (before it became the Red Roof Inn) -- it seemed to hold up pretty well despite not having a cage.

I remember asking (online) ATL ZJ why he chopped off his rear unibody -- and part of the reason was because it was being overstressed from being a choptop without proper reinforcement.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information