Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!!

Thread: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!!

1. #1 Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Yeah, I know...I haven't been around here much. Been busy with my new project, a '51 Chev DeLuxe so the Jeep has taken a back seat for a bit...until yesterday. We have a local area where there are some pretty nice designated off road trails that I was just recently introduced to me. It's cool because I don't have to make the trek all the way to Walker Valley to go wheelin'. Yesterday, I made the classic rookie mistake by misjudging the depth of a hole and got myself stuck as hell. Took 3 guys with three different rigs (none of which had a winch!) to get my sorry ass out of the hole that I very successfully high centered myself on. All four wheels would just sit and spin, they weren't touching any form of ground and the rig could rock side to side by a foot...easily. It took a 1-ton turbo diesel Dodge 3500 dually 4-wheel drive rig about 20 minutes to yank my sorry ass out of there so you know I was buried. Even with the pictures, it still doesn't look as bad as it really is, but I was buried. Oh well, it was fun. Met a few new friends and enjoyed a few frosties afterwards. My day was over. Oh yeah...I know...eat shit!

This is the disadvantage of not having lockers. Front left wheel just a churning away while only the right rear wheel is spinning. Shit! I now know what my next mod is!

I never knew I had a bald spot!!!!!! Looks like I got a horseshoe in my future!

Snapped one chain (the only thing we had at the time) which scared the shit out of everyone that was standing within 30 feet of us!

Like all of that shit in front of the wheel is going to do anything. Yeah, that was smart!
    Last edited by mrhotwheels; 01-28-2010 at 04:29 PM. Reason: More info added
    '97 ZJ Laredo 4.0. Bone stock, NP 242J, Dana diff's. Dreamin' of all the mods I want to do....

2. #2 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    I giggled.

3. #3 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Ha

Why didn't they pull you out backwards instead of dragging you across the mud? Use a recovery/ snatch strap next time, too.
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

4. #4 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    Ha

Why didn't they pull you out backwards instead of dragging you across the mud? Use a recovery/ snatch strap next time, too.
    Yeah, a chain link in the forehead is not a fun thing.

Was this on private land?

5. #5 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Admin
    Chains are OK if its a winch / slow drag - but if it needs any "tug" whatseover, as was said, use a recovery strap!

6. #6 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    The third guy that came by had a nice 25ft recovery strap rated at 30,000lbs or there about. That's what the big Dodge used to pull me out with. Receiver hitch to receiver hitch and a few good yanks.
    '97 ZJ Laredo 4.0. Bone stock, NP 242J, Dana diff's. Dreamin' of all the mods I want to do....

7. #7 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhotwheels View Post

who's that drivin? patrick swayze!

8. #8 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
    Yeah, a chain link in the forehead is not a fun thing.

Was this on private land?
    Ya got that right about the chain. The chain was all we had until the second guy came along and he had the burly snatch strap that got us out.

I forgot to mention that when we finally were pulled out, it was from behind because there was no way to really get out from the front...especially after the guy in the CJ (nicknamed "Stoner boy" yanked me a wee bit further in the mire.

Private land...no, it's owned and loosely maintained by the city but deemed "Usable by off road vehicles only". The city gave that spot of land to the local wheelers after a shit-ton of complaints of having no where else to go (legally). I'm sorry, I should have clarified this from the get-go.

9. #9 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Buy some tires that aren't street slicks for goodness sakes.. those things are pathetic
    1998 5.9, 5.5" Front/ 4.5" Rear (RE), 33/12.50's Trxus MT's, ARB Bumper w/Warn 9500HS, 231HD...SOLD...Stupid Divorce!!

Quote Originally Posted by canadian_driver View Post
    start giving teachers guns... or tazers.... or clubs or just a 2x4 with a nail in it

10. #10 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    I had a similar experience in october on the naches trail but i had to stay the night in the jeep because we were stupid and only had one rig
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa6IB2NAHz8
    we had actually raised the jeep up about a foot and a half before the video was taken by jacking it up and shoving rocks and logs under the tires, seven hours of digging, if we would of had another vehicle we would of be out in ten minutes, don't wheel alone!

11. #11 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    been there, done that lol
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

12. #12 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by joshman95zj View Post
    I had a similar experience in october on the naches trail but i had to stay the night in the jeep because we were stupid and only had one rig
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fa6IB2NAHz8
    we had actually raised the jeep up about a foot and a half before the video was taken by jacking it up and shoving rocks and logs under the tires, seven hours of digging, if we would of had another vehicle we would of be out in ten minutes, don't wheel alone!
    Jeez, and I thought I was stuck! Good job on yanking it out of there too. Of course you are about 10 steps ahead of my ZJ with bigger tires, lift, suspension mods, etc etc. Thankfully, where we were at was withing eyeshot of the freeway which is how the Patrick Swayze looking guy on my roof found us. If it weren't for him, it could have played out much worse.

from joshman95ZJ, Buy some tires that aren't street slicks for goodness sakes.. those things are pathetic
    Can ya lend me a few dead presidents?

13. #13 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    good job rockin stock

FWIW, a simple lunchbox locker in the back will help ALOT

I had a bone stock 1988 GMC s15 Jimmy with the heavy duty offroad package (4:10 front and rear, heavy duty springs and a locker out back)

I took it out on a snow / mud meet one day (two wranglers, both open,open with 32in Coopers )and i was going places they were going on three year old almost bald michelin MTX mud and snows. I wouldve had better tires, had i not been broke at the time. Only got stuck once.

Keep up the good work, i know what its like too wheel on a budget, ya gotta do what ya gotta do
    2005 Ford F150 STX 4.6L Auto Daily / Tow Pig
    1996 Jeep GC Laredo 4.0L Auto Mud toy / wrench slut

14. #14 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Rockin' stock is what I do best! Looks like you had a nice little adventure with yours too!

15. #15 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhotwheels View Post
    Rockin' stock is what I do best! Looks like you had a nice little adventure with yours too!
    Yeah i did a ton of work too that thing and brought it back from the brink of extermination. New engine, entire new front suspension, redid the whole interior. That thing was cherry. Had too sell it cuz i was dumping way too much money in it was a dd, So I bought my f150 as a dd and stumbled across my 96 ZJ, managed too get my zj for 175 and and fixing a buddys fuel line on his car.

16. #16 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Well, I went back to where I got my ass stuck with the intent on actually having some fun rather than digging, yanking and pulling my heap out of a deep hole. I went back to where the hole was that I got stuck in and I can see why I was stuck...I had the Jeep hung right on center. The front diff, transfer case and rear diff were all sitting right on the center 'hump' of the mud that was solid which basically allowed my wheels to just dangle there in the water thus turning my heap into a paddle-wheel boat.

Anyway, here is another hole that I found that doesn't look that deep in the picture, but the right side of the hole is actually about 2 feet deep and that center hump....well, let's just say I kept my sorry ass away from it, I didn't want to get stuck again!

Here was some pretty deep stuff, I walked over to it with a 3 foot stick and the stick went down about 3/4 of the way down before it hit something 'solid' enough to tread upon. I also kept my sorry ass away from there too.

Here we go, beat this flex action! Yeah, I know, it's not anything to clap about but hey, it's the first time I flexed it at all. I didn't have the sway bar disconnected so it could have been a bit better, but I am happy with the results. This time I had fun, unlike my last adventure.

At least this time it's dirty.
    Last edited by mrhotwheels; 02-26-2010 at 08:27 PM. Reason: 'nuther picture to add

17. #17 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Oh yeah...Patrick Swayze wasn't there to ride the roof this time.

18. #18 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    god bless ya man, i dont know how people on here wheel open / open with radials.

My jeep is buried in 2 feet of snow in my side yard because thats where it decided too stop moving. And thats with MTR's. First rear axle mod, aussie

19. #19 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    I remember when my truck was stock and I got it pretty damn stuck.. I was there for 6-7 hours, a Bronco failed to get me out, I think and F150 couldn't get me out, it took a 4x4 1500 Dodge yanking time after time to get me out.

piece of shit 99 ranger - trail slut
    03 1500 Z71, 5.3 - tow rig/dd

20. #20 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Senior Member it usually runs fine's Avatar
    When u guna modify that ugly mother fucker?
    Some girls don't like guys like me, but some girls do.

21. #21 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Yeah it's stock, yeah it's ugly, yeah I wanna modify it...badly. First things first, back surgery on the 4th. I figure I have until mid Spring before I can do much of anything.

22. #22 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    Senior Member it usually runs fine's Avatar
    IN DUE X my friend
    Some girls don't like guys like me, but some girls do.

23. #23 Re: Awwwww crap!!!!!!!!! 
    My first mod (due to the lack of money) will most likely be a budget boost or at least a spring swap. Then I can make way for a larger set of dedicated off road tires. From there, maybe lockers if I can find a good used set.

Thread Information