Thread: GSSE Oh-10

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. #76 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Quote Originally Posted by zj95maxx View Post
    7 1/2
    shit thats a long drive...

2. #77 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Well I am looking for a cack-up plan just in case. I may not have a trailer to get my jeep to Harlan, would anyone have a 2 rig trailer with just 1 rig on it, that would be willing to rent me the other spot

3. #78 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    talk to travis, he's the only one in our group with a truck thats up for that kind of duty...

4. #79 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
    Well I am looking for a cack-up plan just in case. I may not have a trailer to get my jeep to Harlan, would anyone have a 2 rig trailer with just 1 rig on it, that would be willing to rent me the other spot
    Can't help ya there, even if I had a long gooseneck, I don't think my Ram 1500 would be too happy. Besides, it's already a long enough drive for me without detouring to NC

I am hoping to be on different tires (i.e. tires with more tread) by then. Although it seems that every desirable 35" tire is on backorder now, so I'm hoping that it's an omen that I am supposed to buy a set of good, but used, tires. So if anyone knows anyone within a few hours of Buffalo...
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

5. #80 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Quote Originally Posted by zjeepin View Post
    talk to travis, he's the only one in our group with a truck thats up for that kind of duty...
    I have, but his 16' trailer isn't up to it.

6. #81 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    you may be able to rent a trailer somewhere.. gboro/winston is a big place

7. #82 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    Can't help ya there, even if I had a long gooseneck, I don't think my Ram 1500 would be too happy. Besides, it's already a long enough drive for me without detouring to NC
    That would definitely be a trek!

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    I am hoping to be on different tires (i.e. tires with more tread) by then. Although it seems that every desirable 35" tire is on backorder now, so I'm hoping that it's an omen that I am supposed to buy a set of good, but used, tires. So if anyone knows anyone within a few hours of Buffalo...
    I was lucky enough to get a set of trxxus blems from Interco a few months ago... went to look for a spare a few weeks ago, and nothing. I ended up getting a 35" Mud King from tire rack...

8. #83 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Anybody remember Tard-dong, i could always see if he is willing to make an appearence...haha..

Ill be there this year, already got the days put off for it.....

9. #84 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Quote Originally Posted by SCJeeper View Post
    Anybody remember Tard-dong, i could always see if he is willing to make an appearence...haha..

Ill be there this year, already got the days put off for it.....
    sorry, nobody here knows what your talking about.. care to explain?

10. #85 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    I know ya'll have to remember him, 2 years ago when i brough him with me, he stuttered alot and hooked up in the campground with one of the locals, he was riding with cam when he en-doed going down the hill...

11. #86 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    uhh, i think you need to tell the tard-dong story so others can enjoy

12. #87 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    so is there any rig that's going to have smaller than 35s at this? the most i think i'll have by then is an 8.8, hp30 locked front and rear on 30s... don't wanna end up running trails alone

13. #88 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Quote Originally Posted by GunsUP View Post
    so is there any rig that's going to have smaller than 35s at this? the most i think i'll have by then is an 8.8, hp30 locked front and rear on 30s... don't wanna end up running trails alone
    over the last few years we haven't gotten a whole lot of intrest from the "stock-ish" crowd, although everyone is invited and there is quite a bit of terrain that would be tons of fun for that group.

14. #89 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    GunsUP got me thinking, do we have a name/tire size/locker thread for GSSE yet?

15. #90 Re: GSSE Oh-10 

I've never been here. I'll run the easier trails with ya. After the carnage I inflicted on the WJ over memorial day weekend at Hot Springs it would not hurt for me to take it easy for the first day. Broke a long side inner shaft, a rear shaft, a lock out, and destroyed a track bar bushing in less than 24 hours! On the up side I got it repaired and back on the trail for every day I was there. gotta love it!
    I'm still waiting on the inexpensive shit to break!!!

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

16. #91 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    last year i think there was only two people who had d30/d44 under their rigs. I think they had 32's and 33's open/ locked and had a hell of a time getting around on the medium trails though they had no issues with the mountain trails.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

17. #92 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    Show up anyway. The great thing about Harlan is that you can ride the main trails/roads and see a lot of pretty serious action. You can still get out, get up into the woods and have a good time. If you get bored just riding around on the easier stuff I'm sure you could find an empty seat to ride in.
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

18. #93 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    We are working on a guide with trail info to give you guys who have never visited Harlan an idea of what's available. Look for it to be released sometime around the fourth week of June. Harlan has tons of extreme trails but it also has a good number of miles of easier trails as well. The only tricky factor is most trails get twice as hard when it rains...

19. #94 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    We are working on a guide with trail info to give you guys who have never visited Harlan an idea of what's available. Look for it to be released sometime around the fourth week of June. Harlan has tons of extreme trails but it also has a good number of miles of easier trails as well. The only tricky factor is most trails get twice as hard when it rains...
    I pray it does not rain! My POS Iroks are on the last trip.
    I'm still waiting on the inexpensive shit to break!!!

'02 WJ with 60's, locked, full hydo, ORI's, on 40's, and still have air conditioning!

20. #95 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    What are everyone's plans for this?

I'm getting in sometime on that Thursday (taking off work, so I should get in at a reasonable time) and possibly leaving Monday morning. Although, if folks are only heading out in the morning on Sunday or I'm broken, I might just head back on Sunday. I left Windrock after a morning of wheeling and it wasn't horrible. Harlan is about 1.5-2 hours shorter of a drive, too, than the route I took to/from Windrock.

Anyone else taking 77 or 79 to 119 to get there? Both routes are all interstate for me until I get on 119 and each way only varies by 10 minutes. When the route already is going to take close to 11 hours -- what's the difference of 10 minutes?

Is 77 a flatter route than 79? That might make it a lot quicker towing...
    Last edited by SirFuego; 06-25-2010 at 11:17 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

21. #96 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    I'll be getting there sometime before dark on Thursday and I'll probably head out on Sunday morning unless something really tempts me to stay and wheel that morning.
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

22. #97 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    If I work a full day I will be rolling in at midnight Thursday. Although it's really tempting to try to get there earlier to unload and go hit some trails again.

I have a 6 hour drive home, so normally I try to wheel til around lunch on Sunday, grab some dairy hut, and hit the road around 2:00

23. #98 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    I am planning on getting there before dark Thursday as well. I will probably not wheel on Sunday and head back early.

On a side note, when will the drivers meeting be Friday morning?

24. #99 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
    I am planning on getting there before dark Thursday as well. I will probably not wheel on Sunday and head back early.

On a side note, when will the drivers meeting be Friday morning?
    9:00 at the GSSE table at the Evarts campground (more on that soon)

25. #100 Re: GSSE Oh-10 
    Im leaving tuesday morning swinging through New York for a tom petty concert then heading down to Harlan. I hoping that i should be there before dark thursday. Ill be rolling out some time sunday morning unless something comes up.

As a side note I have found wheeling the night before a Big event is not good, bad things will happen.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Thread Information