Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Morris Mtn 12/13/09

Thread: Morris Mtn 12/13/09

1. #1 Morris Mtn 12/13/09 
    Headed over to Morris Mountain today with Bailey (CruisinGA) and Pearce. I towed Bailey's fj40 with my Titan and rode passenger for the first time in my life on a wheeling trip. After a later than expected start, we hit the trails with just the two rigs. Other than a couple minor issues, the day went fairly smooth with no serious carnage. Pearce's rig is well on its way to being completely dialed in from his recent rebuild, and Bailey found his go pedal and made some surprising wheelspeed with his low compression, 40 year old six cylinder with busted exhaust. Definitely fun to watch.

The only other people we saw at the park were a couple guys from Michigan and Randy Morris who owns the place. Our late start actually gave the rain time to taper off, and the day was a lot drier and warmer than expected. The trails were still sloppy though. Anyway, here are some pics. Got a little video too that I may try and post later.

Last edited by ATL ZJ; 12-14-2009 at 01:14 AM.

2. #2 Re: Morris Mtn 12/13/09 
    Looks like a lot of fun. Is it ever possible to go to Morris Mountain and it not be wet?

And I've wanted to go back there so much. Its probably the closet park to me and yet I've only been once.
    Ben
    1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer ZJ : V8, 3.5", 31" M/Ts, Swapped in D44a with Aussie

www.gatrailriders.com

3. #3 Re: Morris Mtn 12/13/09 
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporer65 View Post
    Looks like a lot of fun. Is it ever possible to go to Morris Mountain and it not be wet?

And I've wanted to go back there so much. Its probably the closet park to me and yet I've only been once.
    I've only been once when it was dry and dusty. MM is a great day trip for us ATL folks because it's barely more than an hour away.

4. #4 Re: Morris Mtn 12/13/09 
    Looks like a nice place to wheel. I did not think you guys had rocks like that down South.

5. #5 Re: Morris Mtn 12/13/09 
    That's nothin, get up in North GA/Tennessee/North Carolina and there's lots of rock. It's always slippery and got dirt/mud in between, but that just makes it interesting.

'74 FJ40 wheeler
    '93 FZJ80 factory locked DD
    '53 Willys Wagon 4x4

6. #6 Re: Morris Mtn 12/13/09 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    Looks like fun. One of these days I'll get there.
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

Thread Information