Thread: Replaced the front speakers

1. #1 Replaced the front speakers 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    So my driver side infinity speaker was shot. Ended up finding some Rockford Fosgate P1653 6.5" 240W Car Speakers 6-1/2 on ebay. Good price, good reviews. The are three way since the price is about the same for 2 or 1 way. Anyway the foam surround was bad on the infinity's.

The rockfords use rubber surrounds. Also a couple nice features, the frame is around 1/4" thick so very stiff and easy to use as a hole pattern fixture. It comes with around 2" long socket head sheet metal screws. The Infinity uses three screws, the rockford 4. So I just lined up the speakers and drilled some holes then ran the screws in (kit comes with a hex drive socket bit!). For the jeep I just cut the wire speaker connector and added 2 crimp spades for the new speakers. I pre-bought some plastic fasteners for the door cover to door frame and ended up using 3 so you might want to get some before you start.

Results are great. Much better in all ranges. I am not going to worry about replacing the two tweeters on the dash as the front 3 ways are fine. I already ordered two more for the rear doors. They run $60 a pair shipped. The vendor is sonicelectronix, got them in 4 days I think.

I will put a few pics up when I do the rear doors but this is stupid simple.

Also I am just driving them with Pioneer in dash radio with 22W/per channel and they sound louder than I need.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

2. #2 Re: Replaced the front speakers 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    Name:  rockford.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  35.9 KB
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

Thread Information