Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

My '93 ZJ Build and new Hunting/Expedition Trailer Build

Thread: My '93 ZJ Build and new Hunting/Expedition Trailer Build

1. #1 My '93 ZJ Build and new Hunting/Expedition Trailer Build 
    The build so far has all been done very cheap, and mostly by myself and a couple buddies. Been out of work since June of '08 taking care of my dad and then searching for work once he was recovered, but finally start working again sometime in the next week so many mods will be coming shortly.

1993 ZJ, 4.0, 249 TC but have the 231 in the garage for swap, open 30/open 35 but they may be getting swapped soon, 3.5 inch lift, 32x11.50x15s, fabbed sliders, sway bars removed, KO radiator support, chopped fenders and lots of other low hanging and unneeded metal has been trimmed, flat black paint that is going away within first couple paychecks, all plastic trim and bumpers removed, CB, KC's and lots of recovery gear for the Liberty I wheel with.

March:

Along the way:

Now:

The 32s were just put on.

To come:
    HD steering, lockers, possible axle swaps, fabbed bumpers, add on to sliders, tube around the wheel wells and tie into bumpers and sliders, winch, fuel cell (ground clearance), probably going bigger lift and tires, lots of skids, custom cargo basket, more lighting for Search & Rescue and Recoveries, possible home snorkel to keep the engine from eating so much of the AZ dust, and address any issues or further mods as I come across them.

Dan
    Last edited by GOTMTNS; 09-20-2009 at 08:41 PM.
    Dan- '93 ZJ ,4.0, 249 TC(soon to be 231), open 30/open 35, 3.5" lift, 32x11.50x15s, sliders, KO radiator support, KCs and trimmed.

2. #2 Re: My '93 ZJ 
    Some trail shots:

Waiting on a CD with more pics of mine from my buddy, I always seem to just have pics of everyone else's rigs.

The crazy Liberty I wheel with, I was passenger for this:
    Dan- '93 ZJ ,4.0, 249 TC(soon to be 231), open 30/open 35, 3.5" lift, 32x11.50x15s, sliders, KO radiator support, KCs and trimmed.

3. #3 Re: My '93 ZJ 
    Hahaha wow. good job with the liberty.
    I like the ZJ, you need some bigger tires to match the hugely trimmed fenders.
    good to see it being used!

Eat shit by the way.
    Neil R.

93 318 ZJ, HP30, 8.8, 4.56, 35"s, tube.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    WTF? A unibody won? Did they build a mall at the finish line or something?

Funniest thread on MC

4. #4 Re: My '93 ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by fortCollinsZJ View Post
    Hahaha wow. good job with the liberty.
    I like the ZJ, you need some bigger tires to match the hugely trimmed fenders.
    good to see it being used!

Eat shit by the way.
    Thanks, was definitely a street queen before I got it.

I definitely want to get some bigger tires on there, my buddy (the CJ7 who's 40 I am on in the above pic) brought up fabbing up our own long arm setup. Plus the fenders are going to have some more fab work done to them if they stay at all, may just remove and build custom ones.

Yeah that libby makes for some fun, recovered it a few times this year and was also riding passenger with him the day pinched the doors shut with the rockers and forced me to dukes of hazard.

5. #5 Re: My '93 ZJ Build 
    Haha I saw that libby flop on AZVJC.

6. #6 Re: My '93 ZJ Build 
    Quote Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
    Haha I saw that libby flop on AZVJC.
    Yeah it was hilarious, I told him he was to narrow to take that line. Was such a slow flop that we could hear the guy in front of us daughter laughing as we went, I was also with him when he ran Elvis and destroyed his rockers. I carry recovery gear with me at all times mostly because of that rig, its a lot better now that he is locked and has the sliders and new front fenders being fabbed by Todd.
    Last edited by GOTMTNS; 09-19-2009 at 03:53 AM.

7. #7 Here is the trailer project 
    Well we picked her up yesterday, got a really good deal since she needs some work (He also threw in a second spare for my fathers rig). Picked her up to use on our big game hunts and to build as an expedition trailer for longer trips.

She has some cancerous rust that I will be addressed, the floor has already been replace and I will just throw in some extra cross supports for strength. Has some seams that will need reinforced and re-welded. Precious owner put a D35 under her, so I have extra trail spares until the D35 on the ZJ is addressed and this means spare tires for the ZJ can be shared with the trailer. She sits high and could easily be switched SOA if needed when the ZJ is lifted higher. Also going to redo the wiring since nothing was sealed and waterproofed.

Plans are to solidify the body, herculiner the bed and possibly exterior, add jerry can mounts, add hinged lockable and removable top for secure gear storage, add reverse lights, likely add fenders and any other conveniences that come to mind as the project progresses. Biggest concern for now before diving in too deep is just to make it usable for my elk hunt in early December, most of the build will probably take place after that.

Last edited by GOTMTNS; 09-20-2009 at 06:10 PM.

8. #8 Re: My '93 ZJ Build and new Hunting/Expedition Trailer Build 
    Looking through some of the other threads I noticed a lot of different cb mounts and figured I would throw a pic of mine out there. Its redneck and cheap, but here in AZ its at least protected from direct sunlight most of the time.

9. #9 Re: My '93 ZJ Build and new Hunting/Expedition Trailer Build 
    Well after getting a deal I couldn't pass up on a built TJ, the ZJ has got to go. If anyone is interested in her let me know.

Last trip out hunting with her:

The new rig:

10. #10 Re: My '93 ZJ Build and new Hunting/Expedition Trailer Build 
    The ZJ is sold, but I did direct the kid to the site so hopefully he comes and joins.

11. #11 Re: My '93 ZJ Build and new Hunting/Expedition Trailer Build 
    Damn man, that was a quick run for you on MC!
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

12. #12 Re: My '93 ZJ Build and new Hunting/Expedition Trailer Build 
    Quote Originally Posted by downtowncb View Post
    Damn man, that was a quick run for you on MC!

Had just been directed to the site and was loving, but the deal I got on the TJ was way to good to turn down.

It's loaded and ready for rock crawling. It has been a very reliable and capable rig. It is street legal and driveable but needs a sway bar for a more stable ride on the road. It will most likely have one by the time I sell it.

2004 TJ Sport, 4.0 L engine, manual tranny, AC, stereo, CD. I'm the original owner and it only has 31,800 actual miles on it.

Dana 44's front and rear with ARB lockers, chromo shafts, 5.13 gears. All the weak areas on the axles have been beefed up by 4Wheelers Supply such as track bar mounts, control arm skids, etc.

Manual 5 spd tranny with B&M short shifter, hand throttle, connected to a Teralow 4.1 transfer case with 2 Low .

4.5" Rubicon Express lift with 37" Goodyear MTR's on 15x10 aluminum wheels.

RK/Teraflex cross over steering setup. Just installed a few months ago and never tested it out. This is the same setup Lance and others have put on their rig. Rock Solid!

9000lb Warn winch with remote.

Custom front bumper and tube work by John Hunter.

Full custom cage and Master Craft seats by Mike Tibben.

Shrockworks rock sliders and TBT body armor and Rear bumper.

Tuffy sliding storage box with custom made rack on top (also by Mike Tibben).

Full soft top and hard doors.

Spare front and rear axle shafts.

It also has damage to the passenger side hood and cowel. Gives it character.

This rig has been used on the rocks and it shows but it is mechanically solid. I have used synthetic Amsoil in the engine almost from day one.

$13,500

With the bead locks, and the antirock is gone.

Plus there is more than what he listed in the ad. When I get marreid again and have kids another Grand will be built.

Thread Information