Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Barrett Lake run, scenery pics!

Thread: Barrett Lake run, scenery pics!

1. #1 Barrett Lake run, scenery pics! 

Alrighty, quite a story behind this run! So we began the trip Friday afternoon. hitting the trail head around 4pm. We ran about 5 miles of the trail, and got to the rock garden about a mile from the lake when I had a catastrophic failure. I was taking the hard line on the garden when I dropped my rear pass coil (I built limiting straps this weekend, just a hair too long :thumbdown. That side slammed down on the bumpstop, and while trying to work myself off the obstacle the bumpstop extension I built ripped apart the factory bumpstop area and ejected my extended bumpstop...great. That happened while I was on the throttle, when the tire tucked up into the wheel well with no bumpstop it bound up so hard it snapped the rear pass shaft of my D44a. At first we thought it was the locker, but after backing off the obstacle and trying to continue down the trail a few hundred yards we could see the wheel wobble a bit and knew it was the shaft. This was at around 9:30 at night, we decided to run all the way back out to the trail head and camp where our phones had service, with 3 wheel drive and one wheel only held on by the brake caliper haha. Didn't even need to get strapped! We got to the trail head around 1 in the morning and called it a night. I woke up around 7 and started making some calls, got my dad to get me a shaft and drive it up from sacramento for me (what a guy eh?). Once we got that set in stone, we got on the pavement, got the ass end raised and pulled the shaft, shattered right at the splines. Anywho, we got that all done and the new shaft in, then being as determined as we were to save the trip we wheeled back into the lake again, flawlessly this time. The next day me and one of my buds went on a big hike up around the upper lakes around barrett, which is where the panorama above was taken! I don't have a ton of wheelin pics, but hvae some good scenery so enjoy.

Mmk first off you all finally get a decent snapshot of my rebuilt front bumper

This was more of a dare from a friend...hahaha he didnt make it.

Right when I lost my bumpstop and snapped my axle. Look at that stuff!

Fun big ole' trees

Yeah I hate it here, never want to go back. This was like 20 feet from the camp site.

Beginning of the hike, Lawrence lake

Veins in the rocks

(Same lake as top pic, but not as high up)

One of the small upper lakes

This pic is surreal to me, it trips me out to see the lake with the rock border, then nothing behind it. The mountain just kinda drops off so there aren't trees and such.

Fun fun

Top Lake

Aaand this is about it

Enjoy!
    Last edited by AgitatedPancake; 09-08-2009 at 01:10 PM.
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

2. #2 Re: Barrett Lake run, scenery pics! 
    Great pics! I'll put that on my list of "places out west I need to visit"!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33
    Its a jeep, it doesn't have to make sense.

3. #3 Re: Barrett Lake run, scenery pics! 
    That looks amazing, like some places I've been up by Truckee. Where is Barrett Lake?
    I collect Jeeps.

The Polar Bear Build on Mall Crawlin
    The Polar Bear Detailed Build

"Don't argue with an idiot, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience."

4. #4 Re: Barrett Lake run, scenery pics! 
    Great pics and just plain beautiful scenery.
    '97 ZJ Laredo 4.0. Bone stock, NP 242J, Dana diff's. Dreamin' of all the mods I want to do....

5. #5 Re: Barrett Lake run, scenery pics! 
    Thanks guys it was awesome! That was the first time I've gone on a real hike like that, we had no trails or anything and had to figure out ways to go where we wanted. That made it interesting and SICK.

Quote Originally Posted by downtowncb View Post
    That looks amazing, like some places I've been up by Truckee. Where is Barrett Lake?
    Barrett is a little south of the con if I remember right, southeast of tahoe. It's the same style scenery you see all over near tahoe...AMAZING
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

Thread Information