Thread: Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread

1. #1 Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread 
    Dave's Nurse Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Staff
    Hi All:

I know all of you that attended the banquet completed the feedback forms and we appreciate it. The feedback is what makes this event better. We can never please everyone 100% of the time, but the more feedback you provide to us the better we can make this event.

So - if you've thought of a few other things that we can do better or different that you didn't have the time or inclination to to put on the feedback forms - do it here. Or, if you didn't get a chance to complete a form, now is your chance.

I can't say that all of the feedback will be acted on but better to throw all you can at the wall and see what sticks.

Just as an FYI - some of the feedback we got and will take under consideration is as follows:

- Run the more popular trails two days and/or limit the number of rigs on the trail to no more than 10. (i.e. Hells and Poison Spider Mesa - just FYI three years ago we couldn't get more than say 6 rigs on PSM)

- Be a little firmer on the rig requirements for the trails - this tends to be subjective as one modestly built rig with an experienced driver may be able to do what a built rig with a new driver cannot. But the planners will toss this about.

- provide a little bit more detail/explanation on the trails we are running. - We can do this but some of this is on you guys. We can only go into so much detail before we bore everyone and loose people's attention explaining 4 different trails to 40-ish drivers. Do us all a favor - get the Wells books and research the trail offerings prior to showing up here. We'll try and do a better job explaining the trails on last minute trial changes.

So - definately good feedback. Any thoughts on the banquet this year? Any other trails you'd like to have us consider running (keep in mind they have to be on the EJS schedule). You guys are an opinionated bunch - Let us know what else you think.
    ~Pam -

"Pressure - it can turn a lump of coal into a flawless diamond - or an average person into a perfect basket case"

2. #2 Re: Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread 
    Asshole Extraordinaire Lifetime Supporter
    MallCrawlin Supporter
    I thought the banquet was great very informal and comfortable, there also seemed to be a lot of concern about the cost of this years GSW. I havent gone before, so I am not sure what if any cost was paid in years past, however for me personally this event would have been a bargain at twice the cost.

As far as feedback, the only thing I would change would be limiting the number of rigs on a trail to about 15. Both trails I went on were very fun, however the number of rigs made the trails really long.

Oh and most importantly please do something about the blowing sand...i didnt like that very much!

3. #3 Re: Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by someone's feedback
    provide a little bit more detail/explanation on the trails we are running.
    Can whom ever said this (or anyone else who has some input) expand on this? Did you run a trail and felt like you were ill-prepared for it? Or perhaps someone else was on it that was ill-prepared? Or what exactly? That might help who ever is talking about the trails to touch on what ever your concern is.

Quote Originally Posted by Kauzi Zj View Post
    I thought the banquet was great very informal and comfortable, there also seemed to be a lot of concern about the cost of this years GSW. I havent gone before, so I am not sure what if any cost was paid in years past, however for me personally this event would have been a bargain at twice the cost.
    Aside from the banquet, the event has never cost anything in the past.

-Ryan
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

4. #4 Re: Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by ArloGuthroJeep View Post
    Can whom ever said this (or anyone else who has some input) expand on this? Did you run a trail and felt like you were ill-prepared for it? Or perhaps someone else was on it that was ill-prepared? Or what exactly? That might help who ever is talking about the trails to touch on what ever your concern is.

-Ryan
    Yeah no one told me I was gunna blow up my driveshaft... what the hell.

5. #5 Re: Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread 
    Supporting Vendor GSSW Planner
    MallCrawlin Vendor
    I told you that before you even left AZ!

Quote Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
    Barbaric Suspension & Fab

KevinsOffRoad.com

6. #6 Re: Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread 
    Senor Member Lifetime Supporter ArloGuthroJeep's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZJones View Post
    I sent you a PM telling you to bring any spares you have, not leave your spare driveshaft at home
    -Ryan
    '04 WJ w/6" on Clayton LA's, 242 SYE, 4.56 (locked 44a), 35" BFG MT KM2's

7. #7 Re: Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread 
    Haha I know. I was planning on bring it but completely forgot about it.

Feedback: This was my first time going to this event and I had a blast. Everyone was very friendly and shared alot of knowledge they have about the trails and Grand Cherokee's. I thought the drivers meetings were helpful for us newbies so we knew what we were getting ourselves into. I also enjoyed the banquet and didn't expect to win anything before I got there but ended up winning two great prizes. I don't think there is much you guys can change with this event. I'd give it a 10 out of 10.

8. #8 Re: Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread 
    WOW!!! That was the most fun I have had in a while...

I thought everything was put together very well from the drivers meeting to the trail leaders (thanks John) and the banquet was great as well...Im with Brian everything was great and cant wait for the next one...

It was nice meeting a few of you Brian, Hunter, Jim, Ryan, John to name a few and put faces and personality to names...

Thanks again for a great time,
    Adam
    K9

9. #9 Re: Official GSW 09 Feedback Thread 
    feedback from me would have to be, it was amazing.. i didn't notice a snag anywhere.. everything went very smoothly. Im sure many of us would be willing to pay twice that as mentioned before just to be a part of this wonderful event..

I wanna thank all the organizers and those who helped make the new guys feel welcome.. specially arlo for taking the time to introduce us to everyone..
    John
    04' TJ Unlimited, 3" LA's, 37's, locked ect..
    07' WK Overland Hemi, Chrome Bug Deflector...
    [SOLD] 01' WJ Limited, 33's, LA's etc.... JF 09' GCOTY

Thread Information