Thread: What you can do/what they do.

1. #1 What you can do/what they do. 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    Last night I was reading my latest issue of the BRC (Blue Ribbon Coalition) Magazine and the crap that goes on blows me away. There were stories in there of state legislators trying (and sometimes succeding) to use OHV money to fund other gov't BS. This is the money they collect from us when we go to a state operated park and pay the use fee. In Colorado they wanted to take money from the OHV fund and use it to promote "eco-tourism"!!!!! Can you imagine the outcry from the greenies if you used "eco" money to promote OHV use? In California they took $90,000,000 from the OHV fund to put in the "general" fund. Bull!

My point is, do what you can to support the orginizations that support us. They do a great job of fighting the well funded wacko nut jobs that want to shut everything down. Well, they want to shut almost everything down, they are ok with; hikers, mountain climbers, cyclists, and bird watchers. They don't really care about nature, they just want it all to themselves. Selfish pricks.

Rant off, off my soap box.

http://www.sharetrails.org/ Check it out, join/donate if you can.

Ryan
    Last edited by rstrucks; 05-13-2009 at 11:50 AM.
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

2. #2 Re: What you can do/what they do. 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by rstrucks View Post
    In Colorado they wanted to take money from the OHV fund and use it to promote "eco-tourism"!!!!!
    They wanted to steal money from OHV registrations to help out with a budget shortfall in the state parks program too. Luckily that leaked out the day before it was supposed to get voted on and was ALL OVER the local boards and within an hour or two all of the email boxes and voicemails were FULL from people calling in to voice our dislike of that idea.

3. #3 Re: What you can do/what they do. 
    Try getting some sort of an OHV sticker program started in a state that doesn't currently have one! Wisconsin has no state-managed OHV area for 4x4s, and only one federally managed one that is a whopping 4 miles long. We've been trying to get something like a sticker/registration program started so that we can have funds to administer for trail development. It's been an uphill battle, and what Blue Ribbon is saying is exactly correct.

The best thing that we can do as OHV recreationalists is to be active politcally. At this point, "letting someone else do it" is not an option, because the greenies are 2 steps ahead of us. We all need to be in the fight!
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

4. #4 Re: What you can do/what they do. 
    I hear ya Ken about the OHV trails in WI. I lived in WI for 18 years and had plenty of
    "offroad vehicles" but I only ever got to play in corn fields and on the ice. Where is the federally managed property? You sparked my curiousity, as I never knew about it.

5. #5 Re: What you can do/what they do. 
    Quote Originally Posted by zsimp View Post
    I hear ya Ken about the OHV trails in WI. I lived in WI for 18 years and had plenty of
    "offroad vehicles" but I only ever got to play in corn fields and on the ice. Where is the federally managed property? You sparked my curiousity, as I never knew about it.
    It's the Pipeline near Lakewood. It's in the National Forest, so the US Forest Service manages it.
    Ken L
    '96 ZJ with stuff

Thread Information