Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Flexy Lexi Trys again

Thread: Flexy Lexi Trys again

1. #1 Flexy Lexi Trys again 
    Well, it all started when i came home with this about two years ago...

1997 Jeep Grand Cherokee with a mystery 5.2, unknown lift, 33" mud terrains and an exploded d30 for $1500. Found out the lift was a Rubicon Express, was told the motor was built, but still not sure on the specs. Has an NP231, SYE, and a whole bunch of weird sensors and air lines.....so i investigated. Upon a visit with Dr.google, i found this picture of my jeeps past life... Among many many many other posts and builds, some of which are by a member MC on here. So my new jeep, downgraded from its Unimogs and 40"s, was ready to be played with.

2. #2 Re: Flexy Lexi Trys again 
    I, in my young dumbness, went through many stages. The first, was i decided i wanted to jump right into an Exo-cage
    I also apparently thought 9" of lift and Ballin' rims was super cool. Then i decided i liked mud.

And that got boring so i thought id give swamps a try...

Crawlin on some silly little cherokees....

3. #3 Re: Flexy Lexi Trys again 
    And, the saddest stage of all, when i put on the donuts and left it to rot in the shed....
    Well, this made me sick to my stomach after realizing what i had done. So it was time to take it all apart, and let Flexi Lexi try again.

4. #4 Re: Flexy Lexi Trys again 
    Started out by finding some new tires.....i got a good deal, so i bought 17 of them. 35X12.5R17s, $38/tire

5. #5 Re: Flexy Lexi Trys again 
    Next, i got rid of the silly exploding gas tank. Ta-da!!
    I wrote up a how-too on gas tank relocation as well http://mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthr...tock-fuel-tank

6. #6 Re: Flexy Lexi Trys again 
    Got this all done (Plus cutting off the jungle gym on the outside) just in time for the first wheeling adventure of the year. I forgot how much i loved jumping things...

Woo poser shots!!

7. #7 Re: Flexy Lexi Trys again 
    Well, after this trip and me almost flopping once, along with a friend of mine rolling it once, i decided it was time for a cage. So that was the next project, I knew i wanted to do a hybrid cage so i got to er'!
    Top section all bent welded and painted
    Rear X

Forklift can lift it, must be strong enough

Oh yeah, made some quarter protectors as well

8. #8 Re: Flexy Lexi Trys again 
    Will get some better cage picks as well as wrap up my 4 link build tomorrow!

Thread Information