Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs

Thread: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Can't say this trip was a successfull one for me. Got there no problem, unpacked, set up camp etc. We started to party a little and decided to run up to camp 1 to hang out for a bit. I'm standing back BSing a little, hear my rig fire up and start bouncing off the rev limiter a little. Which isn't a big deal, happens all the time. Buddy walks up, says he's going back to camp to get more beer and wants to take my rig. So he gets back and does a loop behind an RV. I then see a huge mushroom cloud of smoke! I'm like...someones shit just blew up. Then I noticed...where's my rig?!?!?! Yeah, it was mine. For some reason the radiator decided to POP. It literally exploded! The passenger side of the rad opened up from top to bottom and opened as much as 1.5" near the bottom. So about 2 miles of access road and my rig got to sit at camp all weekend! But still had a great time.

As for trails, our group ran Bunny (not the deep hole though), canyon, v-trail, part of bolder, and corum. We went through, 2 axle shafts, 1 TRE (broke right in half), couple of popped beads, couple of brake issues, 1 locker, and that's it I think! I'll try to get some pics up later.
    "Matt"

2. #2 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    you touched my mirror on sunday and it broke

3. #3 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    oh and the 12am curfew is super gay, and the try to be gone by 4pm on sunday is bullshit too

4. #4 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Quote Originally Posted by 1fox2go View Post
    you touched my mirror on sunday and it broke
    I hardly touched it and it moved...it slid right back into place so it had to of been broken before!

oh and the 12am curfew is super gay, and the try to be gone by 4pm on sunday is bullshit too
    Didn't hear about either one of these. I was gone by 4 on Sunday and that place will never shut down by midnight. It was was 3am on friday night and who knows what time it was on Saturday night!
    "Matt"

5. #5 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    This was Sunday at the drivers meeting, and the mirror wasn't broke before, you dislocated it, jinxed it with your bad luck and it broke on the trail later that day

Did you hear the gulch trail is closed now?

Did that friend of yours get his rig fixed with that tie rod end my dad had? Looking forward to some free shit

6. #6 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Did you hear the gulch trail is closed now?
    Why? Isn't that aka Pennsyltuckian?

Too many loose rocks rolling downhill making it too dangerous?
    Last edited by SirFuego; 04-27-2009 at 02:34 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

7. #7 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Did that friend of yours get his rig fixed with that tie rod end my dad had? Looking forward to some free shit
    Yeah, and he didn't put a cotter pin in it so the castle nut fell off on corum. Took one of his lug nuts off to use on the TRE for him to keep running! lol

Did berk get his rig going again w/ the pitman arm we gave you? We're even!

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    Why? Isn't that aka Pennsyltuckian?
    No, gulch is down past V-trail. P-tucky is next to corum. But no I hadn't heard they shut gulch down. Buddy of ours ran part of it on saturday after he fixed his locker he broke while running with us that morning.
    "Matt"

8. #8 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    My buddy Ed was down there this weekend and said Gulch wasn't closed. Was this a late-Sunday occurence? Or was it "closed" temporarily because of broken rigs left there due to the 30 minute rule?
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

9. #9 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    My buddy Ed was down there this weekend and said Gulch wasn't closed. Was this a late-Sunday occurence? Or was it "closed" temporarily because of broken rigs left there due to the 30 minute rule?
    that'd be my guess, we ran pensyl...whatever and ran into a clusterfawk of broken stuff around there. I'm not to familliar with the trails so we just kinda went where the group went. The CJ broke the throttle cable during starting sun morning so we packed up and left.
    dd - Red '96 5.9 ZJ Limited, 4.5", 33's, hp30/al44, skids, sliders, ARB bumper
    gf's dd - '02 4.7 Ltd. WJ, 2.5" bb, skids n' hooks

1 BAD WGN

10. #10 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    No gulch is closed from now on because the owner didn't like the sediments that the jeeps made running into his lake so its closed for good prolly.

No reemer so we cut off the reemed section of my broken pitman arm and welded it to the new one. Put that on backwords cus I'm dumb so when I turned left I went right. But my steering box blew up so I didn't wheel sunday. So my weekend was only 5 min of trail time saturday and 5 min back to camp that night
    Last edited by berk9; 04-27-2009 at 04:47 PM.

11. #11 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Quote Originally Posted by berk9 View Post
    No gulch is closed from now on because the owner didn't like the sediments that the jeeps made running into his lake so its closed for good prolly.

No reemer so we cut off the reemed section of my broken pitman arm and welded it to the new one. Put that on backwords cus I'm dumb so when I turned left I went right. But my steering box blew up so I didn't wheel sunday. So my weekend was only 5 min of trail time saturday and 5 min back to camp that night

Sucks about Gulch...never got a chance to run it. Sorry your box crapped out. I tried to help w/ what I had. You just going to put in another stock box or upgrade while you're in the process?
    "Matt"

12. #12 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    ....... Lifetime Supporter rstrucks's Avatar
    Too many words, not enough pictures.
    Thank you to those that serve our country.

13. #13 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    matt, hey bro...thanks so much for lending me your steering box bolt. if u want it back i can bring it to you. what would you recomend that i do so that dosnt happen agian.the tabs on the box broke and a bolt. think a brace would be enough? even if i build a brace then i bet ill shear the shaft the pitman arm is on. seems to me hydro assist might be for me. thanks agian man. u saved me! next time im trailering my rig.

14. #14 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish1200 View Post
    matt, hey bro...thanks so much for lending me your steering box bolt. if u want it back i can bring it to you. what would you recomend that i do so that dosnt happen agian.the tabs on the box broke and a bolt. think a brace would be enough? even if i build a brace then i bet ill shear the shaft the pitman arm is on. seems to me hydro assist might be for me. thanks agian man. u saved me! next time im trailering my rig.
    Are you the guy at the top of V trail? If so do you know the xj that broke on the bottom?

15. #15 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Quote Originally Posted by rstrucks View Post
    Too many words, not enough pictures.
    x2!
    Robot

16. #16 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Quote Originally Posted by Fish1200 View Post
    Hey man...I was wondering if you were on here. Not a problem about the bolt. I probably have another one or two out in the garage anyway. If not, I'll grab some from the yard next time I go. Both a brace and hydro assist would help. A 4 bolt box would be great as well.

Are you the guy at the top of V trail? If so do you know the xj that broke on the bottom?
    Yeah, he was at the top of v-trail. The XJ broke the adjuster collar on the draglink sometime early saturday. It was there when we ran it saturday afternoon.
    "Matt"

17. #17 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonWorks View Post
    Hey man...I was wondering if you were on here. Not a problem about the bolt. I probably have another one or two out in the garage anyway. If not, I'll grab some from the yard next time I go. Both a brace and hydro assist would help. A 4 bolt box would be great as well.

Yeah, he was at the top of v-trail. The XJ broke the adjuster collar on the draglink sometime early saturday. It was there when we ran it saturday afternoon.
    If anyone knows the xj tell that dumbass to pull his shit off the trail further. He had a good 3-4 feet he could have backed up more and you dont need to steer to back up straight. We almost hit his shit, thats how I broke my mirror trying not to hit his jeep

18. #18 Re: IceBre[IMG]http://i631.photobucket.com/albums/uu33/zj95maxx2/bakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Wheeling was a great success. It was a bummer we didn't take mine but pat's rig did god damn sweet.
    pats wrangler and the range rover was the crew we road up with.

First, the damage.

Berks pitman arm

Pats power steering line blew

we got that fixed pretty fast though

ranger rover started out brand new, not anymore

now to the pics

We have TONS of pics and a video of pat on the hard shit at the end. That will come soon.

Great weekend of wheeling

95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

19. #19 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

20. #20 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    We almost hit his shit, thats how I broke my mirror trying not to hit his jeep
    The guy with the welder at our camp (Zack) also broke his mirror off coming back down V trying to get past him.
    "Matt"

21. #21 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    yea he was close to the trail. i was lucky to get mine off as far as i did with no coolant or steering. thanks agian man. see u in june.

what would be a good 4 bolt box? off a wj? or r dakota/darango boxes 4 bolt?

do u guys know the rating on V trail?

22. #22 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    V trail is a 6.

Here are some vids from my buddies:
    Josh taking Bob up KGB (High Quality) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSf4wRlOiAI
    Josh taking Bob up KGB (High Definition) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77OwoTKo1EY
    Jake taking the Amish Jeep up KGB (High Quality) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZHECXsX9aE
    Jake taking the Amish Jeep up KGB (High Definition) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9p4cXHO2Icw
    Robot

23. #23 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    I believe V-trail is actually a 7...not that it matters much.

The guys in the videos you posted part of WNY?
    "Matt"

24. #24 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Yah.

I was going by the big dogs website where it has V trail as a 6.
    Robot

25. #25 Re: IceBreakers '09 - Bigdogs 
    Yah.

I was going by the big dogs website where it has V trail as a 6.
    Cool...than I stand corrected.

Who else has pics damn it? Yes, I'm just as guilty...I'll try to get some up later tonight.
    "Matt"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information