Thread: Tellico CLOSED

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    http://rapidshare.com/files/20728544...ter_Points.doc

a little more documentation arguing our side for reference in your letters^
    97 V8 zj.
    35"KM2s.aussies,4.88s,full chromos,1 ton hi steer in the 44/8.8.KOR/Clayton longarms.
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//sh...ad.php?t=17603

03 Cobra with horsepowers

2. #27 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    bump..

3 days left! 30 days from beginning of comment period is Sunday, so letters must be postmarked by Saturday. The cutoff for letter generator is Sunday.

Please write if you have not already.

3. #28 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post

Please write if you have not already.
    Please write even if you have written one before.

4. #29 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

5. #30 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    son of a bitch! just saw this on pirate.

6. #31 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    Thanks to everyone that wrote. If for nothing else, I personally appreciate your time.

7. #32 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    Found this over on pirate, looks sfwda is looking to pursue a legal route. You can donate to the cause at www.sfwda.org.

The Southern Four Wheel Drive Association (SFWDA), the BlueRibbon Coalition (BRC) and United Four Wheel Drive Associations (UFWDA) expressed disappointment today in the Forest Service decision to implement the emergency closure of the Upper Tellico OHV trails on April 1, pending review of the many substantive comments made by OHV enthusiasts.

Gary Parsons, President of SFWDA, said, "We are very disappointed in the Forest Service decision to close the Upper Tellico OHV trails. In formal comments made to the Forest Service, the OHV community and other interested parties clearly demonstrated that such a closure has no scientific basis. Substantive comments provided to the Forest Service included findings of an independent study completed by Caliber Engineering and the recommendations from a report completed by the Forest Service's own Trails Unlimited Team. This is a bad decision and we are left with no other alternative but to pursue legal options."

Carla Boucher, legal counsel for the United Four Wheel Drive Associations, stated, "The Forest Service has failed to make the case with regard to adverse effects and resource damage. There is no immediate threat to public health, safety, or other requisite finding required by such an order. Water quality standards cited by the Forest Supervisor as the basis for such an order are not being exceeded." Boucher added, "In making this decision, the Forest Service must be prepared to explain why similar findings have not been made in the decades of greater environmental impact and they simply have not done that."

Greg Mumm, BRC's Executive Director, stated, "Implementing this closure order threatens the integrity of the ongoing planning process in which the interested public and our federal government have collectively invested significant time and resources."

Mumm concluded, "The economic impact of this closure will be devastating to the area and comes at a time when the current administration is calling for more jobs, economic development, and healthy outdoor recreation. It makes no sense."
    link to article: http://www.sharetrails.org/releases/media/?story=638

link to thread on pirate: http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=775388

8. #33 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    Donate, Donate, Donate!

And keep up to date with what SFWDA is doing, they have not stopped fighting.
    www.grandslamsoutheast.com
    SOLD: 98 ZJ, 6" Long Armed, Locked 33" MTR, HP 9" and HP D30
    My Build Thread
    94 YJ, tons and 40s, no leafs, 5.3/4L60e
    04.5 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4, Smarty Jr

9. #34 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    www.grandslamsoutheast.com
    SOLD: 98 ZJ, 6" Long Armed, Locked 33" MTR, HP 9" and HP D30
    My Build Thread
    94 YJ, tons and 40s, no leafs, 5.3/4L60e
    04.5 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4, Smarty Jr

10. #35 Re: Tellico CLOSED 
    Yeah I did an environmental project on Tellico for college and it doesn’t look good for our side of things. Things I heard made it sound like most of it was the park serves fault because they made trails within 100 feet of water ways and they made twice as many trails as the state supposedly let them in the contract. They don’t have the man power to do the necessary preventative maintenance that was required on the contract with the state. other bull shit is about the native fish and that they did research on the offroad impact on the fish and found that when we weren’t allowed to wheel, the fish population started to come back but what they didn’t say was that they also prevented them from being fished at the same damn time to make it look even more like it was our fault.Not sure if everything i said is exactly true but thats what my research led me to believe and there are also many other aspects im not touching on as well.

Only got to go once as a passenger and it was bad ass, sux i wont ever get to wheel it in my rig

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information