Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

the official newb intro thread

Thread: the official newb intro thread

Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. #1 the official newb intro thread 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    It seems many people have been using the Jeep Journals forum as a newb introduction spot. The Jeep Journals forum was originally designed to be a section of tech-heavy diaries on building rigs, and with the newb intros it's polluting the waters a bit so to say.

So from here on out, use this thread to introduce yourself. Any intro threads somewhere else will be merged with this one.

2. #2 Re: Hello- I'm a NOOB! 
    hey I'm Tate. I like long walks on the beach..j/k I'm a total NOOB to the Jeep world but have been into trucks & Chevys for awhile now. I'm on GMFullsize & a mod on TexasRebelTrucks.
    I just bought a 78' Wagoneer with an Izusu diesel in it,D44's,3"lift-- but very unhappy with it. I'm about to buy a ZJ & thought I'd learn something from yall! Feel free to let me know if I'm going all wrong on something!

Plans are a 96 ZJ Laredo. 4" Rough Country kit w/ 2" spacers & Bushwacker cutouts. I'm think this will clear some 35"LTBs or 33"s for sure. I know the 30/35 wont handle a WHOLE lot so I'll stay around this tire height.

Will 15x10's be ok on this or 15x8's what I need? Thanks & looking forward to hanging with the Jeep guys!

Thought I'd throw in a pic of my current truck.
    Last edited by tatez71; 02-01-2009 at 06:34 PM. Reason: forgot pics

1995 ZJ Orvis 5.2- 3"bodylift, 24" chrome spinners,a K&N sticker (adds 5hp).

3. #3 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    umm, 30/35 won't handle the 33s, much less 35s
    97 V8 zj.
    35"KM2s.aussies,4.88s,full chromos,1 ton hi steer in the 44/8.8.KOR/Clayton longarms.
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//sh...ad.php?t=17603

03 Cobra with horsepowers

4. #4 Re: Hello- I'm a NOOB! 
    Rawr Lifetime Supporter jfowlzj95's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tatez71 View Post
    I just bought a 78' Wagoneer with an Izusu diesel in it,D44's,3"lift-- but very unhappy with it.
    Was wondering who's Waggy that is. My buddy lives in that neighborhood, he has the green Willys TJ on 33s and I've got the white ZJ thats usually over there.
    Jon

95 ZJ, it gone.
    07 Cummins Fire Truck, it tow.
    76 J-10, 'Heep' Jeep.
    06 Boobicon, it wheel.

5. #5 Re: Hello- I'm a NOOB! 
    Quote Originally Posted by jfowlzj95 View Post
    Was wondering who's Waggy that is. My buddy lives in that neighborhood, he has the green Willys TJ on 33s and I've got the white ZJ thats usually over there.
    haha crazy. Saw you the other day on Wellborn & your pretty much the reason I'm going ZJ! Yea thats my sisters house that my Wagons at.

I plan on swapping/gearing new axles after I break the 30/35. Gotta have a little fun with it before I rip it out though. I am nearly certified in welding & have a little shop so I'll def. be ripping stuff out but for now I wanna test the limits.

1995 ZJ Orvis 5.2- 3"bodylift, 24" chrome spinners,a K&N sticker (adds 5hp).

6. #6 Re: Hello- I'm a NOOB! 
    Rawr Lifetime Supporter jfowlzj95's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tatez71 View Post
    haha crazy. Saw you the other day on Wellborn & your pretty much the reason I'm going ZJ!
    Aww I feel special.

Haha
    Jon

95 ZJ, it gone.
    07 Cummins Fire Truck, it tow.
    76 J-10, 'Heep' Jeep.
    06 Boobicon, it wheel.

7. #7 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Im a Jeep Newb and a friend of Tates, saving for an XJ. Im a sophomore at Texas A&M and I work in a machine shop for the Nuclear Engineering Department for the University. Lookin for a sub $1000 XJ and ill be swappin in a set of locked 44's, that will be my project for the summer.

Heres what i drive currently, 02 RCSB Z71, 6+3 on 35's

8. #8 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    tate-
    get that waggy out from behind my house.. teasing me right outside my window

when we doin some good ol fashioned fightin texas aggie wheelin
    whoop!
    1998 Nissan Quest GXE
    3.9L......other stuff...... like a sunroof.......

2005 TJ Willys

9. #9 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Holy crap that's a lot of Aggies! I'll be there in fall '09!

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33
    Its a jeep, it doesn't have to make sense.

10. #10 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    hell yeah man! thats awesome, theres a group for everything down here, you will love it!
    2002 Silverado RCSB Z71
    6+3 on 35's

11. #11 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Freakin Aggies Jon sell him your J20 D44 nice and local!
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

12. #12 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    hi. I have been exposed to over the top redneck trucks my entire life living in the boones of indiana. Naturally at some point I decided I wanted a 4x4 and so here I am. I got an xj based on what I saw my friend's do at the badlands, even though I dont intend to off road it.

I like knowing I can if I have to though.

13. #13 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Since I am a Newb to here, I figure I had better introduce myself, since it appears that EVERYONE ELSE :cough: has done it too (11 people?)

My name is Colin, and I own a WJ.....
    My Wife's name is Sarah, and she own a ZJ.....

The WJ has a basic boring 2" BB with a Mopar reuseable air filter, Auto-Max weld in performance muffler, Hella 500's and Charger Lime Green emblems and lime green lettered tires.

The ZJ is a 98 Model TSi, It has a pieced together (because the PO was a moron) 3-5" lift, Adjustable front track bar, relocated rear track bar, extended sway bar end links, 16" alloy wheels with Ebay special Mud tires. It was rolled in December and finally goes in for paint this weekend (03-07-09)

We haven't been off-road with them yet as the roll over accident has her freaked out about crawling. Someday we'll get there since we have 3 young chidren that all love Jeeps too (I can send a copy of our Christmas card picture if you want with all 4 jeeps)

We live in Burnsville/Savage Minnesota but hope to get out of the trailer ASAP! I work at FedEx throwing boxes PT in the mornings, then I sell parts for Restaurant and food service equipment during the day. Exciting huh?

14. #14 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by MeWJWifeZJ View Post

The WJ has a basic boring 2" BB with a Mopar reuseable air filter, Auto-Max weld in performance muffler, Hella 500's and Charger Lime Green emblems and lime green lettered tires.

What???!!!!
    Krash80: And my trailer weighs 8,000 lbs empty.
    CurtP: What does your house have to do with any of this?

The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much, it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little.
    ~Franklin D. Roosevelt

15. #15 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanA View Post
    What???!!!!

Hand painted none the less, they get a lot of attention, especially the tires. "Where did you find a tire with green letters?" is a very common question, and they get even more confused when I tell them that I made them.

16. #16 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    aaaaah ha!

17. #17 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Newb from Oregon here with a 97 ZJ 5.2, 5 inch lift on 33's. Own a fabrication and machine shop and make a lot of hot rod parts but i am getting board after 20 years and the jeep is something different. I could figure out how to fix things as i break them and the bolt in swap upgrades but why invent a wheel that is already rolling. So I am here to pick your brains! And maybe eat a few........

18. #18 New user saying hi 
    New to the boards. I have a 96 Grand Cherokee Laredeo with a 5.2 and 3,5 inch lift. Look forward to talking to you on the boards

19. #19 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Hi everyone,
    New guy here, been hanging around Mallcrawlin for a little while just reading. A lot of nice rigs on here, top work to you all.

Anyways Im Ryan from Queensland in Australia. I own a 96 ZJ(ZG here in aus built in Graz Austria). I run a RE superflex 3.5 with full adjustable arms on 32x11.5 Maxxis bighorn and 33x10.5 Simex extreeme trekker(play). As the steering and panhards run opposite to your ZJ's I have custom front and rear. TJ 297X axles with Lockrite front and super 35 with detroit rear. Custom front tailshaft and I have put in a 242J transfer. Bit crappy that every mod I want to do has to be shipped from the states(costly). ZJ's quite rare done up in Aus probably less than 10 but quite a few XJ and TJ's. Dont worry I'm showing them that the grands can play hard too.
    Here's a poser shot

Future plans include front and rear tube bars, ZJ bushwackers, bigger tyres on my small lift.
    We have very strict vehicle compliance laws and very bad policing so Long arms are a big no no.
    Last edited by ShadoZJ; 04-04-2009 at 06:57 PM.

20. #20 new guy 
    Hey everyone,

My name is Ian and I am from Toronto, I normally post on JeepKings but someone reffered me here for some more Grand specific stuff..

I have a 93 ZJ 4.0 that I have had for about a year now. I've been busy getting her ready for this summer to wheel.

Currently I have added skid plates from the 5.9l to my jeep as well as lifted it 3" with a skyjacker kit. I have some 33" goodyear MTR's I want to run this season but I dont think I have enough lift to road with them. Might have to just stick with my 31's for now..

21. #21 Re: new guy 
    Quote Originally Posted by blueZJ View Post
    Might have to just cut the shit out of my fenders for now..
    Welcome
    Project Never-ending
    1997 ZJ - sold
    www.tntcustoms.com

22. #22 Re: new guy 
    Ok, who the fuck keeps letting the damn Canadians in here???

Eat shit, welcome to Mallcrawlin!
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    PS...to my knowledge i was not anally raped...but i did have some strange shits the next day.

I pay taxes so the government can pay for a bunch of white trash and shitbag illegals to have free medical care/welfare. Lovely.

23. #23 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Hello people. Not a noob to jeeps nor forums. Came from JF and PGH offroad so some of you may know my antics.

Got a 04 WJ Overland stock. Had a built up XJ before.

See ya around.

24. #24 Re: the official newb intro thread 
    Hey Y'all New to the sight. Proud owner of a 2000 Jeep WJ "the soccer rocker" custom front and rear bumpers waren 9k winch up front rock crawler 8.5 in lift, 33" pro comp XMT's
    Last edited by scout331; 06-05-2009 at 12:18 AM.
    MALON-LABE!

25. #25 Re: new guy 
    Quote Originally Posted by dasVettemeister View Post
    Ok, who the fuck keeps letting the damn Canadians in here???

Eat shit, welcome to Mallcrawlin!

Eh?
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

Page 1 of 32 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Thread Information