Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project White Noise

Thread: Project White Noise

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Project White Noise 
    I have been lurking around here for a while now and I figured it was time to introduce my rig. I am calling it White Noise because I have almost 170k on it now and with time every jeep seems to begin to make its own unique “sounds” (right now my lifters are clicking), and right after I bought the jeep I put a Flowmaster on it, so I thought the name was fitting.

I bought this 1993, white, 4.slow ZJ in September 1999 with 99k on it. It was my DD and remained stock until I was out of school for a few years. In college I bought a Tahoe, and that became my DD and the ZJ sat silent for a while. I would post more pictures below of my rig (because I am sure no one has seen a 93 ZJ on 31” tires! ) but my hard drive crashed a few months ago, and I was only able to recover some of my pictures.

Finally I got the itch and it was time to start modifying the jeep in 2007. The jeep was still my secondary vehicle so I decided to keep the lift mild. Instead of a budget boost, I went with the OME 1” Heavy Duty springs and shocks. The lift netted me about 2” of lift. Before I put on the 31” Trxus M/Ts I trimmed the front plastic facia. After the trim I put on the Trxus M/Ts on 15x8 Cragger Soft 8’s.
    (Poser pick, I know)

I decided I needed some front tow point so I went with KOR’s radiator support. I also went ahead and trimmed the front plastic facia all the way around.

Well then, after all of the mods I did, some punk kid thought I needed a few other mods

And then the day after I got that fixed, he decided I needed a few other mods

Well I got everything else fixed (as best as I wanted it fixed), but I needed more room in the cargo area so I decided to get KOR’s roof mounted spare tire carrier, along with the Hi-Lift attachment. I also added a CB, and painted the front “chrome” grill flat black. I also added a sticker to the side and immediately gained like 15% more horsepower!

Future plans:

Well the lift bug has gotten me so I am in the process of assembling a RE 3.5” superflex kit and I am going to upgrade to all 8 adjustable arms, and I am thinking about adding 1” spacers also

KOR sliders

T-case skid

Gas tank skid

Roof light bar with 4 Hella 500s

And…?
    Last edited by BigClay; 01-13-2009 at 07:10 PM.

2. #2 Re: Project White Noise 
    Nice ZJ, keep us updated and beat some kids up.
    Kamil...ka-meal

04 WJ Limited 4.7L V8 QTII/ MX6 shocks/IRO 3" coil springs/ 265/75/16 Maxxis Bighorns/ Cragar Soft 8s/ Addco RSB/ JKS Supernerf/ JKS Discos/ JKS Adj. TB/ Rancho SS/ K&N/ 4.56 gears/ rear Aussie locker/ RSS front diff cover/ Magnaflow

3. #3 Re: Project White Noise 
    For real, id be sitting out there with my 12ga waiting to see if they come back and try again... Good looking Jeep though.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

4. #4 Re: Project White Noise 
    Love the white ZJ's- the paint on these things is something to be desired. Redd interior? man, I'm sorry, lol. Looks alot like mine. Disrespectful little punks- Portland has had groups of kids running around slashing tires- if I see a kid near my tires with a knife, I'm grabbing the rifle!!
    93' ZJ, 4.0L, 3" lift, 31's.. SOLD.
    New Ride- 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4, 4.0L, 5-Speed, 4x4.
    NEW JOB!!!!! NEW BABY!!!!
    Now considering another XJ/WJ/ZJ purchase as a baby mover- No room in the Ranger.
    Leaning towards XJ, 99-01.....

5. #5 Re: Project White Noise 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosed76 View Post
    Love the white ZJ's- the paint on these things is something to be desired. Redd interior? man, I'm sorry, lol. Looks alot like mine. Disrespectful little punks- Portland has had groups of kids running around slashing tires- if I see a kid near my tires with a knife, I'm grabbing the rifle!!
    Yeah my least favorite thing about the heep is the red interior, but I was still in high school when I bought it, the price was right, so I bought it. I am thankful the little fawkers didn't slash my tires, because I am not sure if insurance would have covered that.

6. #6 Re: Project White Noise 
    damn ugly exgirlfriends they always seem to get back in some form or fashion.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

7. #7 Re: Project White Noise 
    Senior Member GSSW Planner chadjans's Avatar
    Another Tuna Boat!

8. #8 Re: Project White Noise 
    Quote Originally Posted by slim616 View Post
    damn ugly exgirlfriends
    Nothing a light switch can't fix!

9. #9 Re: Project White Noise 
    badass jeep sorry to hear bout what the little bastards did to the rig
    No longer a JeepTech01 fan.

Just boobs.

And biggoofy.

And ELLLLLIOTTTTT................I think..........Yup and ELLLLLIOTTTTT.

10. #10 Re: Project White Noise 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
    Yeah my least favorite thing about the heep is the red interior, but I was still in high school when I bought it, the price was right, so I bought it. I am thankful the little fawkers didn't slash my tires, because I am not sure if insurance would have covered that.
    hell, if insurance will pay for it- I'll slash my own tires!!
    Now considering another XJ/WJ/ZJ purchase as a baby mover- No room in the Ranger.

11. #11 Re: Project White Noise 
    Quote Originally Posted by chadjans View Post
    Another Tuna Boat!
    I saw your Tuna Boat, that rig is nice, I doubt mine will ever get there, but I can always dream!

12. #12 Re: Project White Noise 
    Question. I am piecing together my RE 3.5" Superflex kit, and I was wondering if it is worth forking over some additional cash and buying all adjustable control arms. Is it worth it to have all 8 control arms adjustable or is it a waste of money?

13. #13 Re: Project White Noise 
    Finally got a new bumper today.

Here is the heep before

Then, I thought it would be a simple bolt on, but I was wrong

I also didn't think about the KOR rad support being in the way, but it was, but I got that taken care of by finding some longer bolts

Then after using a BFH I got it all in line

And here is how she looks now, I think it turned out awesome

14. #14 Re: Project White Noise 
    damn, looks like a real deer killer!!

15. #15 Re: Project White Noise 
    I would have taken a few minutes to hit that bumper with a fresh coat of paint before installing, but the rest of your paint looks like shit so at least it matches!

How you liking the trxus? I used to have a set and really liked them.
    2000 WJ - Stroked, Locked & Long Armed
    2006 XK 2" RC & 31" AT's

16. #16 Re: Project White Noise 
    damn, looks like a real deer killer!!
    It is funny that you say that because I bought if from a guy that actually hit a deer with his ZJ (with this bumper on it), it totaled the jeep, but the bumper was completely fine!

17. #17 Re: Project White Noise 
    Quote Originally Posted by rradford9 View Post
    I would have taken a few minutes to hit that bumper with a fresh coat of paint before installing, but the rest of your paint looks like shit so at least it matches!

How you liking the trxus? I used to have a set and really liked them.
    I thought about painting it, but I really didn't have the patience, I wanted to get it on as fast as I could, plus as you can see, paint really isn't a big concern for me!

I love the trxus. They are a great off raod tire and snow tire. I also drive this jeep on the road a lot, and everyone that rides with is surprised how quiet they are.

18. #18 Re: Project White Noise 
    Quote Originally Posted by BigClay View Post
    It is funny that you say that because I bought if from a guy that actually hit a deer with his ZJ (with this bumper on it), it totaled the jeep, but the bumper was completely fine!
    lol, thats awesome. should put a little white stencil deer on the side like a bomber...

19. #19 Re: Project White Noise 
    lol, thats awesome. should put a little white stencil deer on the side like a bomber...
    Thats is an awesome idea! I ithnk I may have to run by Gander Mountain and pick one up.

20. #20 Re: Project White Noise 
    Well 13 hours and a few cuss words later, the RE 3.5” Superflex lift is on! I didn’t really know what to expect because this was my first full lift I have ever installed. Luckily I had a friend there to help me out. He was more of a CJ guy so we kinda learned as we went. I wanted to take more pictures than I did, but when you get in a rhythm of installing, you really don’t want to break it by taking pictures. Here are the ones I did take.

We started 8am Saturday morning. Here are some pictures of the ZJ with the OME lift on it.

I have heard the front is more difficult than the rear, so we started on the front first.

I quickly learned that this was my new best friend

We could not get two of the lower control arm bolts out, they were rusted to the rubber and would not budge even after two days of spraying them with the Aerokroil. We had to cut them off and head to the local hardware store to get two new grade 8 bolts and nuts. By far I think the hardest part of the entire install was trying to get the front axle centered. We finally got it close and installed the KOR front adjustable track bar.

At the end of Saturday we had the front end installed and all that remained was bleeding the brakes. I also didn’t have all of the parts I needed for the front quick disconnects, so right now they are just bolted together, and the disconnects will come later.

Sunday morning we started by bleeding the brakes, and started taking apart the rear end. I only took one picture of the rear installation because we were really just trying to finish everything up so we could enjoy some of the weekend (out from under the jeep that is).

I ordered the wrong heim joint for the rear track bar, so for now the stock rear is in there. I am not sure if I am going to replace it because the axle is really not that far out of center.

We had the rear end together, and after a short test drive around the block I drove the jeep home around 2pm Sunday. The drive home was fun because the steering wheel was all off center, and I felt like I was all over the road. After I got home I changed cloths and took the jeep to get aligned. I was under the impression that the alignment would fix the steering wheel, but apparently not, because the jeep is aligned, but this is the way the steering wheel is turned for the wheels to be straight

How can I fix this?

Well here are some after shots. It was getting dark so they are not the best quality. I will get more this weekend.

All in all I netted two additional inches above the OME lift, so I am sitting about four inches over stock right now. First impressions of the lift are good, and I can’t wait to see how the flex improves. The only drawback is I can really tell a difference on the road, it now feels like driving a lifted jeep. I guess I got spoiled with the ride quality and handling of the OME lift, but I will get use to it.

21. #21 Re: Project White Noise 
    you can fix the steeringwheel by taking it to an alignment shop. they will adjust your drag link to re center it.

22. #22 Re: Project White Noise 
    Quote Originally Posted by sandman View Post
    you can fix the steeringwheel by taking it to an alignment shop. they will adjust your drag link to re center it.

nah, don't pay someone else to do it, you can do it yourself.

just loosen the nuts on the drag link adjustment sleeve and twist it a bit until your wheel is straight again.

23. #23 Re: Project White Noise 
    What really suxs is that was the way the steering wheel was after I took it to an alignment shop. I am just pissed they didn't fix it while they had it on the rack. In my opinion I would not let a customer leave my shop with something like that still wrong

24. #24 Re: Project White Noise 
    Take it back and tell them to fix it! I had big O align my 3 times before they got it right...and in the end i didn't even pay for it.

25. #25 Re: Project White Noise 
    The shop should have done it for you- thats part of an alignment- centering the steering wheel. Unless there wasn't enough adjustment to turn it 180*, but I doubt it. I'd take it back and make them do it right. Did they at least give you a print-out to show what the angles were? Who aligned it?

Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Thread Information