Thread: 242 Shift Issues

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: 242 Shift Issues 
    The class retard Lifetime Supporter ajmorell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanMan View Post
    You sure do seem to like giving other people your money.

What's that supposed to mean?

I guess I should have rephrased what the plan for the motor is. I'm going to pull it over spring break, put it on the engine stand and determine exactly what went wrong. If it was in the bottom end of the motor most likely I will go the stroker route. If not I'll probably just rebuild it and run it.

2. #27 Re: 242 Shift Issues 
    well if you go stroker or v8 keep us posted
    96 ZJ, Black, 5.2, Auto, 242 Swap, D30 D44a, 3.5 inch lift and 2 inch poly boost 5.5 inches total lift, 33/12.5/15 BFG MTs on Chrome steelies

3. #28 Re: 242 Shift Issues 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter TrojanMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ajmorell View Post
    What's that supposed to mean?

I guess I should have rephrased what the plan for the motor is. I'm going to pull it over spring break, put it on the engine stand and determine exactly what went wrong. If it was in the bottom end of the motor most likely I will go the stroker route. If not I'll probably just rebuild it and run it.

It means every time you've mentioned anything in this thread you've been paying someone else for it. Fixing the radiator hose, diagnosing the engine problem, buying a stroker.. come on man, buy a wrench set and do it yourself. You'll get way more satisfaction out of the engine.
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ
    This thread proves that wheeling is better than the internet.
    Weavsworld: i dont know shit about MC, i just make it work

4. #29 Re: 242 Shift Issues 
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanMan View Post
    It means every time you've mentioned anything in this thread you've been paying someone else for it. Fixing the radiator hose, diagnosing the engine problem, buying a stroker.. come on man, buy a wrench set and do it yourself. You'll get way more satisfaction out of the engine.

Never paid anyone to fix the radiator hose, not sure where you read that. As for the engine - I was 99% it as toast but being as I've never been through this before so I wasn't sure. If I can get someone to help me out building a stroker then I would/will go that route, but I know I can't do it on my own seeing as I've only ever been into a motor 1 time and that was a SBC. Not sure what else you could possibly be referring to, looking at my Jeep, there really isn't a thing on that I haven't worked on or done to it.

5. #30 Re: 242 Shift Issues 
    Andy, are you in GR or are you back up in Houghton? Where is your ZJ?

Let me know if I can help at all. You never called/PM'd on the 242 chain replacement

-Tim

6. #31 Re: 242 Shift Issues 
    Quote Originally Posted by EMTimZJ View Post
    Andy, are you in GR or are you back up in Houghton? Where is your ZJ?

Let me know if I can help at all. You never called/PM'd on the 242 chain replacement

-Tim
    Currently back in Houghton, ZJ is in GR. I will be pulling the motor over spring break (second week of March) if you're interested in helping, I can give you a call. As for the t-case, I got so caught up with other shit that I just ended up taking it somewhere to have it done. I would've liked to have done it myself but just didn't have the time.

7. #32 Re: 242 Shift Issues 
    lol chevy motors are great, you just throw all the parts under the hood, close it up, and turn the key, and your ready to rock
    96 ZJ, Black, 5.2, Auto, 242 Swap, D30 D44a, 3.5 inch lift and 2 inch poly boost 5.5 inches total lift, 33/12.5/15 BFG MTs on Chrome steelies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information