Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' - Page 2

Thread: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet'

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: My Budget Build - 1993 ZJ 
    I was in my buddys lexus at the time, or else I would have.

Tomorrow I'm heading back up to salem for summer classes. I'll definately hit up ma bell sometime this summer, though.

2. #27 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    so i finished the back bumper, and installed it today. i also fixed the smashed tail light, installed a tj gas tank bezel, and painted the gas tank skid. pics tomorrow hopefully. oh and im waiting on my kor radiator support, hopefully its here soon...

3. #28 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Did you have to go through the trunk of the zj to get the gas door off for the tj bezel?

4. #29 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    Did you have to go through the trunk of the zj to get the gas door off for the tj bezel?
    you know, i probably should have, but i just cut it off as close to the body as i could, and folded it back in. it was quicker that way...

5. #30 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    so i finally got a picture of the bumper, as well as some wheeling pics. full report in the trips section.

6. #31 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    notice this an old tread, but i noticed the gas station pic, thats in groton near the center, mobile right, i live on the townsend mass, border, lets get a ride going

7. #32 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    yeah, i havent updated in a month, wow. i went wheeling once since then, nothing exciting for me, but the 2 cherokees i was with broke fairly bad. heres a link to the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPpkx...e=channel_page (NWS)
    the heeps got a wicked death wobble since then though, and ive been too busy with work/the farm to fix it.

but ill start a thread next time were going wheeling, or pm me if youre headed out.
    Last edited by CTeunuch; 08-03-2009 at 07:37 PM. Reason: videos a little profane...

8. #33 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    so its been a little over a month now, and i've got some stuff done. i swapped in an hp30 with 3.55's, rusty's front and jks rear adjustable track bars, heavy duty steering stabilizer, i traded my t-case skid for a set of 33" bfg at's on steelies from a friend, and picked up an 8.8 with 3.55's this past weekend. i dont have a camera right now, so no pics, but hopefully i can get some this weekend. i want to go bigger next year, with some 35/36's. what are people's opinions on sx's vs irocs vs ltb's? i do mostly rocks and muddy trails.

9. #34 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    I am not a big fan at all of Iroks on the east coast. My front tires are pretty worn out, but some of my other friends run them and I'm still not impressed with them at all. With the exception of sticky tires, I've yet to see any tires perform better than the SXs or LTBs here. I personally can't think of any trail/obstacle I've run (Rausch Creek, Big Dogs, Rock Run, etc.) where I would prefer to run Iroks. SXs are probably a bit stronger, but the LTBs are still a damn tough tire. Iroks are definitely more road friendly.

If you intend to run them on a dana 30, I would recommend the 35" LTBs because, speaking from experience, 36s are really pushing the limits of a dana 30. Plus the LTBs are probably cheaper. Mine is trussed, chromo'd, and R&P cryo'd and that made the carrier/crosspin the weak point. I suppose if you cryo'd your carrier, got a hardened crosspin, or get a carrier replacement locker, it might hold up a bit better -- but if you have any intention of beating on it, don't be surprised if something gives way eventually. If you are easy on your rig, I would probably polish the 30 and have fun with it.
    Last edited by SirFuego; 09-20-2009 at 09:07 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

10. #35 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Hope you have more luck with the crustys track bar than I did.

11. #36 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    I run 34 LTBs on my 30 with a Limited Slip, I'm not hard on it, but I put it thru its paces. They by far the best tire I've run under any jeep I've owned. This is my 3rd set.

Rick

12. #37 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    I am not a big fan at all of Iroks on the east coast. My front tires are pretty worn out, but some of my other friends run them and I'm still not impressed with them at all. With the exception of sticky tires, I've yet to see any tires perform better than the SXs or LTBs here. I personally can't think of any trail/obstacle I've run (Rausch Creek, Big Dogs, Rock Run, etc.) where I would prefer to run Iroks. SXs are probably a bit stronger, but the LTBs are still a damn tough tire. Iroks are definitely more road friendly.

If you intend to run them on a dana 30, I would recommend the 35" LTBs because, speaking from experience, 36s are really pushing the limits of a dana 30. Plus the LTBs are probably cheaper. Mine is trussed, chromo'd, and R&P cryo'd and that made the carrier/crosspin the weak point. I suppose if you cryo'd your carrier, got a hardened crosspin, or get a carrier replacement locker, it might hold up a bit better -- but if you have any intention of beating on it, don't be surprised if something gives way eventually. If you are easy on your rig, I would probably polish the 30 and have fun with it.
    thats what id heard about the irocs, they just arent an east coast tire. im leaning towards the 34 or 35" ltbs, mainly because of cost and to keep within the limits of my 30. i was reading about how you blew yours up, that sucks. im figuring i'll narrow an hp44 next year for the front, instead of throwing money at the 30. how far are you from western mass? ive been wanting to run old florida rd, we should try and meet up there one weekend before it gets too cold.

Quote Originally Posted by leeanderthal View Post
    Hope you have more luck with the crustys track bar than I did.
    what problems did you have? my mount kept loosening up, no matter how much i tightened it, or how much locktite i used, so i said f it and welded it in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Gb02WJ View Post
    Hey do you ever wheel at MA Bell?
    yeah i was there a few weeks ago. i love the trail but its a 2+ hour drive for me, so i dont make it there too much. where are you from?

13. #38 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CTeunuch View Post
    how far are you from western mass? ive been wanting to run old florida rd, we should try and meet up there one weekend before it gets too cold.
    I'm about 5 hrs from the NY/MA border if I take 90 the whole way from the Buffalo area. I'm still mulling over what to do about my front axle, but if I decide to just sell everything off (it's actually a great setup for someone that doesn't wheel their rig like it's a buggy) I'd be done wheeling for the year.
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

14. #39 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Just dropping in on the conversation guys, Im in eastern NY 45 mins away from North Adams it takes me just under 2 hrs to get to Mabell. Used to have a ZJ but now im wheeling an XJ on 35s. Ill keep an eye on this thread to see when you guys go out as ive been to ofr and mabell numerous times and always like to hit them up......
    Josh

98 XJ low and slow on 35s

http://www.rok-freekz.com

15. #40 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Nice to see another cheap home build.
    Dan- '93 ZJ ,4.0, 249 TC(soon to be 231), open 30/open 35, 3.5" lift, 32x11.50x15s, sliders, KO radiator support, KCs and trimmed.

16. #41 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirsch98ZJ View Post
    Just dropping in on the conversation guys, Im in eastern NY 45 mins away from North Adams it takes me just under 2 hrs to get to Mabell. Used to have a ZJ but now im wheeling an XJ on 35s. Ill keep an eye on this thread to see when you guys go out as ive been to ofr and mabell numerous times and always like to hit them up......
    hey, were thinking of running either ofr or mabell in a couple weeks. whats the minmum you want to be running lift/tire wise for ofr?

also, a few pics from this weekend.

17. #42 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    so not much is new. been working 7 days a week for the past month, so not much time for the ol' pos. i threw some lights on because the factory headlights suck. also bought the IRO almost alloys to try and keep the 30 alive until i finish the hp44.

the almost alloys tacked on

finished and painted. thought id do gold for that pimp my ride touch.

a little gift from the local bar.

18. #43 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Sorry i never saw your post but min for OFR would probably be 33s and one locker. If you want to try it without expect to pull some cable in a couple spots. Look out for the water crossing at the end too, it swallowed my 35s when i was there this spring.
    Josh

98 XJ low and slow on 35s

http://www.rok-freekz.com

19. #44 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Project toilet sucks.
    Think Twice Garage

20. #45 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Quote Originally Posted by squashman702 View Post
    Project toilet sucks.
    while this may be an accurate statement, at least it gets wheeled.

21. #46 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Quote Originally Posted by CTeunuch View Post
    while this may be an accurate statement, at least it gets wheeled.
    Project vagina wagon is sitting in VT. I can only drive one Jeep at once!
    Think Twice Garage

22. #47 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    PS I found a bunch of "shift boots" on ebay so that both of our rigs will be properly equipped for the trail.
    Think Twice Garage

23. #48 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    the toilet is dead. its been replaced with this:

plans are similar, ~4", the tsl's, and some armor. the xj has the d44 rear and 3.73's, so i'll probably lock the rear, or maybe just be cheap and weld it. its got a nice knock, so the HO out of the toilet will get freshened up and dropped in. i just cant wait to wheel again, its been over 2 months. i'll post up some pics of the progress if theres any interest.

24. #49 Re: My 1993 ZJ - 'Project Toilet' 
    Very cool. Wish I could find one of those around my town...

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33
    Its a jeep, it doesn't have to make sense.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information