Thread: how was choccolocco mnt ?

1. #1 how was choccolocco mnt ? 
    alright ATLZJ, what did you think of the place? i was going to try to follow ya'll through, but my brother-in-law's wife called and i had to take him home. i did not want to drive back after carrying him all the way home. i worked on my truck for a month ti go to that thing and his wife fawked my day up. anyway, did the guy in the red lc make it up that trail alright?
    "Intelligence is a burden that only the truly ignorant are willing to bear" B. Franklin

2. #2 Re: how was choccolocco mnt ? 
    We had fun. The red FJ bypassed that. The range of difficulty of the trails at the park are kind of weird though. They are either like 2wd trails or super super hard. With maybe the exception of that first trail we did, which was somewhere in the middle. But that was the only "moderate" type trail we came across. A few of us tried the Wall, which is crazy hard, and also Boat ramp. We ended up driving out late after the green SOA FJ snapped his rear pinion and then flopped on Boat Ramp.. I will put up some videos later.

3. #3 Re: how was choccolocco mnt ? 
    yeah i didnt think the trails were marked all that well. it was either everything or nothing. so how do you think it compares to morris mnt?

i had just about completely lost my voice by lunch. i had planned to come back sunday, but i felt like hell when i got up so i didn't. i would like to give that first trail a try in my chevy.
    "Intelligence is a burden that only the truly ignorant are willing to bear" B. Franklin

4. #4 Re: how was choccolocco mnt ? 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    It has a lot of potential, but Morris mouintain is more fun right now. If I went back I think I would spend all day on Boat Ramp.
    The owner said there were a few cool trails down from Boat Ramp that we didn't get over too.
    www.grandslamsoutheast.com
    SOLD: 98 ZJ, 6" Long Armed, Locked 33" MTR, HP 9" and HP D30
    My Build Thread
    94 YJ, tons and 40s, no leafs, 5.3/4L60e
    04.5 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4, Smarty Jr

5. #5 Re: how was choccolocco mnt ? 
    so your the guy with the yj with coil springs and white hood?

6. #6 Re: how was choccolocco mnt ? 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    Did you already hear about me from being out on the trails there?

Yup, been debating painting the white hood green but it sort of stands out. LOL I guess the coil springs do too on the YJ. There was another really nice YJ on coils as well but he broke a front D44 shaft inner and outer.

BTW, I should mention the guys who I think were the owners of the place were real nice people.
    www.grandslamsoutheast.com
    SOLD: 98 ZJ, 6" Long Armed, Locked 33" MTR, HP 9" and HP D30
    My Build Thread
    94 YJ, tons and 40s, no leafs, 5.3/4L60e
    04.5 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4, Smarty Jr

7. #7 Re: how was choccolocco mnt ? 
    i was there. i was in the grey chevy with my wife and bro-in -law that was behind ya'll on the first trail. i would keep the hood white. i kinda like the different color body panels. trey is one of the owners. he has a bodyshop in jville. he can be a dick sometimes but for the most part he is alright. that was his buggy up by where you pay. i think the bagget trailer is part owner too but i am not 100% on that. the guy that has the offroad shop i took the pics of was riding shotgun in the mcdonalds buggy with peck (sp). i know a lot of the guys that i seen there before i left.
    Last edited by speedmontzj; 12-15-2008 at 04:30 PM.

Thread Information