Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2962

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project: Grocery Getter - Page 3

Thread: Project: Grocery Getter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Haha call Maxx up, he grows.

But thats why I posted the cheapest locker I could find. A little more then the spool you have but worth it. Is your phone dead? Tried calling to get Clippas number. I got it though and im going to drop it off tommorow afternoonish.
    Last edited by UTChavok; 02-17-2010 at 11:31 AM.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

2. #52 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    i love of clean those fenders are. good job.

3. #53 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    well its been awhile since any updates so here it goes....

been saving and finally got a DD. so the jeeps been sittin on the back burner since school's started.

But I found out that i cracked my steering box at GSSE so its been sitting for awhile. i ended up finding a killer deal on a PSC box that is already set up for hydro assist so i got that, plugged the hydro assist holes for now untill i can buy a ram. Ill try to get some pics of it tomorrow.

Im also trying to figure out where some awful noise is coming from under my jeep. im thinkin its my t-case so im trying to pick up a used one and hope that is what the problem is. We'll see.
    '93 ZJ (The Grocery Getter) hp44/9", 4.88's, spool/detroit, chromo's, 35's, wristed front and 4-link rear, and other crap for getting to those food lions in the middle of no where.

http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=18225

4. #54 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Sweet rig, really like the work done so far.
    Dan- '93 ZJ ,4.0, 249 TC(soon to be 231), open 30/open 35, 3.5" lift, 32x11.50x15s, sliders, KO radiator support, KCs and trimmed.

5. #55 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    thanks. ill try to post some updated pictures soon.
    '93 ZJ (The Grocery Getter) hp44/9", 4.88's, spool/detroit, chromo's, 35's, wristed front and 4-link rear, and other crap for getting to those food lions in the middle of no where.

6. #56 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Im bad at keeping this thing updates especially since my camera died. but heres whats new:
    -Found an ARB bumber locally for a steal so it finally has some protection up front and a place for a winch when i get the money
    -Also, its been demoted to semi-daily driver status. got a '01 ford focus zx3 hatch. 5 speed. yakima rack on top for the bikes and plans of becoming a SVT replica. this doesn't tow real well so i still gotta keep the jeep drivable. so dont expect the jeep to get 1ton anytime soon.

and im pretty sure my tranny is about to die. Yay!!

actually have a question about that too. would a aw4 out of a xj be a direct bolt in if i got the aw4 already? is there any differences between the two? gonna be callin Novak this week to check too.

ill see if i can get some cell phone pictures up soon.

7. #57 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    sorry i haven't updated in ages but finally got a new camera. so here it goes:
    re-geared the 9" cause they were whining really bad cause apparently the guy who had it before didn't use a crush sleeve. but its all good now. Also got an ARB bumper for dirt cheap. and the best...a set of 35" Krawlers!!! they have never seen the road and only about 6 trail rides, basically brand new. so without further adu.....

8. #58 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Looks mean. Great choice of tires.

15x8 wheels or 15x10?

9. #59 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Rawr Lifetime Supporter jfowlzj95's Avatar
    The Krawlers look awesome! Love the stance it has.
    Jon

95 ZJ, it gone.
    07 Cummins Fire Truck, it tow.
    76 J-10, 'Heep' Jeep.
    06 Boobicon, it wheel.

10. #60 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    thanks guys.

they're 15x8's. i like the way they look on the 8's better than 10's.

but they have alot more tread than the old muds did so im excited to see how they do and hopefully i wont find out what they can break since they'll actually grab traction.

11. #61 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Definitely get back to us. My friend has a tj 6" lift and the same tires. I have 33x12.5 baja claws and he can't seem to get up the same obstacles I can. I really hope its him/ jeep and not the tires... cuz I want those next.
    Black 97 ZJ, 4.0, 242, Clayton LA 4.5" lift +2"spacers, TW DS, 8.8 4.10's, HPD30 4.11, WJ steering conversion, 1 ton flip, PSC , KOR TB conversion, Front axle Currie JJ bushing conversion, Baja Claws 33's, Custom front & rear bumpers, Rear tire carrier, rock sliders
    Works in progress->...
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b3...4/P1010203.jpg

12. #62 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    krawers kickass in rocks.I think there the best rock tire.u can get thm in two diff compounds.claws are good tire wont beat them..few buddy have them love them they just can wear a lil fast!!!
    96 ZJ Limited, 5.2 with K&N filter, Hi flow cat, Cherry bomb extreme muffler, Clayton long arms 6" lift, Steering box brace from KOR, KOR track bar Conversion,TnT steering, 242 TC, 8.8 with ARB Locker, dana 30, 4.88 gearing, 35 KM2's
    KOR bumpers
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17149
    07 CRF250X

13. #63 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    well got back from windrock, it was a blast. watched kirby almost endo and saw cam "break in" the 6.0. Our club came up there so i didn't ride much with the GSSE crew.

Krawlers hooked up great. but i guess too good cause i broke a driver side stock shaft since my chrom i had isn't warrantied yet. caps shattered and sheered off the shaft at the splines. but oh well.

picture of kirby and max

got a couple videos. ill try to find who has them

14. #64 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Looks awesome, great looking ZJ

15. #65 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Ahhhhhh shit man I didn't know this was you when we met. Good meeting you man, your rig is pretty sweet, sorry I looked like an ass when I asked what kinda jeep you had... Totally did not know your MC name.

You got that video of kirby and me almost going over?
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

16. #66 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Quote Originally Posted by zj95maxx View Post
    Ahhhhhh shit man I didn't know this was you when we met. Good meeting you man, your rig is pretty sweet, sorry I looked like an ass when I asked what kinda jeep you had... Totally did not know your MC name.

You got that video of kirby and me almost going over?
    I think its on brooks camera, but yeah someone has it. Definitely a fun trip but would of had way more fun with my jeep instead of the fourwheeler. Tried crawling some rocks in it but that didnt go to well

Casey im gonna swing by sometime today and drop your stuff off Ive got.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

17. #67 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    max-its all good. sad to see that you didn't bring your jeep. but yeah i found out that i do have the video of you and kirby about going over. ill try to post it up tonight or tomorrow.

from the looks of the pictures other people posted, looks like everyone else had a good time too.

18. #68 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Finally an update: Well i got tired of my tranny slipping and overheating and causing me to lose alot of power so im picking up a AW4 thursday to replace mine. should have that in before URE or atleast before harlan.

but there is a creaking/popping sound coming from the front end when i turn. put a brace on it and didn't fix it. changed out box, didn't fix it. thinking maybe there's a crack behind my trac bar bracket. Gonna pull it and check. any other idea?

19. #69 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    If you are ever around Uwharrie and wanna wheel man lmk Im like 10 min away and woul love to see your rig in person since you have the setup on yours I'm trying to setup on mine.
    93 ZJ long arms, 35's, F/R Long arms, 4.56 gears, and a bunch more
    98 5.9 slate gray 4" lift with stuff (sold)
    96 ZJ Lift, Long arms, 35's and a bunch of other shit! (RIP)
    [ IRONMAN 4X4 FAB ] [ RACELINE WHEELS]

20. #70 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    the droped coil...
    [/QUOTE]

Funniest picture so far!! Some of us lose mirrors or tail lights on a trail. You just casually lose a spring. Great pic. Nice build man. Keep it up

21. #71 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Well, its been about a year since ive updated this thing. been a slack a$$. but atleast i finally graduated college. But here goes the list of things that have broken and things that are different....
    -broke a rear 9" shaft at URE which also ended up taking out the detroit as well.
    -replaced the detroit with a yukon grizzly locker (been holding up well so far)
    -broken two stock driverside 44 shafts (passenger side is chromo)
    -rebuilt transmission
    -picked up a set of beadlocks
    -waiting on tax return to buy chromos

Here is how she sits now:

Mine and Ronnie's (UTChavok). Best looking driveway!

Pulling a kersploded front shaft at harlan over christmas.

Talked a friend of mine into pulling the jeep with her truck to harlan. Definitely loaded down for a good weekend.
    Last edited by greyjeep93; 01-20-2012 at 10:54 AM.

22. #72 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    glad to see things rocking along for you casey. I am also running a grizzly locker, in my 14b, and it's been good so far.

is that christmas pic from 2010? if it's 2011 who bought kirby's buggy, or did the buyer turn it in for a refund?

23. #73 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Yeah, the zj is still rockin around. I may not update this thread much but she's still gettin wheeled and wrenched on. But the grizzly has been good so far. I guess we'll see how the long term is.

But yeah thats this year. haha naw, no refund. The new owners were there doing some test runs with it seeing what they wanted/needed to change before KOH. Cant remember if they will be there this year or if they were going to shoot for KOH 2013.

24. #74 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Got tired of my massive exhaust leak from the crack in the manifold so i changed it out...which lead to me having to replace almost every sensor on my motor. (long story)

Finally dropped some coin on a new set of Ten Factory shafts for the 44. Got them put in today, with some help from a friend .
    Hopefully ill be able to get out on the trail soon and put them to the test.

25. #75 Re: Project: Grocery Getter 
    Well, i went to test out the chromos yesterday and ended up just getting more pissed off at the jeep. The motor started acting up again to where it wouldn't start right away. Then it starting shuting off completely when i went from 1st to reverse. And the tranny that has many 2000 miles on the rebuild is shot. It would rev up and not doing anything then all of a sudden lurch forward. other times it would pull normal. and by normal, i mean like it did before the rebuild (miserably). So basically i finally got a good set of chromos in and now the entire powertrain of my jeep hates me apparently. WTF!!

Anyone have any ideas whats wrong?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information