Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
short arm lift hieght - Page 2

Thread: short arm lift hieght

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: short arm lift hieght 
    If you build your own kit you need to do lots of reading on the geometry and characteristics of building a kit. There are lots of things that could hurt a build. If your going to go that route you might be patient and look on some forums and find a good long arm kit. Plan the build. I really cant stress that enough. A lack of planning has bite me in the ass so now im having to fix things that would have been easier to do along with the install of the long arms. Axles being one of them. Im running stock gears now so my jeep is having to work harder than it should. Also my axle width is to narrow. Plan Plan Plan.....
    95 zj, KOR 7" long arm kit, lockrights front and rear, 285/75/16 (32.9x10.3) on rock crawler 16x8x4.5bs, kevins track bar with a home brew conversion, K&N FIPK, and Rubicon Express gen II discos.

Ready for install... home brew sliders
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/sho...hlight=sliders
    Dr. Mambo
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/sho...ighlight=mambo

2. #27 Re: short arm lift hieght 
    Quote Originally Posted by greengc4x4 View Post
    actually it would be what your fingers typed, words dont produce out of your fingers and morph onto the screen, tard, as you would put it. secondly some dont want to hack their jeep to pieces and its been verified time and again that you can go much higher than 3.5 inches and be fine, so do us all a favor and stfu

anyways, you guys have to remember that not all can afford the 3000 dollars it costs to purchase claytons or the money it costs for a welder and all the other tools neccisary to make your own kit. Short arms are more for affordability, long arms are more for practicality imo
    if affordability is your ultimate goal 3.5 inches that can be achieved by a front to rear swap is significantly cheaper than having to buy control arms at all and sway bar links etc that comes with 5.5. front springs plus shocks, track bar, track bar brack for rear...done. instead of 8 control arms sway bar links brake lines. as far as hacking up your car... anybody can do a decent job with a dremmel and make it look close to stock.

i love how "what my fingers type" can get your panties in to such a wad!.
    97 zj ltd. 5.2, 3.5 RE w/ adj track bar, 32 maxxis buckshots

3. #28 Re: short arm lift hieght 
    thanks green, im just not even reading what poke' boy is typing
    96 ZJ, Black, 5.2, Auto, 242 Swap, D30 D44a, 3.5 inch lift and 2 inch poly boost 5.5 inches total lift, 33/12.5/15 BFG MTs on Chrome steelies

4. #29 Re: short arm lift hieght 
    So Peekaboo, Ive been at 6.5 on short arms for years, and drive on I-80 at 85-90 all the time. Just bolted on 35's and took a cut off wheel to the plastic bumper so I don't have to listen to it. Are you into show trucks or actually getting somewhere on you're own failures? just because of this thread, i'm gonna shoe horn some 8 inch coils and run Wendover just to hear you call me"DUMB'! Game On.

5. #30 Re: short arm lift hieght 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Dafuq? You reply to a 8 yr old thread trying to look like a bad ass?

6. #31 Re: short arm lift hieght 

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information