Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
95 ZJ Slow build up

Thread: 95 ZJ Slow build up

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
  1. #1 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Sorry in advance if the pictures are to big. Ok so this is what I got when I turned 16. Your average completely stock JGC

I had some pictures of when it was just a BB but couldn't find them. So this is with my 3.5" lift, 31's, 15" eagle alloy wheel, WAGG brush guard and tail light guards. It also got a full sound system at this point with a Panasonic 70x4 head unit, 2 Alpine type R's, MTX 500W amp, 4 Sony explode 240W speakers, and a rocksford fosgate capasitor.

With roof rack and 5 offroad lights installed. Also hood scoops, bug shield, Cat back exhaust, airaid throttle body spacer, K&N FIPK, and Redline power chip.
    bmp

This is after the Berserk fender flares were installed and fron winch bumper. Bumper and flares are fiber glass. Still sitting on 31 inch all terrains.

Sorry finger got in the way.

This is after I got my new 33X12.50x15 Super Swamper SSR radials. Love the tire by the way. Also added a new spring isolater making it 4 inches.

Had to go flex it and see if I was going to rub. Did a little but nothing serious.

Small trail ride up corner canyon

And my most recent picture with the XRC 8 winch on the front, home built d-ring mounts, Dough Thorley Header, Tint, KOR track bar conversion, HD tie rod, JKS quicker disconnects, Rusty's dual steering stabalizer, Run cool hood louver (love them). Other specs are the stock dana 30 axle, Dana 35 rear with 3.55's. 4.0L straight 6, and np249.

Next mods will include rear bumper ( have it just needs to be bed lined) Ford 8.8 ( have it just need money for brackets and my long arm lift so I dont have to do things twice) rock sliders, and a 231 swap.
    Thanks for looking
    Last edited by grandmaster; 03-02-2008 at 07:02 PM.

2. #2 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Ok got the pictures to work.

3. #3 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Did you install the fender flares your self? How did you seal the gaps in the rear fenders? Did you use expandable foam like they say to in the instructions? Clean looking ride by the way, that berserk bumper looks awesome
    5 Niner with, RE 3.5 SuperFlex kit, 1" spacers, RE front adj track bar, Rancho RS 5000's, 32'BFG AT's on AR Mojave Teflon coated rims, Kevins LP-1 Sliders, Uniden CB .
    "60% of the time it works Every Time"

4. #4 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Holy shit I like that hood
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

5. #5 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Looks good. Any more pictures of the hood with the louvers? Also, how hard were those flares to install?
    1998 ZJ

6. #6 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Ok so here is whats up. I did not install the flares myself (which is the only thing i havent done on it) But what the install pictures look like pretty much explains it. You cut it away and leave the underside of the sheet metal a little bit long and fold it up and tack weld it. Then use the expandable foam. The reason I didn't install them is because i dont have a welder. I did paint everything though, including the hood. I will get some more pictures of the hood on in the next couple of days. Im also going out to little moab this coming up saturday so I will post some more pictures.

7. #7 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaster View Post
    Ok so here is whats up. I did not install the flares myself (which is the only thing i havent done on it) But what the install pictures look like pretty much explains it. You cut it away and leave the underside of the sheet metal a little bit long and fold it up and tack weld it. Then use the expandable foam. The reason I didn't install them is because i dont have a welder. I did paint everything though, including the hood. I will get some more pictures of the hood on in the next couple of days. Im also going out to little moab this coming up saturday so I will post some more pictures.
    Like I said it looks really clean, Big Tires and small lift= sweet

nice rig
    5 Niner with, RE 3.5 SuperFlex kit, 1" spacers, RE front adj track bar, Rancho RS 5000's, 32'BFG AT's on AR Mojave Teflon coated rims, Kevins LP-1 Sliders, Uniden CB .
    "60% of the time it works Every Time"

8. #8 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Here is some pictures of my new rear bumper all bedlined up and stuff. I had a friend build it for me. His name is Tyler, I think he is a member here?

Here is some more pictures of the hood for those of you that wanted them

And here is a little storage shelf I built a while back.

9. #9 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    The Oil Dude MallCrawlin Vendor
    Staff
    I actually like the original hood scoops better, but that's just me.
    Your #1 Source for Amsoil Lubricants

Lube it or Loose it!

10. #10 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Well the original hood scoops werent real. I wanted something that was real to let the heat out so it would operate at a cooler temperature and keep all the hoses, belts, etc in better condition for a longer life.

11. #11 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Staff
    I figured that, but I would have cut them out to make them functional.

Lube it or Loose it!

12. #12 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    How much did those hood louvers help the operating temps?
    98 ZJ 5.2, 4.5" RE LA, HP30 w/tru-trac, U-Turn steering, ARB Front, Kevin's rear bumper, 35" KM2's

13. #13 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Staff
    Scott we can cut your hood and then do the Impala at the same time!!!!!!!

Lube it or Loose it!

14. #14 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    You're killing me! He still hasn't cut those out.
    98 ZJ 5.2, 4.5" RE LA, HP30 w/tru-trac, U-Turn steering, ARB Front, Kevin's rear bumper, 35" KM2's

15. #15 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Have no clue what all thats about but good luck solving it. Yes I thought about cutting them out, but they are still stick on and they were starting to come off anyways. My hood was fading so I decided to by the louvers, cut the hood then repaint. But anyway it used to run right at 210 now it runs just below that, so whatever that mark is.

16. #16 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    mine runs at 160...

and i also have the 5.2
    95 ZJ/ 5.2 / HD Dana 44 front / 14b rear / 5.5" CLAYTONS / 38'' Grooved TSL's / CLAYTONS belly skid / NP231 w/sye

17. #17 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    damn that things clean...you dont see any jeeps that clean down south you should paint your cladding the red like your jeep...that would look freakin slick as hell man.
    97 zj ltd. 5.2, 3.5 RE w/ adj track bar, 32 maxxis buckshots

18. #18 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    one thing i also noticed is the location of your steering stabilizer. you might want to locate it up a little more as having them hang down in front of the diff like that makes them prone to getting owned by obstacles.

19. #19 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Rear bumper should be red too
    95 ZJ/ 5.2 / HD Dana 44 front / 14b rear / 5.5" CLAYTONS / 38'' Grooved TSL's / CLAYTONS belly skid / NP231 w/sye

20. #20 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Can you elaborate a little on your "home built" d-ring mounts?

21. #21 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    you got to get to a junk yard to get a 96 and up grill
    Quote Originally Posted by Four Play View Post
    I'll probably go to Hell for that but fawk it, I'll upgrade my 1st class ticket and go for another pack of peanuts... cremation cost are on the rise anyway.

22. #22 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    Quote Originally Posted by tywilson88 View Post
    you got to get to a junk yard to get a 96 and up grill
    Yeah i thought about that and decided not to because the winch covers up the part that the bumper shows. Any other differences? And I dont think it will bolt right in, will it? or will I need to fab something up?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaveZJ View Post
    Can you elaborate a little on your "home built" d-ring mounts?
    Are you talking about the ones on the front? I just got some steel, 2 plates and welded a tab at the 90 degree angle to the other plate and bolted it to the front of the bumper which is hooked to the winch plate. The d rings are a miltary d ring that holds like 6 tons, they are a small hole to drill to, thats why I chose them. And they have held up good, pulled me out a couple of times.

Quote Originally Posted by zj95 View Post
    Rear bumper should be red too
    Its steel and so the paint chips really easy thats why I chose not to paint it read. I know this because the front winch plate was red and got chipped from rocks hitting it on the road.

Quote Originally Posted by piku303 View Post
    one thing i also noticed is the location of your steering stabilizer. you might want to locate it up a little more as having them hang down in front of the diff like that makes them prone to getting owned by obstacles.
    Yeah its a dual steering stabalizer from rustys offroad, I used to have DW but got that problem fixed and have never taken it off. I dont know if you can tell in the picture but it is pretty beat up ha ha. But i took it off and it still works, so until it stops working it will remain on.

Quote Originally Posted by piku303 View Post
    damn that things clean...you dont see any jeeps that clean down south you should paint your cladding the red like your jeep...that would look freakin slick as hell man.
    Yeah, I try and take care of it, but what you dont see is my rocker panel is a little beat up. Need some sliders. Anyway thought about painting it red, but it will be coming off eventually and be getting bedlined, so im not going to waist the money on paint. (its like 120 dollars a quart, plus paper, tack rags, and every other supply, so i dont think its worth it.

23. #23 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    bedline that shit red then haha.

24. #24 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    ha ha good point, I guess I could, but it wouldnt match too good I dont think.

25. #25 Re: 95 ZJ Slow build up 
    ok, fwiw I really do like your rig and to each his own....however....whats with the huge storage shelf? looks like it blocks your view and seems to be a little hazardous in a roll situation...and I woould delete the plastic loredo siding and rocker gaurd and replace with sliders and leave the doors red....that would complete the black/red look...
    Also is it common to have engine temp issues with the 5.2? is that why you chopped your hood? (i Really dont know, not being a smart ass) I do like the cosmetic hood louvers thogh really make the front look mean!
    overall :thumbsup: good job on doing it yourself!
    ~Vintage~
    http://www.vintagejeeps.net/jeep_history.asp
    86' CJ-7
    Towed By "RED ROCKET"

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Thread Information