Thread: NEW FORUM - Expedition Wheeling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: NEW FORUM - Expedition Wheeling 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner Mtn WJ's Avatar
    Good forum idea.

I have been building my WJ as an adventure vehicle as much as a rock crawler. I think that is one of the best things about a modded Grand Cherokee. Capable wheelers with enough room for people and gear. This could be a good forum.

Keith
    Ask not what your country can do for you; but what can you do for your country. JFK Jan 20th, 1961

TnT Customs Long Arms, 33" BFG KM2s, Magnum 9k winch, Ready Welder, Custom HP 30/30 front with ARB, Currie HP 9 rear with Detroit

2. #27 Re: NEW FORUM - Expedition Wheeling 
    i am certainly all for it. Once i get the tranny fixxed in the orvis i plan on making it a long distance wheeler. I think there are alot of guys who would appreciate it.
    |^^^^^^^^^^^^^^| ||
    |....BUD LIGHT..........| ||'|";, ___.
    |_..._..._______===|=||_|__|..., ] -
    (@)'(@)"""''"**|(@)(@)*****''(@)

3. #28 Re: NEW FORUM - Expedition Wheeling 
    Great idea. I knew the style of build I wanted to do but I never could put my finger on the name. Expedition rig! of course! I like trail boppin and all that but I want my jeep to be able to get just about anywhere in comfort and thats how I have it put together! Can't wait to post more in here as well as seeing what everybody else can come up with
    1996 Grand Cherokee- 4.0, 4 inch Skyjacker lift, 31x10.5 cooper STT's, locked/forged 8.8, much more

1999 Mustang GT

1991 Cherokee Briarwood (for sale!)

4. #29 Re: NEW FORUM - Expedition Wheeling 
    I'm planning on building my ZJ for this type of wheeling as well.
    Great idea.
    It'll be great for a newb like me!
    -Tim.
    -06 WK 5.7 Hemi
    -98 ZJ 4.slow 42RE 242 RE 3.5 with 33in MT/R's. Needs work, driven daily. For sale.

5. #30 Re: NEW FORUM - Expedition Wheeling 
    Where I spend most of my time on the Internet: http://www.expeditionportal.com/

I have the same screen name there, incredible amount of information. You've just opened up a whole new world here.
    If the shit fits, wear it.

6. #31 Re: NEW FORUM - Expedition Wheeling 
    I also am doing an expo build so far i got about half of it done. need a new tranny and t/c this spring opting for a 3550 and 231 see newbie tech for my question.I like the reliablity of the manual over the auto. running 2 inch spacers up front and xj coils in back 4.56s and 4340s all around. a detriot out back and arb up front. a warn m8000 on a custom bumper i built up front. need to get the sliders and skids done and the rear bumper. probably stick with the 31 destinations this year but want to upgrade to 2in spacers and 2 in old man emu and 33 next year. cant wait to get it out again. went to the black hills last year. AMAZing is all i cant say.
    98 zj 4.0 nv3550 d300 gears lockers and other junk that allows me to reduce the resale value daily

75 cj 5 still in the box, actually still in alot of boxes all over my gd garage. screw this economy!

7. #32 Re: NEW FORUM - Expedition Wheeling 
    I am in the unique postion to do some awsome expeditons. Now I just need to get my WJ up to par. Here are some links to a few I am considering.
    Siberia http://www.offroadexpedition.com/siberiaoverland.html
    Italian Alps http://www.xtrallusion.com/Adventure..._by_Ref_1.html
    Also a few trips self planed in Czech Republick, Romania, Poland, Austria maybe even as far as roaming through the Sahara. We will just have to see. But first some serious mods to the jeep. Everthing from a winch, roof rack, lights, more lift and tires ect. You know everything we all want! If anyone has any suggestions or have heard of anything specific let me know. I'd love to check it out.

8. #33 Re: NEW FORUM - Expedition Wheeling 
    Nice bud, I think we're all drooling over here.

1 question though.... why a Grand Cherokee (when a Toyota/Rover would be a better choice)?? Different is good though.
    Project Never-ending
    1997 ZJ - sold
    www.tntcustoms.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information