Thread: Bought a Chinese plasma....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: Bought a Chinese plasma.... 
    well i went over board and ordered one of these http://longevity-inc.com/product_details.php?id=33 . the weldall ls 200p. i will post some pics when i get it. should be here end of next week.
    "Intelligence is a burden that only the truly ignorant are willing to bear" B. Franklin

2. #27 Re: Bought a Chinese plasma.... 
    so pearce, couple ?s. did yours come with the tip guard or a manual or a packing invoice? what is the second striped wire on the plasma?
    "Intelligence is a burden that only the truly ignorant are willing to bear" B. Franklin

3. #28 Re: Bought a Chinese plasma.... 
    Senior Member MallCrawlin Supporter
    Yes I got the tip guard thing. But when I looked at the pictures of your it didnt have the same gun as mine. They e-mailed an instruction sheet to me. I think I got an invoice. And my plasma had one stripped wire.

edit:
    If you look at the pics i posted in this thread you can see what gun I have and the guard. Also the stripped wire goes in the Pilot location, you can also see that in the pics. There are 3 other connections at the front besides that, 4 total.
    Last edited by Pearce; 05-06-2009 at 04:59 PM.
    www.grandslamsoutheast.com
    SOLD: 98 ZJ, 6" Long Armed, Locked 33" MTR, HP 9" and HP D30
    My Build Thread
    94 YJ, tons and 40s, no leafs, 5.3/4L60e
    04.5 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4, Smarty Jr

4. #29 Re: Bought a Chinese plasma.... 
    okay i figured out what the wire was. i got a pilot arc torch but after i did not get the tip guard i called and they said it was an extra cost. its not a big deal, just was wondering.

5. #30 Re: Bought a Chinese plasma.... 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    As an avid buy American I have to say some US company is missing a market. All the US welders are built like a pro will use them, no one makes a low cost simple limited use one for weekenders. The exception is the tombstone AC box. From the guts of one of these things the parts price is in the $75 range add another $100 for housing, cables, packing, etc. Labor on a US production line $50, overhead 60%. That means they could make a 25% profit selling for $450 (plus shipping). Put it on a website and let word of mouth get the customer base. Manage their overhead and they could make even greater margins.
    That said I don't know how they expect a weekender to but a piece of equipment for $1200 he uses occasionally. Even then in the long run probably cheaper to rent one a few times if you only have a project or two.
    Last edited by ZJ TINS; 08-15-2013 at 09:03 AM.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

Digging up four year old threads again,
    are we?

7. #32 Re: Bought a Chinese plasma.... 
    Cool story Bro

8. #33 Re: Bought a Chinese plasma.... 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter ZJ TINS's Avatar
    Digging up four year old threads again,
    are we?
    It already too hard to find information with the weak search engine on these boards, better to put related material in a old thread than start new ones. So yes I do it alot.
    “I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials.”- George Mason
    "The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -Thomas Jefferson
    “The great object is that every man be armed.” -Patrick Henry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information