Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project Christine (formally Mini Maxx) - Page 8

Thread: Project Christine (formally Mini Maxx)

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
  1. #176 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    And I thought my wiring was messy, HA. better clean that up soon or rats are going to take up residence.

what's hard about removing the VIC? I think the VIC and the PRND21 bezel are the two easiest places to mount switches if you have a dremel.

2. #177 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post
    And I thought my wiring was messy, HA. better clean that up soon or rats are going to take up residence.

what's hard about removing the VIC? I think the VIC and the PRND21 bezel are the two easiest places to mount switches if you have a dremel.
    the rats can come along for the ride if they dare since its my DD

...but i tried to get to taking the VIC out friday and what a bitch. you have to take the whole bottom half of the dash off including the glove box to get to the screws to take the face of the VIC off. is there an easier way?
    97 V8 zj.
    35"KM2s.aussies,4.88s,full chromos,1 ton hi steer in the 44/8.8.KOR/Clayton longarms.
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//sh...ad.php?t=17603

03 Cobra with horsepowers

3. #178 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    Quote Originally Posted by ATL ZJ View Post

to get the VIC out of a 96+ you gotta take the entire lower dash apart. they stacked the drivers side panels under the passenger side panels like a bunch of tards. on the 93-5s its easy as hell.

IF i remember correctly. been probably 3 years since i looked at one up close.

4. #179 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    Yes exactly what he said. Every piece of the lower dash is stacked ontop of the VIC
    97 V8 zj.
    35"KM2s.aussies,4.88s,full chromos,1 ton hi steer in the 44/8.8.KOR/Clayton longarms.

5. #180 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    Ah, I see. Guess I was lucky to get the version that takes 30 seconds to disassemble.

your rig has come a long way... with all the work you've done, you should be able to enjoy a more fun and reliable spring/ summer of driving and wheeling it.

6. #181 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    yeah i may be going to URE the 17-19 with my club, and to help out the raleigh 4wp store with an event their holding up there as a repayment for letting our club use their shop to hold our meetings (they supply pizza and drinks every month for the meetings also).

looking forward to it for sure, need to get my rock sliders back on before then but if not its no biggie i ran all of URE last time without them and didn't knock the rockers

we may be going gulches and a place in the NC mountains that starts with a C, can't remember the name though. its near tellico kinda, since we cant go to our initial tellico trip
    97 V8 zj.

7. #182 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    Really like your rig. Inspiring to this newb
    97 zj - hack job fenders, 32 bfg all terrain,

8. #183 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    thanks, glad my rig could be inspriation.

just keep your eyes open on forums for good USED parts to help build on a budget.
    97 V8 zj.

9. #184 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    Rig looks good! IMO, the VIC really isn't that difficult to take out. I have a 96, so it's the "more difficult" version I guess. Pretty much if you take out the 8 or so screws holding in the glove box, then take out the two that are on top of the VIC, that whole lower section should come loose. I've had to take the lower quarter off twice, and I'd say it took about 15 min. after I knew what I was doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33
    Its a jeep, it doesn't have to make sense.

10. #185 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    ^^ thanks, i was contemplating just saying screw it.

i got them all off and tried to avoid the glove box removal hoping it could come off without having to take the glove box out. looks like the whole thing is coming out then..

this weekend will either be wheeling Uwharrie, and it seems like every club in the east coast will be there including mine

or i'll be wiring up the hella 500s off elliots UAV that have been sitting in the garage, removing the VIC, putting hella switch and rock lights switch in its place and i want to put an external cb speaker in since i have a tiny cobra that isn't loud enough to hear over my engine hardly...dont know where i'll put that. i've still yet to put my rock sliders back on since the LA install, so maybe put those back on since i didn't finish fixing the mounts on them and didnt them on this weekend.
    Last edited by Jeeperoni91; 04-14-2009 at 12:39 AM.
    97 V8 zj.

11. #186 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    ps i re-ran the wires for the rock lights so they aren't AS junky under the jeep
    97 V8 zj.

12. #187 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeeperoni91 View Post
    we may be going gulches and a place in the NC mountains that starts with a C, can't remember the name though. its near tellico kinda, since we cant go to our initial tellico trip
    You said started with a C, are you talking about Coal Creek (windrock)? I know its in Tennesse, which is easily mistaken for NC . Were going there the weekend of May 2nd. Holler when you go to Gulches though, im like an hour away. Im pretty pissed about Tellico, I missed our december trip there and looks like Ill never have another chance to go.
    -Ronnie
    98 5.9 on 35s
    Subscribe to our Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ClemsonOffroadClub

13. #188 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    Ill holler at you, but the c place starts for a c for sure. Its an Indian name I can't remember for anything.

I'm with you about tellico, I've never been
    97 V8 zj.

14. #189 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    wheeled it all day today at Uwharrie national forest and it was pretty much "point and shoot application". point the tires and it'll go over the object, whether a rock, mud, tree etc etc.

fun time, LOTs of rigs out there.
    97 V8 zj.

15. #190 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    pics?
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

16. #191 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    I have none of my rig, just a few of other rigs on my phone. Probably 100 people watched me go up kodak rock, so I'm sure some pictures will pop up on nc4x4 after a while. The people my local club that were there may have pictures too? Idk I just wheeled this time without the camera. Everyone else with me is still there the rest of the weekend, ill post up anything that I find though
    97 V8 zj.

17. #192 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    as i went wheeling at uwharrie all day today, and i put all those spare nuts and bolts and spare shit that Cam so greatfully gave me with the axles and longarms in a styrofoam cooler (it was all i could find at the house) .....and so i get up on kodak rock (for those who haven't been to URE before...just a like 4-5 foot tall rock-face, wall like obstacle) and the cooler slides all the way through the cargo area, the bottom catches on the spare shafts at the back and tips it over (top on it at this point still) and slams it into the back gate( just tipped over at this point, most of the shit still in the cooler)
    then i bump it a little bit in efforts to get up after a frustrating attempt to crawl and the back tires didn't want to up a 90 angle, and sooo the cooler bounces probably easily a foot in the air and smashes into many little pieces of styrofoam, initiating hundreds of greasy parts(nuts, bolts, hubs, hub parts, steering parts, etc) to spread throughout the cargo area of the zj.

lessons learned
    1) sprap shit down/ wedge it between stuff really good like the first time i ran it and didnt bust the cooler
    2) put spare parts in a not very easily broken container
    97 V8 zj.

18. #193 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    http://s290.photobucket.com/albums/l...ent=brett1.flv

video of me on kodak rock at uwharrie from saturday

got up a little bit to the left of my intentions, which had my back driver side tire wedged (cant see in video) which took forever to get over. longest its ever taken me to to get that obstacle since i got the 35s on

and my tranny likes to not go in gear on high inlines, and my engine likes to stall out when i let off the gas after it starts to bump like it did SO much then
    97 V8 zj.

19. #194 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    why is it bouncing? did you change the upper wishbone in the rear?

20. #195 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    No, the shocks in the rear are completely beyond blown is the only thing I can think of that would make it be bouncing like that..it bounces in the rear when I hit bumps on the road. The ones on there are far too long, so they've bottomed out so bad so much there's no fluid left in them
    97 V8 zj.

21. #196 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    some pictures to go with the video

now i've got some pictures for when i am eligable to enter for ROTM again
    97 V8 zj.

22. #197 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    i figured out why it took me about 3 minutes longer to get up that obstacle this past trip, and i couldn't figure out what it was. before i had the front locked and the rear ARB'd but not engaged, this time i had f/r both locked and it took longer to get up....i guess its because its harder now

my driver rear tire was the reason i took so long to get up this time, because that rock isnt there, or all those other helping rocks people put there throughout the season, which have been taken away over the offseason when it's closed.

that video i posted is what i'm referring to, along with the pictures posted. usually just walk right up it, having to stop maybe 2-3 times at most when that big rock is there
    97 V8 zj.

23. #198 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    some of my xj friend

Last edited by Jeeperoni91; 04-23-2009 at 06:06 PM.
    97 V8 zj.

24. #199 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    ok, nice rigs- what camera you using- those are some clean photos...
    93' ZJ, 4.0L, 3" lift, 31's.. SOLD.
    New Ride- 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4, 4.0L, 5-Speed, 4x4.
    NEW JOB!!!!! NEW BABY!!!!
    Now considering another XJ/WJ/ZJ purchase as a baby mover- No room in the Ranger.
    Leaning towards XJ, 99-01.....

25. #200 Re: Project: Mini Maxx 
    Those are my friends pictures he took. He was using a fancy camera with the huge lens on it that you twist to focus. Way beyond my budget kinda camera haha. Very impressive definition in the pictures for sure though. They are huge, took forever to download them from his fileshare page he put them on
    97 V8 zj.

Thread Information