Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Splinter - Page 3

Thread: Splinter

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. #51 Re: Splinter 
    Quote Originally Posted by racerx145 View Post
    ahh, Budweiser and power tools.... at least I see a fire extinguisher....
    93' ZJ, 4.0L, 3" lift, 31's.. SOLD.
    New Ride- 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4, 4.0L, 5-Speed, 4x4.
    NEW JOB!!!!! NEW BABY!!!!
    Now considering another XJ/WJ/ZJ purchase as a baby mover- No room in the Ranger.
    Leaning towards XJ, 99-01.....

2. #52 Re: Splinter 
    Pulled the front axle back out and built a truss outta 3/8" plate and built new upper control arm mounts. Also got my tie rod built outta 1/4 wall DOM. I moved the rear upper coil spring mounts back six inches and plated the body where they attach. So now my springs aren't in a S shaped. I also started plating the frame where my rear trac bar bracket was since I ripped it off the frame a few times and the frame is pretty much destroyed there. Hope to have it rolling this week need to mount my hydro steering when it gets here and lengthen my fuel lines a weld everything up. Taking it to my buddies to use his 220 to weld it.

Last edited by racerx145; 02-22-2009 at 10:48 PM.
    93' ZJ 5.2L 5.5" LA, 60/14, 40s full hydro dovenose'd

96' Ford F250 Ext.Cab Short Box 4" lift, 35s, Boost&Pyro gauges, 3" Down pipe, 4" straight pipe,

3. #53 Re: Splinter 
    Looking good. I'd put spacers atleast under if not on both sides of the heims on your steering.
    "Matt"

4. #54 Re: Splinter 
    My avatar isn't animated Lifetime Supporter SirFuego's Avatar
    How did I not see this before? Very nice dovenose. I'm definitely diggin' this build!
    Quote Originally Posted by SB406
    I think that's your signature move.
    "The Former"- Lay Jeep against obstacle in trail. Mat gas pedal. Form Jeep to the shape of obstacle.
    Robot

5. #55 Re: Splinter 
    I hadn't checked this build out in awhile and have to say its looking good. Let me know how your front end works out because im in the same boat as you trying to figure out what to do with my front end. As with the fuel tank do you plan on running any sort of cover over that? I know some people of complained about fumes in the cabin with that method. i thought about doing that but just decided to go with the fuel cell. As for the fuel lines its alot cheaper just to use fuel hose and clamps at a few cents a piece and they worked fine on mine. I kind of choked when I saw that the bling lines would of cost me almost $300 to run.
    93ish zj, d60s, 38.5 maxxis, and a bunch of other expensive parts to make them work.

Truck stacks, for when your trucks nuts are just not gay enough anymore.

6. #56 Re: Splinter 
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonWorks View Post
    Looking good. I'd put spacers atleast under if not on both sides of the heims on your steering.
    Thanks, Yeah I am going to put some misalignment spacers in there, before I am finished, but I have to tear it all down and weld everything, so I just have some bolts stuck in it

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    How did I not see this before? Very nice dovenose. I'm definitely diggin' this build!
    Thanks man, I can't wait to get it out on the trail, my buddies have been going every weekend and keep bugging me to get this thing finished.

Quote Originally Posted by slim616 View Post
    I hadn't checked this build out in awhile and have to say its looking good. Let me know how your front end works out because im in the same boat as you trying to figure out what to do with my front end. As with the fuel tank do you plan on running any sort of cover over that? I know some people of complained about fumes in the cabin with that method. i thought about doing that but just decided to go with the fuel cell. As for the fuel lines its alot cheaper just to use fuel hose and clamps at a few cents a piece and they worked fine on mine. I kind of choked when I saw that the bling lines would of cost me almost $300 to run.
    I got some 16g steel to build a box around the fuel tank, I gotta get it going and over to a buddy's who's going to help me since he has all the sheet metal tools. I was thinking about getting the stock plastic clips and getting some hard plastic line from my dad he owns a foreign car repair shop and make new lines, but I guess it would probably be easier to just use rubber hose and clamps. Thanks

96' Ford F250 Ext.Cab Short Box 4" lift, 35s, Boost&Pyro gauges, 3" Down pipe, 4" straight pipe,

7. #57 Re: Splinter 
    Built a bracket for the orbital valve to use the existing steering box bolt holes. Then built brackets to mount the ram to the axle and the tierod, was a tight fit but got it to work and tucked it between the axle and tierod. I am going to put some tube off the axle under the ram to protect it a little more.

8. #58 Re: Splinter 
    Good progress. Have you tried to cycle the steering yet with the ram in place. It looks really close to the tierod and the tierod will usually come back and tuck closer to the axle when it cycles. So I was wondering about it hitting the ram/bracket on the frame side. Maybe its just the pic though.

Show a pic of your bracket on the tierod. And before Chad says it...I assume you plan on a few gussets on them right? I see everything is just tacked.
    "Matt"

9. #59 Re: Splinter 
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonWorks View Post
    Good progress. Have you tried to cycle the steering yet with the ram in place. It looks really close to the tierod and the tierod will usually come back and tuck closer to the axle when it cycles. So I was wondering about it hitting the ram/bracket on the frame side. Maybe its just the pic though.

Show a pic of your bracket on the tierod. And before Chad says it...I assume you plan on a few gussets on them right? I see everything is just tacked.
    Thanks for the advice, I have not cycled it, didn't even think about it hopefully it clears.

Yeah I am going to put a few gussets on them today

10. #60 Re: Splinter 
    So I haven't posted in a while was busy all summer farming and haulin hay. But have been laid off for the past two months so I have had a bunch of time to work on the jeep. My buddy Graeme let me bring it down to his shop and use his hoist and tools.
    Anyways here's some pictures
    Coilover's and some frame plating

Trac-bar bracket

Sliders

Rear Bumper

Full Bump with Tylers 42's

Front Bumper

Seats

11. #61 Re: Splinter 
    nice rig , i cant believe i have not seen this buildup before
    99 WJ, D60/14B, 5.38s, 203/D300, 39.5"s, H1s

It was a jeep thing, but that shit broke

12. #62 Re: Splinter 
    I love the front end on your rig.

13. #63 Re: Splinter 
    I like the rear bumper you set up. I hope you dont mind if I borrow your Idea. That is some crazy clearance.

14. #64 Re: Splinter 
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    I love the front end on your rig.
    Thanks I really like the way it came out was going for the pissed off look. I am going to continue the tubes that go under the fenders and tie into a cage when I build one.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Lynch View Post
    I like the rear bumper you set up. I hope you dont mind if I borrow your Idea. That is some crazy clearance.
    Yeah no biggie I will post up some more pics when I get a chance it has a ton more clearance and was able to move the axle back and still keep my ride height low, it actually sits 3" lower than when I had my 36's under it.

15. #65 Re: Splinter 
    I finally got the jeep finished today took it out for a quick shakedown run it ran great

16. #66 Re: Splinter 
    Rawr Lifetime Supporter jfowlzj95's Avatar
    Very nice! I really like how that dovenose turned out, gives me ideas...
    Jon

95 ZJ, it gone.
    07 Cummins Fire Truck, it tow.
    76 J-10, 'Heep' Jeep.
    06 Boobicon, it wheel.

17. #67 Re: Splinter 
    Liking the rear tube bumper!! Cool build.
    2004 Ford Lightning

Autism? Its more common than you think..
    http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/index.php

18. #68 Re: Splinter 
    Ho-lee shit. That is awesome. I really really like it.

Need more pics of the rear wheel wells, specifically all the shit you cut out, and what you did to patch the hole.
    Neil R.

93 318 ZJ, HP30, 8.8, 4.56, 35"s, tube.

WTF? A unibody won? Did they build a mall at the finish line or something?

Funniest thread on MC

19. #69 Re: Splinter 
    Tell me about it, the thing is nuts, more pics please

20. #70 Re: Splinter 
    Senior Member it usually runs fine's Avatar
    I shouldnt have read this, lots and lots of thoughts stirring, all of which require destruction of my other wise finally functional jeep
    Some girls don't like guys like me, but some girls do.

21. #71 Re: Splinter 
    AWESOME! love the dovenose!
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

22. #72 Re: Splinter 
    Here are a few more pics of the rear I dont have any mid build pics

23. #73 Re: Splinter 
    Looks SOO mean.

Did you have to cut much on the passenger side (under tha ammo can) My bumper covers all that crap and I don't remember what it looks like.

I can see that it's just the filler hose on the drivers side, but it looks like the passenger side would be wide open into the cab if I started cutting like you did.

I'm excited to see what you come up with for a cage.
    Neil R.

93 318 ZJ, HP30, 8.8, 4.56, 35"s, tube.

WTF? A unibody won? Did they build a mall at the finish line or something?

Funniest thread on MC

24. #74 Re: Splinter 
    Nice project man,that thing looks tuff. Nice wheeling pics too!
    I don't have a lot experience with vampires, but I have hunted warewolves. I shot one once. But by the time I got to it, it had turned back into my neighbor's dog.

-Dwight Schrute

25. #75 Re: Splinter 
    Quote Originally Posted by FortCollinsZJ View Post
    Looks SOO mean.

Did you have to cut much on the passenger side (under tha ammo can) My bumper covers all that crap and I don't remember what it looks like.

I can see that it's just the filler hose on the drivers side, but it looks like the passenger side would be wide open into the cab if I started cutting like you did.

I'm excited to see what you come up with for a cage.
    Yeah on the passengers side I had to cut out a bunch and then I just sheet metaled it back in like the drivers side. The cage will be the next project.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Thread Information