Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! - Page 4

Thread: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
  1. #76 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    Bumper updates?

2. #77 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Gb02WJ View Post
    Bumper updates?
    Ill post pics!!!
    96 ZJ Limited, 5.2 with K&N filter, Hi flow cat, Cherry bomb extreme muffler, Clayton long arms 6" lift, Steering box brace from KOR, KOR track bar Conversion,TnT steering, 242 TC, 8.8 with ARB Locker, dana 30, 4.88 gearing, 35 KM2's
    KOR bumpers
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17149
    07 CRF250X

3. #78 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    I got my 4.88's and ARB locker in my 8.8 last night..Also got a few pics from wheeling this past sunday!!

crossing the san andreas fault

This is my buddys ZJ
    96 ZJ Limited, 5.2 with K&N filter, Hi flow cat, Cherry bomb extreme muffler, Clayton long arms 6" lift, Steering box brace from KOR, KOR track bar Conversion,TnT steering, 242 TC, 8.8 with ARB Locker, dana 30, 4.88 gearing, 35 KM2's
    KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

4. #79 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    is that Cache's ZJ from JF?
    The Blue Submarine
    2001 Grand Cherokee (WJ) 4.7

Life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely, in a
    Well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways,
    Totally worn out, shouting “HOLY SHIT, WHAT A
    RIDE!”

5. #80 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    Nahhh, his has a big ass skid over the radiator, and different wheels., same fenders though, and the rack looks alike.
    Neil R.

93 318 ZJ, HP30, 8.8, 4.56, 35"s, tube.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFuego View Post
    WTF? A unibody won? Did they build a mall at the finish line or something?

Funniest thread on MC

6. #81 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    I around to installing my compressor and I deleted my ABS...its a tight fit...

KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

7. #82 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    Nice pics!!

8. #83 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    Heres last few pics of my ARB set up..

KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

9. #84 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    I been waiting a while to start my cage and got around to starting it,so heres a pic so far,I got the A pillers done aswell but no pics.
    Wat u do u guys think?
    KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

10. #85 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    I know it's not finished but it looks to me that it needs more triangulation..... What are your plans?

11. #86 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaster View Post
    I know it's not finished but it looks to me that it needs more triangulation..... What are your plans?
    It going to be like chadjans set up in his ZJ, I think Im redo the support bars like they did in the pics!!heres link to it.
    http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=766246
    Last edited by faststang1; 04-21-2010 at 11:01 PM.
    KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

12. #87 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    I have looked around at other cages and Im taking ideas from everybody e cage and making my own, If u guys look at the last link I posted.Its a ZJ with the Red cage in it.I plan to grab the uniframe as well.My tubing is 1.5 DOM.
    I have heard people say the cages need more triangulation but Not sure wat that really means?
    Wat do u guys think?
    KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

13. #88 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    I got around to working on the cage some more.I got to searching and reading up on cage builds and I read that the C hoop on Cams ZJ ripped the floorboard cause it just welded to floor so came up with the ideal of puting tubing to the fender wells and sandwiching it to make it stronger.If u look at the pic its the red lines the blue is where its just welded to the floor.

There no room for a X between B hoop and C hoop with out it bing 2in from ur head, so Im going to a V like the E.O.R's cage with gussets..Wat do u guys think?
    Last edited by faststang1; 05-17-2010 at 12:55 AM.
    KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

14. #89 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    I got working on the cage some more redid the rear.
    The cage tend to vibrate or shake a lil not much but enough to bug me.So heres some pics of were Im at.the red line is what I plan to add to the cage next weekend As for the blue lines is were Im attaching the B pillar, c pillar and I thinking about the d pillar but not sure yet..I plan attaching it like (Chadjans) did to his ZJ!
    So wat do u guys think?

KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

15. #90 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    close-ups of the welds?

16. #91 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    Like the redo of the rear

17. #92 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    Quote Originally Posted by Brad S View Post
    close-ups of the welds?
    most the weld were done by me and 2 of my buddys.
    One of them build trophy lite's...he did all the thin metal welding.

KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

18. #93 Re: My 96 Grand ZJ build!!!! 
    Andrew

Here are the pics you wanted of the cage in my old ZJ. If I was to do it again I would make the cage a little tighter to the roof. It was as tight as we could get it with the head liner in. I then had removed the head liner after the fact. Damn I miss this thing...

19. #94 Cages 
    I was just wondering if you thought of an E cage rather than the cage being inside of the rig. I was just wondering because I am about to be at that point in my build and , now this is just my opinion, please constructive criticism is most welcome. I am wanting to do an exo cage just due to the fact that I will have more room inside the rig and then it will still look like a grand cherokee after I roll it. After seeing rhino roll his down the hill, that is triggering me to do an exo cage..

20. #95 Re: Cages 
    Quote Originally Posted by Hockinaloogie View Post
    I was just wondering if you thought of an E cage rather than the cage being inside of the rig. I was just wondering because I am about to be at that point in my build and , now this is just my opinion, please constructive criticism is most welcome. I am wanting to do an exo cage just due to the fact that I will have more room inside the rig and then it will still look like a grand cherokee after I roll it. After seeing rhino roll his down the hill, that is triggering me to do an exo cage..
    If I was to do a Exo cage,whick Im not sure yet. I would start from the inside work my way out to tie it all together, Like rstrucks did to his ZJ.To me it would be stronger.I got to finish my A pillars and attach to the factory pillars to make it even stronger.The only reason Im doing the cage is just to stiffen up my ZJ.

here's rstrucks build thread
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum//sh...t=21333&page=6
    KOR bumpers
    07 CRF250X

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Thread Information