Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Project Fuzzy - Page 10

Thread: Project Fuzzy

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910
  1. #226 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    looks awesome man. rewiring all my lights is next on my list. not looking forward to it lol

2. #227 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Yes, in hindsight if I had known what I know now the shat wiring would never have happened. Running thicker witter is the lesson I learned. The 8-10g is over kill but I'll never have to worry about the lights again.

3. #228 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Got some more work done last week. Ordered new rear shock brackets, real axle seals, lock rings, and bearings. Continuous work on auxiliary and audio. Lost the charge on the dd so I replaced the alternater as well.

Alternater was on its last breath so I picked up a used one with half my jeeps miles. Install was pretty easy.

Unbolt 3 bolts and loosen the tension rod to pull out the original.

Out with the old, in with the new used.

Swap and rebolt, new one is 10 times quieter and working like a charm. Plus free battery swap!

Now back to the 5.9. Opened the Hellas 500 up and ran 10g to them.

Self grounded them to their own connecting bolt and daisy chained them off each other from the new home run.

Bye bye stock

Ordering the wiring harness today to connect the dvd/nav unit.

Dremel handiwork to fit the new unit.

Got a really good deal on an video/audio so I'm putting that in as well. Back to the grind!

4. #229 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Congrats on the "milestone" with the WJ. I'm on 238K with my 97 4.0 and stock tranny. Still truckin along. As for the wiring, do it nice, not 2wice. Good call on the guage wiring. I ran 10 also on my hellas. Worked out fine. Then again I have no where near all the accesories your packin in your ride. Love all the updates.
    Brian
    1aauto.com
    866-433-3393
    Jeep Repair Parts

5. #230 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Took this weekend to finish up the rear and get the jeep moving. Here's a bunch of the progress. New bearings, seals, and lock ring for the super 8 came in late last week. Had to press the new stuff on with a 20 ton press and 3/4" plate. 1st attempt left the press hissing and bent plates. 2nd attempt with a plate twice as thick. Success on both sides. And a walkthrough of installing the shafts. Exposing where the shafts insert. Removing the old race. Calipers, back plate and rotor removed. Plenty of rtv. And reverse the process. Doneskis. Cleaned up the 8.8 diff, no shavings or chunks. More rtv as always. Bolt up the RockCrusher cover. Rear all cleaned up, void of all leaks. Amazing! Running more 10 gauge home runs for the lights and grounding at the source. Wired in the front IPF's and Hellas 500's. Installed 2 more Hellas on the rear rack and put the original yellow lights from the front bumper inside the Trailready rear bumper. You can see a glimpse of the yellows. Great success overall, moved the jeep about 55 highway miles no problem. The rear calipers feel tight so pulling some from the junkyard today and I'm thinking about adding the front swaybar back since I have extended jks quick disconnects and brackets for it. I'll post pictures of the jeep tomorrow with the day light. Audio/visual here I come!

6. #231 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Went to the junkyard to grab a few goodies for the 9er yesterday.

Scores a v8 swaybar to help reduce some of the boat effect.

And some new calipers as well.

Still looking for a ZJ 231 shifter bezel but in due time.

7. #232 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    are the front sway bars for V8's different than the V6's?? I assume the V6 version is softer right?

Thanks,
    G-
    04 WJ, Limited, 4.7 HO, 242 Swap, 6" Clayton Longarm'd, 35" BFG KM2's, 17" WER Beadlocks OMF rings, Kevin's Sliderz, Kevins HD Tie Rod, TNT Customs Hi-Steer, Fox Bypasses, 4.56 Gears,
    Incline Winch Bumper from Frantzdesignworks.com

8. #233 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    The class retard Lifetime Supporter ajmorell's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LSRGreg View Post
    are the front sway bars for V8's different than the V6's?? I assume the V6 version is softer right?

Thanks,
    G-
    What is this elusive v6 you speak of?

9. #234 Re: Project Fuzzy 

Thanks,
    G-
    A lot of times components from a V8 can be beefier than that of a straight 6. The 5.2 and 5.9 are V8's and the 4.0L are the straight I6.

Quote Originally Posted by ajmorell View Post
    Lol's

10. #235 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter
    Grand Slam West Planner
    Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy59 View Post
    A lot of times components from a V8 can be beefier than that of a straight 6. The 5.2 and 5.9 are V8's and the 4.0L are the straight I6.
    Sway bars are the same.

11. #236 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    sorry... inline6 is what i meant. so they are all the same?
    04 WJ, Limited, 4.7 HO, 242 Swap, 6" Clayton Longarm'd, 35" BFG KM2's, 17" WER Beadlocks OMF rings, Kevin's Sliderz, Kevins HD Tie Rod, TNT Customs Hi-Steer, Fox Bypasses, 4.56 Gears,

12. #237 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    sorry... inline6 is what i meant. so they are all the same?
    Just giving you shit. AFAIK, like Dave said, the sway bars are the same.

13. #238 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    friend,

could you send detailed rear bumper's pictures ?
    i am going to make rear bumper this month

14. #239 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Just giving you shit. AFAIK, like Dave said, the sway bars are the same.
    I figured as much.. plus, im sure i probably would have heard of it before. It would be nice to get a softer rate one on my rig.. I've been 'rolling' with nothing for the last few months! haha.

15. #240 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Took some shots today in the sun. Hopefully some more progress gets done this weekend. Looking to replace the rear calipers, add the front swaybar mounts, and continue more work on the audio.

16. #241 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    New goodies arrived for the 9er. Ordered a dual battery kit from Painless Wiring and grabbed 2 Hellas 500 stone shields for the front bumper. Hopefully get a chance this weekend to install it.

17. #242 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    A long Thanksgiving weekend allowed for some more work to be done. Rear calipers felt like they were freezing up a little so we started with them. And opening up. Out with old, in with the used new. Reassembling the brakes The e brake butterfly was acting up a little so we grooved the shoes and it fixed that problem. Final shot of driver and passenger. To add some more "on street drivability" I picked up a swaybar from the junk yard. Here's the beginning of the install. Penetrating fluid to help break the KOR steering brace free. We undid the bolts on both sides and planned on mounting below the brace. Loosening the bolts around the pitman arm. Swaybar and JKS quick disconnects in both side with the brace mounted on top, no new holes needed surprisingly. Passenger side fits perfectly. Driver side however mounted on driver runs directly through the tie rod, and passenger side it his the trac bar mount. So I'm not completely sure yet where I can weld the mount. Took the new Hellas stone shields and mounted them up. I'm thinking I'm going to have to weld a block on the tire side on top of the original swaybar mount and then weld the new one on top of that so that it clears the coil and steering.

18. #243 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Get rid of sway bars. End of problem
    95 Rubicon ZJ-60/14b-40" LTBs on 17" ORO beadlocks-full hydro
    Uber one Ton ZJ Tech
    PSC Full Hydro Tech for ZJ
    Crawler Ready Motor Mount Install

19. #244 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Driving back from work in the WJ and I heard a pop and lost my power steering on the highway. After fighting with the steering wheel I pulled in front of my house and my timing belt had shredded and water pump imploded. Took the weekend for the quick fix.

A shot of the bent water pump.

And yanked the pump.

Out with the old and in with the new.

Cleaning and prep work.

Reinstalled and belt ran.

Water pump installed and working like a charm. Pretty easy install, removed shredded belt, unbolted water pump, clean/prep, rebolt. WJ is running like a charm. ZJ update coming tomorrow.

20. #245 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Timing belt? What timing belt?

21. #246 Re: Project Fuzzy 
    Where we're going we don't need timing belts...
    This person should be taken as seriously as a heart attack while piloting a zeppelin over a bacon factory, which is the most serious of heart attacks, because if that zeppelin crashes into that bacon factory all of us will be without bacon and that simply will not do.

Thread Information