Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

OCG 7/13 (pics added) - Page 2

Thread: OCG 7/13 (pics added)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. #26 Re: OCG 7/13 (pics added) 
    Senior Member Grand Slam West Planner
    Jim Karlin
    Project Big Red Jeep
    96 ZJ, 4" inch lift (Claytons, Teraflex coils), 33" Kumho MT KL71s, Aussie in the rear
    A bunch of KOR stuff
    Taurus e-fan swap (DC Controls box)

GSW 2010 Pics

2. #27 Re: OCG 7/13 (pics added) 
    Imsorry Dave..........HERE COMES THE BAN STICK!
    ~Vintage~
    http://www.vintagejeeps.net/jeep_history.asp
    86' CJ-7
    Towed By "RED ROCKET"

3. #28 Re: OCG 7/13 (pics added) 
    Member Grand Slam West Planner dads5.9's Avatar
    Here are a few more pics from the trip. It was great to see everyone.

And here is the link to the rest...
    http://s263.photobucket.com/albums/i...h%20July%2008/
    '98 5.9L, Clayton LA on 35s

4. #29 Re: OCG 7/13 (pics added) 
    Here are a few of my favorites:

'98 ZJ 5.2L with 7" KOR lift, 35x12.5 MT/R's
    D30HP 760 axles/u-joints with Ox in front, 8.8 with Detroit in rear

Build and offroad pics at jeepsite.net

5. #30 Re: OCG 7/13 (pics added) 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    It's about time I posted mine. A few vids too.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...008/?start=all

From the the top of Crow Hill on I had a very loud howl on any kind of coast. I nursed it back by going as slow as I could so I could keep a bit of gas on all the time. It sounded like the worst pinion wine you've ever heard & I figured that that's probly what it was but it was so loud that I thought maybe it could be the t-case or even tranny. It really sounded like it was coming from the center instead of the back. Corey told me the frst thing I should check was the pinion nut & sure enough that's what it was.

I think I know why it came loose. The rear yoke was changed last year to a differant size to accommidate a normal sized u-joint & I bet a "new" nut was not used or even loctite. I could be wrong though. Bahaing the jeep while in low every chance I get probably is what caused it to come loose a lot sooner than it might have though..

A "new" nut, loctite & Corey & his air gun & everything seems OK now. However the locker sounds like it was just put in again.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

6. #31 Re: OCG 7/13 (pics added) 
    Quote Originally Posted by Colorado 5.9 View Post
    It's about time I posted mine. A few vids too.http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v1...008/?start=all

From the the top of Crow Hill on I had a very loud howl on any kind of coast. I nursed it back by going as slow as I could so I could keep a bit of gas on all the time. It sounded like the worst pinion wine you've ever heard & I figured that that's probly what it was but it was so loud that I thought maybe it could be the t-case or even tranny. It really sounded like it was coming from the center instead of the back. Corey told me the frst thing I should check was the pinion nut & sure enough that's what it was.

I think I know why it came loose. The rear yoke was changed last year to a differant size to accommidate a normal sized u-joint & I bet a "new" nut was not used or even loctite. I could be wrong though. Bahaing the jeep while in low every chance I get probably is what caused it to come loose a lot sooner than it might have though..

A "new" nut, loctite & Corey & his air gun & everything seems OK now. However the locker sounds like it was just put in again.

sweet hood, where'd ya get it?

7. #32 Re: OCG 7/13 (pics added) 
    Senior Member Lifetime Supporter Colorado 5.9's Avatar
    I got it on a group buy about 4 years ago on Jeepforum. Hambeck Customs made it. The buss. is mow Malibu Designs in Cali. It's carbon fiber & was only $650 at the time of the GB. They are now over $1500 in CF. FG is probably around $800. However if you like it that much you can get a copy in FG on ebay for around $300 + shipping. I think it was CWM on here got one & he was pleased with it. It had to be prepped before it was painted.
    98ZJ 5.9, 7" T&T's Long arm kit with belly pan,frame stiffeners,trusses front & rear. 35X12.50 16 BFG KM2's.4.56 Gears, Trail Ready Rear Bumper,Arbed HP D30 Aussie locked rear,ect.ect. Latest 5.9 Pics.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Thread Information