Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Schwarttzy ZJ

Thread: Schwarttzy ZJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Schwarttzy ZJ 
    After seeing all your guy's Jeeps and the phases I though I would put mine up since I'm no longer scared of you guys. When I first came to this website the lifts, tires, and armor you guy's have made me think I'm never going get that far, but none the less I can't believe how far I have come.

When I bought it.

I got my Jeep for $4000, (this is sad) the only reason I bought it was because I have a mustang that sucks in the winter, my brother had a ZJ which made I missed my first vehicle which was a manual 91 2dr Cherokee (I was broke). Anyways this time around I wanted a Jeep with leather interior, power everything, the straight 6, 4 -wheel drive and I got it.

Stage 1 September 07

I wanted new tires because my ZJ's where bald. I want something that looked aggressive and ended up with 245/75r16 MTR's I ran them for a bit on stock height but soon my KOR 2.25" spacers came.

Stage 2 December 08

Now That I had been bit by the off road bug I want more flex so I got a F>R swap from IRO that some guy never installed, except he forgot to tell me that the front spring was a 4.5". I ended up having to use the stock front springs and 2.25" spring in the rear.

Then came tow hooks and sliderz.

Stage 3 April 08

Little bit bigger, older, and wiser lol! I want to get 4.5" Spring for the rear becuase of all the tools I carry so I did that, also I got JKS Quick disconnects for the front swaybar. Then came the adjustable rear track bar, what a pain to install. 4.10 Gears, Aussie locker, and yukon Chromoly axle shafts.

Stage 4
    June 08

This has gone way into obsession now. I managed a hanson front bumper, ProtoFab rear and brand new lower fixed control arms from IRO, and IRO adjustable's on top, plus I now have 5.5" lift becuase my springs haven't sagged yet, and when you center the axle with the control arms you get another 1" of lift or at least I did. Also I got my rear drive shaft lengthened 2" added a 1500 watt continous AC power inverter to run full size power tools on the trails.

Soon I will have some 305/70r16 M/TRs and a spare Dana 35 with ox locker and 30 spline shafts in it.

Side notes
    - I wish a had a Double carden rear drive shaft (Can I get one for my 249 transfer case without getting a slip yoke eliminator so I don't have to get a new transfercase?)
    - I want a electronic locker in my front Dana 30 which is a TJ style
    - Also a roof rack to hold my spare and Hi-lift, axe, some lights and shovel would be nice.
    - A dana 30 Differential guard would be smart soon
    Last edited by Schwarttzy; 07-03-2008 at 09:39 AM.
    1998 ZJ Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited I6
    Lifted 6", Goodyear MTR's 33", Winch, Bumpers, Sliderz,Long Arm, 4.10, Locked, and Loaded. (the last bit is a pun)

2000 Mustang and a 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 636

2. #2 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Not lookin too bad, but the stock jeep wheels just arent doin it for me. Just my opinion though. Plus in the long run your gonna wanna ditch the 249 for a 231, 242 or something better so i wouldnt waist your time. Have fun with that dana 35 and ox in it!!

3. #3 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    You gotta learn how to embed photos to the page. There should be an img code somewhere there. Jeep looks good by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrojanMan View Post
    I live in your skull.

Rent free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Just move to Boulder with the rest of the tree hugging Prius driving hippies and you'll be fine.

4. #4 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by grandmaster View Post
    Not lookin too bad, but the stock jeep wheels just arent doin it for me. Just my opinion though. Plus in the long run your gonna wanna ditch the 249 for a 231, 242 or something better so i wouldnt waist your time. Have fun with that dana 35 and ox in it!!

I actually plan to save up for a Atlas Transfer case

Quote Originally Posted by redline61
    You gotta learn how to embed photos to the page.
    I did, but I have posted so few times that I don't think this site doesn't lets me.
    Lifted 6", Goodyear MTR's 33", Winch, Bumpers, Sliderz,Long Arm, 4.10, Locked, and Loaded. (the last bit is a pun)

5. #5 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 

you can.... jsut take the ?v=0 off of the end leaving the .jpg as the end of the link then put that inside the img tage
    93' ZJ 4.7L STROKER, Clayton LONGARMS, 4wd conversion, 231 SYE, HPD30, 8.8, BFG 35's, 2000 manifold & injectors, Hesco fpr, Port & polish, LS1 valves, WJ Steering/brakes, KOR SliderZ & steering box brace, Clayton TB bracket and my custom trackbar, Crane ignition, B&M cooler, Tom Woods, etc....
    Quote Originally Posted by Krash80 View Post
    We're all insane here...

6. #6 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by DJJordache View Post
    you can.... jsut take the ?v=0 off of the end leaving the .jpg as the end of the link then put that inside the img tage
    Thanks, lol I should have noticed that

7. #7 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    You have an I6 and a 249...that's odd, I would suspect you have a 242. Tom Woods makes a hack-n-tap SYE for the 242...yes it's still a hack-n-tap, but Tom does the hacking and tapping.

Welcome. Eat Shit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I have a year round cougar permit. Cougars are always in season.
    '93/6"-Custom 3link & Tri-4link Long Arm/4.6L Stroker/AW4/np231/HP30/D44/Detrioted-4.88s/35s/murdered out wood grain playa...

8. #8 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty View Post
    You have an I6 and a 249...that's odd, I would suspect you have a 242. Tom Woods makes a hack-n-tap SYE for the 242...yes it's still a hack-n-tap, but Tom does the hacking and tapping.

Welcome. Eat Shit.
    lol thanks for the eat shit

I definitely have the 249, I only have 4HI, N, and 4LO, and it is factory, just not the original one, I have spare parts for mine!

9. #9 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwarttzy View Post
    lol thanks for the eat shit

I definitely have the 249, I only have 4HI, N, and 4LO, and it is factory, just not the original one, I have spare parts for mine!
    Wow...Jeep never ceases to amaze me. Well, anyways, don't polish that turd (the 249). Ride it hard till it dies, in the mean time start looking for a 231 or 242 (231 prefered). I like where your head is at with the Atlas...but honestly, your axles should get more attention than your trans-case at this time. Anyways, you don't really need the SYE on the ZJ until you are above 4"(I'm at +6" and still don't have one, lol.)

And for the love of Pete, lose the bling snowflake rims, lol.

Good looking Heep though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cody View Post
    I have a year round cougar permit. Cougars are always in season.
    '93/6"-Custom 3link & Tri-4link Long Arm/4.6L Stroker/AW4/np231/HP30/D44/Detrioted-4.88s/35s/murdered out wood grain playa...

10. #10 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Why a atlas tcase? It seems like overkill for a zj unless you are thinking buggy at some point. My 231 has done a great job for me and would be much cheaper for you than a atlas.
    95 zj, KOR 7" long arm kit, lockrights front and rear, 285/75/16 (32.9x10.3) on rock crawler 16x8x4.5bs, kevins track bar with a home brew conversion, K&N FIPK, and Rubicon Express gen II discos.

Ready for install... home brew sliders
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/sho...hlight=sliders
    Dr. Mambo
    http://www.mallcrawlin.com/forum/sho...ighlight=mambo

11. #11 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    I like overkill, nothing goes wrong then.

The reason I'm thinking about a SYE is because I'm fighting vibrations right now.
    - got it aligned
    - tires balanced
    - Transfer case drop kit (I hate it but I tried it)
    - got the rear drive shaft lengthened
    - Not sure where to go from here...

Each one of these made a bit better than the last but still not a success.

What did it take for you guy to get rid of your vibrations?

The vibes start at 55mph, the vibes are not bad, just that it bothers me. As a side note from 0-50mph the jeep rides like a dream.

Anychance it could be a bad hub causing the vibs, because at 148k I think they are the factory ones?
    Last edited by Schwarttzy; 07-03-2008 at 06:09 PM.

12. #12 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    I like overkill, nothing goes wrong then.

The reason I'm thinking about a SYE is because I'm fighting vibrations right now.
    - got it aligned
    - tires balanced
    - Transfer case drop kit (I hate it but I tried it)
    - got the rear drive shaft lengthened
    - Not sure where to go from here...

Each one of these made a bit better than the last but still not a success.

What did it take for you guy to get rid of your vibrations?

The vibes start at 55mph, the vibes are not bad, just that it bothers me. As a side note from 0-50mph the jeep rides like a dream.

Anychance it could be a bad hub causing the vibs, because at 148k I think they are the factory ones?
    Try pulling the front driveshaft and seeing how it does (as long as it's a 96+ 249). Which style shaft is on the front? How are your pinion angles? Can you tell where the vibe is coming from? Sounds like bad ds angles or maybe a u-joint is bad.
    re: testy
    Quote Originally Posted by CrawlerReady
    scrotum.

13. #13 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyZJ View Post
    Try pulling the front driveshaft and seeing how it does (as long as it's a 96+ 249). Which style shaft is on the front? How are your pinion angles? Can you tell where the vibe is coming from? Sounds like bad ds angles or maybe a u-joint is bad.

Your right it is the front drive shaft, thing weighs a ton compared to my rear drive shaft...

This is a newer one from Autozone... sure makes me upset with all the money i spent, and I only bought it like month ago.

The ride was amazing with out the front drive shaft, so smooth, time to remove the retarded tcase drop
    Last edited by Schwarttzy; 07-04-2008 at 03:11 PM.

14. #14 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Just have someone rebuild the shaft? It's likely that it could be going out, which would put you in a world of hurt and make you need a new t-case anyway. Ask me how I know.

I certainly wouldn't trust a shaft from AZ anyway, take it to a reputable driveline shop and make damn sure it's balanced, lubricated, new joints, etc.
    Poetry in commotion.

15. #15 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    So today I have reached the point at which I'm done. Well besides up keep and a front locker. I had one of the best days in a long time, I got my 33" by 12.5" tires, they came with Moabs. Road in a convoy to the Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club - Jeep Fest which was unbelievable turn out for the first year. We had a Ramp to test the flex and I have very minor rubbing with out even cutting the fenders (I have the factory bump stops). I do have a some minor inner wheel well hammering though, just folding the sharp edges over. Anyways here are some pictures. Also I should get my Tom Wood's drive shaft.

Last edited by Schwarttzy; 07-13-2008 at 08:56 PM.

16. #16 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by dirty View Post

Welcome. Eat Shit.
    My 94 had the I6/249 combo, I thought all the limiteds had the 249.

So today I have reached the point at which I'm done. Well besides up keep and a front locker. I had one of the best days in a long time, I got my 33" by 12.5" tires, they came with Moabs. Road in a convoy to the Northern Illinois Extreme Jeep Club - Jeep Fest which was unbelievable turn out for the first year. We had a Ramp to test the flex and I have very minor rubbing with out even cutting the fenders (I have the factory bump stops). I do have a some minor inner wheel well hammering though, just folding the sharp edges over. Anyways here are some pictures.

I like that huge lion hood ornament, way better than a jaguar.

Nice rig. I really like the mods.
    1998 ZJ, stock except for some horsepower stickers.
    1993 YJ, 44/14b, 5.13s, SOA on 3.5" springs, H2s, D300, in need of tires and to be put together.

17. #17 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamesFearMe View Post

I like that huge lion hood ornament, way better than a jaguar.

Nice rig. I really like the mods.
    LOL I didn't notice the hood ornament.

And thanks, have been trying.

18. #18 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Well to day was interesting, went to work and on the way home I got in a minor accident, I really got no damage, then when I got home I bolted in my new WOOD! My new Tom woods drive shaft, and best part is no vibrations!

The only Damage I got besides the Driver side mirror he knocked off.

He didn't get off so lucky.

Finally The good news, My tom woods drive shaft. :BANANA:

And Finally a posser shot

19. #19 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    FInAlly got to drive my jeep home with its new 8.8

We made few mistakes that need fixing like a mount being a inch off, brakes get hot and make a rubbing noise but fine other than that.

And SOme new stuff to show off, like the IRON ROCK OFF ROAD ultra high clearance rear long arm.
    my shoe size is American mens 13, these arms are huge.

20. #20 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    why have I not seen this kit yet? Is it a bolt in kit? anyone else running it? get some pics of the install. Someone spent a few hours designing and fabing that crossmember, lol, did they sign it? how much did you get the LA upgrade for? Or did you buy the whole kit?
    93' ZJ, 4.0L, 3" lift, 31's.. SOLD.
    New Ride- 1998 Ford Ranger 4x4, 4.0L, 5-Speed, 4x4.
    NEW JOB!!!!! NEW BABY!!!!
    Now considering another XJ/WJ/ZJ purchase as a baby mover- No room in the Ranger.
    Leaning towards XJ, 99-01.....

21. #21 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by Goosed76 View Post
    why have I not seen this kit yet? Is it a bolt in kit? anyone else running it? get some pics of the install. Someone spent a few hours designing and fabing that crossmember, lol, did they sign it? how much did you get the LA upgrade for? Or did you buy the whole kit?
    Becuase I am one of two people to have it, and it is bolt in. Ya I will have pics of the install soon. You will have to ask them on price because I got a deal since this is pre-production.

22. #22 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Interesting cross member. How did you luck into being a pre-production owner? Are you going to add long arms in the front later?
    Last edited by dangerousdave; 10-02-2008 at 09:36 AM.
    95 zj, KOR 7" long arm kit, lockrights front and rear, 285/75/16 (32.9x10.3) on rock crawler 16x8x4.5bs, kevins track bar with a home brew conversion, K&N FIPK, and Rubicon Express gen II discos.

Dr. Mambo

23. #23 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerousdave View Post
    Interesting cross member. How did you luck into being a pre-production owner? Are you going to add long arms in the front later?
    Well I was asking to get something else custom fabed for my rear by them, and instead they offered this to me. Yes I'm going to add long arm in the front, I'm waiting on them to get a finish design to test.

24. #24 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Subscribing - waitin' on the IRO LA install.
    Mine - Black '95 5.2L ZJ, 6.5" RE hybrid lift, ARB Bumper, 33" TrXus MTs, Black Steelies,
    Magnaflow, K&N
    Hers - '99 4.0 WJ, Platinum Silver Metallic, 2" BB, 245-75-16 BFG ATs

25. #25 Re: Schwarttzy ZJ 
    Yeah im interested in seeing the install too. You need to do a write up on it.

Do you have any pictures of your jeep wheeling?

Dr. Mambo

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Thread Information