Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Fun WJ Build

Thread: Fun WJ Build

1. #1 Fun WJ Build 
    So i already have a 01 WJ on 35's thats my daily driver. im not real into cars and never was so ive been looking for a cheap not so nice WJ. Finally found a 99 limited. $500. its obviously a 4.7 and got leather and all that. the 4.7 has a broken rod. who would have figured a 4.7 thats got an issue? lol so around here it costs about 1000 for a junk yard motor and who knows for a rebuilt or new one. im guessing they never checked the oil. it came from philly so it shows. it looks as though it was re-painted with some single stage paint and the pass side has a mark going down it where i believe a sign was taken out. so this seems to be a perfect start off. for this one i figured wont be on the road a whole lot. i got a hp 44 and sterling 10.25 laying in my garage. the 10.25 with some h2 wheels and 12.50's will be fine without cutting it down. the front will need chopped 5 inches.as for the motor im in the market for a cummins 4bt. i got a nv4500 that i hear will bolt right up just gotta find a case.the front im going to build another front cross member for long arms. the back im sure ill hear some junk about it but im doing a leaf spring swap. my buddy did it to his zj and with the right setup you can make it flex better than or equal to long arms. ive had many cherokees and like how they handle with leafs in the back and towing. i plan on having a locker and tow at least a 4 wheeler trailer to the mountians ect. thats my reasoning for the leafs. id like to run some 37 mtrs. today i brought the jeep to my garage and pulled the 44a out and cut the spare tire holder out. moving the gas tank up where the spare was for more ground clearence. ive read a few threads where some guys did this and if all goes well ill do the same to my 01. this will be a fun build. i love looking at some builds and seeing guys getting all tore up on leaf spring swaps. and to be completely honest im not into hearing any bs on my thread so keep your thoughts to yourself if your one of those. heres some pics of the new wheeler.

01 WJ
    Long Armed on 35's

2. #2 Re: Fun WJ Build 
    01 WJ
    Long Armed on 35's

3. #3 Re: Fun WJ Build 
    01 WJ
    Long Armed on 35's

4. #4 Re: Fun WJ Build 
    01 WJ
    Long Armed on 35's

5. #5 Re: Fun WJ Build 
    Quote Originally Posted by freggum View Post
    i love looking at some builds and seeing guys getting all tore up on leaf spring swaps. and to be completely honest im not into hearing any bs on my thread so keep your thoughts to yourself if your one of those

Rarely do people get "all tore up on leaf spring swaps". It's a different way of doing the suspension, whoopty do. It works for some, not for others. It's all personal preference.

Oh yeah, eat shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Derek33
    Its a jeep, it doesn't have to make sense.

6. #6 Re: Fun WJ Build 
    eat shit and die you magot....

pleasantries out of the way now.... that is great ideas on the build. the but tuck is what I am interested in. please post pics of either about troubles you had doing and and what you did to solve it. the only one that comes to mind is the filler neck and hose. not that it is not possible. I know it has been done. I believe that was talked of as being an issue. I have to do the same to my Daily drive or I will put a stupid subwoofer in it....LOL.

Now swallow your shit!*@(*#Y)(U&

7. #7 Re: Fun WJ Build 
    cummins

i like where your going with this...
    99 wj 4.7l
    - work in progress (to make it less like a jeep)
    14 bolt beefed up, dana 60 beefed up, 14in SAW, full hydro, atlas...... yada yada yada

8. #8 Re: Fun WJ Build 
    any updates?

9. #9 Re: Fun WJ Build 
    Anything??

Id love to see a cummins wj.

Thread Information